Streaming with no picture ?

BJS2

I'm trying to steam an .mkv video file though the Emby android Tv app. It is running on a sony bravia kdl-50w800c. I can use dlna and it will play fine, just not through the app. I have attached the logs, it might just be a wrong setting. 

server-63601610683.txt

transcode-0a2ca02d-9772-41f1-a531-6dfb31e38439.txt

transcode-cd55ab88-18b1-4280-b553-2f150b43715f.txt

transcode-e787199d-6c08-4345-9564-ccad0600ed89.txt

post-16981-0-07947700-1465982137_thumb.png

Edited by BJS2

Its because it is x265 which your TV doesn't support.  The app should realize that though.  What version of Android is running on it?

No, wait, it is transcoding to x264...

If you have quicksync enabled, try turning that off.

Got it to play by setting the max streaming bitrate to 720kb. So it transcodes the video instead of directplay. Doesn't look the best though.. Is there another way to force transcoding?

Edited by BJS2

• 2 weeks later...
darthweder

I'm encountering this same issue on my Android Nexus TV Player.  Once I set the android app so it will transcode due to a too high bitrate, then I get video again.  I've tried rebooting my server, and reinstalling the android app.  What can I provide to you to help solve this?

I think it is an issue with the embedded vlc the video will play when transcoded. But not on direct/v. I can play the video through MX player with HW+ enabled.

I'm encountering this same issue on my Android Nexus TV Player.  Once I set the android app so it will transcode due to a too high bitrate, then I get video again.  I've tried rebooting my server, and reinstalling the android app.  What can I provide to you to help solve this?

What is the media info from the web client for the item in question?

Is it possible for you to re-mux that item removing any unnecessary streams of information (like tags)?

• Like 1

darthweder

What is the media info from the web client for the item in question?

Is it possible for you to re-mux that item removing any unnecessary streams of information (like tags)?

Here is the media info from two different series that are having the same problem.  They have the exact same info except for the bitrate.

I remuxed an episode to .mp4 and it still would not show video. 

One of my friends also reported that they were having the same problem on their amazon firestick when trying to watch the episode.  He was using the android app version 1.2.11a.

I am using version 1.2.11g

post-32154-0-09580600-1467045651_thumb.png

post-32154-0-58464700-1467045654_thumb.png

Okay, both of those are HEVC.  Can you tell me what the last gray box on the OSD says during playback?  I would imagine it is "Direct/I"...?

• Like 1

Okay, both of those are HEVC.  Can you tell me what the last gray box on the OSD says during playback?  I would imagine it is "Direct/I"...?

Assuming I was correct about that, if you join the open beta you can test this out later today.

Android Open Beta Testing

• Like 1

darthweder

It says "Direct/V".

Does VLC (libvlc) not support HEVC?

Doesn't appear that way.  At least not the 10-bit color version.

CBers

I have HEVC content and it plays OK my Shield(s).

Would you be able to add the CODEC information to the details page in the ATV app? Might be useful to see it there rather than having to look it up in the web client.

I have HEVC content and it plays OK my Shield(s).

In which player?

The Shield should support it but the NP probably not.

CBers

Direct/V in the OSD.

I can't grab the Media Info, as for some reason, the Season isn't being displayed in the Web Clinet, whereas it is in the ATV app !!

CBers

Okay, then I'll continue to allow it in VLC on the Shield.  Thx.

Media Info (eventually) for one of the HEVC items:

Capture1143.jpg

• Like 1

darthweder

Capture1143.jpg

I notice that is the non-10 bit profile.  I'll try watching a video with that profile...

Okay, CBers, please test to be sure that still direct plays in VLC on your Shield with .15 when you get it.

darthweder - on your NP it should transcode and play properly.

• Like 1

darthweder

Capture1143.jpg

I just watched a video with the attached media info, and it played "Direct/V", and it played properly with no problems.  So I guess it's a problem with the main10 profile?

post-32154-0-98722000-1467055507_thumb.png

• Like 1

Okay.  .15 is going to transcode that as well on your NP but I'll make it allow that before we release.

• Like 1