Replace Metadata

darthweder
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

darthweder

Emby automatically recognized the new Battlestar Galactica as the series from the 1980's and so all of the metadata was wrong.  I re-identified the show as the correct series and it changed the main picture and the pictures for the seasons, but when I refreshed the show it didn't replace all of the metadata.  This includes the episode pictures, actors in episodes, etc.  There used to be an option to replace the metadata when you hit refresh, rather than just updating the missing info.  Where is that option now?

Thank you for any help.

Edited by darthweder

roberth58

If you do not want this kind of hassle check tvdb for the correct name before adding shows to emby. The Battlestar shows are:

Battlestar Galactica or Battlestar Galactica (1978), either one works

Galactica 1980

Battlestar Galactica (2003)

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome

Easiest fix is start over, rename folders and episodes, delete all nfo and image files, let Emby scan. I've had to do this a few times and its easier and faster than trying to get Emby to correct existing data.

• Like 1

darthweder

Try putting in the refresh queue and run a library scan.

I've tried that, and it will only replace missing data.  For example, I deleted some of the episode pictures and descriptions, ran the refresh and library scan, and it added the correct pictures and descriptions only on the ones that I deleted.  It didn't touch the rest.

darthweder

If you do not want this kind of hassle check tvdb for the correct name before adding shows to emby. The Battlestar shows are:

Battlestar Galactica or Battlestar Galactica (1978), either one works

Galactica 1980

Battlestar Galactica (2003)

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome

Easiest fix is start over, rename folders and episodes, delete all nfo and image files, let Emby scan. I've had to do this a few times and its easier and faster than trying to get Emby to correct existing data.

That's good advice.  I'll make sure I follow it in the future.  The problem is that there used to be a perfectly easy way to do this.  You would click refresh, and then it would ask you if you want to replace all data or just fill missing fields.  For some reason that option is now gone.  This happens often enough that I'd like to see that feature return, or at least not be hidden if the option is still available.