Lav Filters

mata7

babgvant

Here's the thing. While using the first option, for those who are trying it. Other stereo tracks, ie. MP3 etc will also get AC3 encoded. So when playing music in ET, it will also be AC3. Not so much of a big deal for me, as I use musicbee to play music. As it affords me the ability to play music in all channel, which ET does not yet do.

My hope is that one day, ET will develop to the point that music will be separated from all the AV, as how we listen to music is different to how we listen to AV media. Music needs to have its own settings.

Stereo PCM is PCM. While you store music as mp3, others may use mpa (AAC). There isn't really a good way to differentiate b/w it w/o building content type specific rules (if "music" then...) and that's a rabbit hole that I don't think has any value.

While there will always be some, like you, who want to use the flexibility that a PC provides to enforce complex rule-sets it's not my experience that this is a general enough requirement to warrant the level of investment required to build/test/support it.

Guest asrequested

That's what I was thinking. I can use the AC3 encode enabled with WASAPI, and continue to play music elsewhere. Maybe I can find a suitable way to combine the two, using the external player feature. The most important thing has been addressed. Thank you, again.

puithove

Any thoughts on updating the version of LAV filters that are downloaded - at least for those using "Edge"?  Right now it's still using 0.67.  0.68 has been out since March, and there's even 0.68.1 out since May.

**Edit:  Ok, so I found the "Filters Updated" thread which says Edge is already supposed to be on 0.68.1 http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19742-filters-updated/

But I had already verified that I was set for Edge both in the GUI and by looking in the directshowplayer.xml.  Still, I had 0.67 in my COMObjects folder.

So I closed ET, deleted the COMObjects folder and reopened ET so that it'd re-download.  Again 0.67.

Then I went into the GUI, switched to "Stable" - saw that it immediately started re-downloading the Stable versions - again 0.67.

Then I switched back to "Edge" in the GUI - saw that it re-downloaded.  *** Now on 0.68.1

I wanted to complete the experiment... so I again closed ET, deleted the COMObjects folder to force a re-download.  When I opened ET, it re-downloaded 0.67.  I went back through changing to "Stable" and back again to "Edge" and it switch back to 0.68.1 again.

So there seems to be a bit of a bug in the downloader.

Edited by puithove

babgvant

I wanted to complete the experiment... so I again closed ET, deleted the COMObjects folder to force a re-download.  When I opened ET, it re-downloaded 0.67.  I went back through changing to "Stable" and back again to "Edge" and it switch back to 0.68.1 again.

So there seems to be a bit of a bug in the downloader.

Thanks for reporting. I'll have a look at that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

Like with an Atmos file, both TrueHD and Atmos are encoded, Atmos being an extension of TrueHD. When playing it my receiver will play the Atmos. It's the same for dts-X. LAV has a separate TrueHD codec, which transports Atmos, but for dts, won't recognize dts-X. My receiver will display what stream it's using.

57dda65e396fe_Snapshot_253.jpg

57dda686a41f3_IMAG01061.jpg

Guest asrequested

Does LAV support this format? If not, nothing I can do.

I can find nothing specific to say they do or don't. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention, in case you knew more about it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The settings will be added automatically after they are saved through the UI (navigate to the audio/video settings, then back out). Close ET, open the XML to edit.

Audio processor is either the GUID or name of the filter to load.

SW DI defaults to 0, replace with the number of the scheme you want.

None = 0

YADIF = 1

W3FDIF_Simple = 2

W3FDIF_Complex = 3

I would not do this because currently the app will apply the filter for all content if you customize this, including when it's not needed.

I'm going to push out an update that will force it to Yadif if the config value is None and if we know the source content is interlaced. that will help it just work out of the box. If you guys want to toggle between the different deinterlacing methods, we can always add that to the settings screens, but I think yadif is probably the best default.

Hi guys. Is there a way to enable the "use legacy 5.1 channel layout" option that's available in the standalone LAV Audio config in the ET directshowplayer.xml file?

babgvant

Hi guys. Is there a way to enable the "use legacy 5.1 channel layout" option that's available in the standalone LAV Audio config in the ET directshowplayer.xml file?

Not currently.

puithove

I would not do this because currently the app will apply the filter for all content if you customize this, including when it's not needed.

I'm going to push out an update that will force it to Yadif if the config value is None and if we know the source content is interlaced. that will help it just work out of the box. If you guys want to toggle between the different deinterlacing methods, we can always add that to the settings screens, but I think yadif is probably the best default.

@@Luke - I'd vote for a configurable option.  Yadif is fine as a default, but I prefer W3FDIF.  The Simple mode uses less CPU than Yadif, and to my eyes looks better.

Also, FWIW - According to the LAV folks, when running a 64-bit process W3FDIF Complex performs even better (it's apparently more optimized).  I know the player is currently 32-bit only, but something to think about if we ever have an option of 64-bit (there are other advantages such as slightly faster software video decode and faster rendering in madVR).

• Like 1