Xbox One Logitech Harmony And Other Controllers

Scott310

Scott310

Hey Guys,

I was just curious if there is a way to enable the xbox platform to respond to the left toggle controls instead of the D-pad? The media center remotes and the logitech harmony all use that command for navigation. Aside from when I am playing a game I rarely pick up my controller from its charging base and instead use my logitech harmony one to control navigation. When I go to emby I have to pick up the controller and use the D-pad. Is implementing emby theater to respond to the left toggle possible?

Just curious...

yes but not easily. it will probably just have to wait until it becomes a real xbox one app and we'll have more direct access to the hardware.

AndyBak

I've only just cut over to using Emby on Xbox (literally today) as I'm trying to move away from WMC and am experiencing the same control quirk with my harmony remote.

I need to check but can you not just re-programme the harmony so that the directional buttons on the remote perform the same function as the xbox controllers d-pad?

jasonmcroy

You could do that, but would it affect navigation in any other areas of the Xbox interface or other apps? 

Logos302

You could do that, but would it affect navigation in any other areas of the Xbox interface or other apps? 

not sure even still you could have two profiles.  one for xbox et and one that is not.    course I'v never used the harmony remote for anything but ET on the xbox and for everything else I want the controller in my hand anyways.  

schmitty

From memory, I am quite sure Harmony maps to all of the buttons/sticks on the controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty