Emby .. App.. 7Illusions

Tolerant

Tolerant

Cant find the proper area to post...

If the app refuses to run and just closes.. and shows the edge of the app on the left screen  .. on a 2 monitor (monitor / tv) system .. is there a way to reset the position and or something else I can do to fix / diagnose the issue that is not causing the app to start up normally?? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.. windows 10..x64 ..

Every time it runs I see a bar on left of monitor an it closes immediately..

Thanks for your time.. if this is not a common issue.. what can I do to trouble shoot it?

Vidman

The proper place would be under app support/ win 10&8.1 store app

Edited by Vidman

Happy2Play

Doesn't sound like the same issue I had of app opening then closing, but have you tried uninstall the app and reinstalling.

7illusions

If the app just closes, it should create a crashlog.

To get a hold of this, since the app won't launch, you need to find the app folder.

This is found in %appdata%\..\local\packages and you should see a folder starting with something like 47xxx7illusionsxxx

In that folder, go to localstate\metrologs and look for logs with cash in the name.

Deathsquirrel

If the app is launching offscreen and you can't grab it to move to the right monitor use ALT-Space, hit M for move, and arrow keys to move the window onto a monitor.  The last window position should also be in the registry somewhere but the key sequence above works fine as long as you can see where the window is being placed.

Tolerant

I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling, that did not work. I tried "moving" it via key presses etc, it doesn't stay open long enough to let me do that. It opens (in theory) and is immediately shut again before I really have a chance to do anything.All I see is an edge of it while it tries that. I will look for log files. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Is that the only app that does this?

You could try the Power shell script I found googling apps that open and close.  I have used it when the app store did this to me.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Tolerant

That did not fix the issue.. it still just opens and closes as soon as I try it, only showing the "right" edge of the app on the "left" edge of the monitor. The second monitor is located to the "right" of the first main screen of the laptop. Cannot find any location for the app itself and no logs etc.

Tolerant

If the app just closes, it should create a crashlog.

To get a hold of this, since the app won't launch, you need to find the app folder.

This is found in %appdata%\..\local\packages and you should see a folder starting with something like 47xxx7illusionsxxx

In that folder, go to localstate\metrologs and look for logs with cash in the name.

There are almost no files in any of those folders, except a store dat file, a roaming lock and settings file. Basically everything else is empty. And the properties for a shortcut to the emby app has no 'start in' location etc listed making this very hard to troubleshoot.