Forget a series in Next Up

ebr

ThePaladinTech

Don't forget to 'like' the original post! this is how they keep track. +1's are nice and bump the topic to the top, but AFAIK they gauge interest by likes of the original post.

ray-finkle

Don't forget to 'like' the original post! this is how they keep track. +1's are nice and bump the topic to the top, but AFAIK they gauge interest by likes of the original post.

I was wondering what the process was! Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Fabrice1973

Was looking how to remove Kids shows displayed in my next up list...

Searched for it and I see that the first time this issue was raised was 6 years ago...

• 4 weeks later...
miniliQuid

Was looking how to remove Kids shows displayed in my next up list...

Searched for it and I see that the first time this issue was raised was 6 years ago...

Many requests and only so much they can add so they decide by popularity & ease of implementation.

This only started getting really active since 2019 (multiple votes and comments since then).

The more it stays active now that it is considered popular, the faster it should be implemented :)

BlazedMonkey

Many requests and only so much they can add so they decide by popularity & ease of implementation.

This only started getting really active since 2019 (multiple votes and comments since then).

The more it stays active now that it is considered popular, the faster it should be implemented :)

Unpopular opinion: The upvotes and +1's are just a placebo to shut you up: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71298-roadmap-transparency-ie-how-many-upvotes-does-a-feature-request-need-before-you-actually-implement-itwork-on-it/&do=findComment&comment=715523

Bottom line: You get answers that seem like they are working on something, but they really aren't, and they continue to work on what they want regardless of upvotes.

• 2 months later...
ghaugabrook

Where there any final options to edit the "Next Up" list to either favorites or remove unwanted series?

Not yet but we're interested in adding this in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
nairnmonster
On 13/06/2016 at 14:41, ebr said:

Yes, they do, but so do all of the shows you actually care about during their "off" period.  So, when a new one of those comes in, you have to wade through all of these to find it.

Or, if this feature doesn't fit with your usage, just don't "forget" any series and it will never impact you.

My next up always seems to put the new shows on the far right with oldest on the left. Is there a way to refresh this and I was expecting all new shows to show on the left?

nairnmonster

Well it is, but it means the newest show is far right and that's a lot of clicking right over other shows to get to.

Capture.JPG

Edited by nairnmonster

I guess this is one of those situations where it's hard to make everyone happy and would require settings.

For example, if you've just watched married with children, and you have to have the next episode available, then I think it makes sense to favor that one higher in the list then another show that you haven't seen as recently. I think it's just two different ways of looking at it.

samuelqwe
3 hours ago, Luke said:

I guess this is one of those situations where it's hard to make everyone happy and would require settings.

For example, if you've just watched married with children, and you have to have the next episode available, then I think it makes sense to favor that one higher in the list then another show that you haven't seen as recently. I think it's just two different ways of looking at it.

I think personally something like looking at both the date the episode was added to the server and the last watched date, and sorting by whichever is most recent would work in this case. But of course, this all comes down to personal preference and not everyone will agree with this. Adding an option for this would likely be the only way to please everyone.

Bigmack3000

Wait, there's really no forget feature for tv shows?  That seems like an oddly large thing to overlook.  So, if I ever watch one episode of a show it will just sit in the next up line forever?

nairnmonster

I just feel that it should always be left to right newest to oldest. Why would you want to click right to the most recent watched stuff?

• Like 1

MediaMogal
12 hours ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Wait, there's really no forget feature for tv shows?  That seems like an oddly large thing to overlook.  So, if I ever watch one episode of a show it will just sit in the next up line forever?

Pretty much.

marauder

Yea it’s really annoying. Not to mention the idea that if you add a tv show for someone else it shows up on all people’s latest shows and stays there’s. No way to hide shows that you’re not interested in on the board. 

22 minutes ago, marauder said:

Yea it’s really annoying. Not to mention the idea that if you add a tv show for someone else it shows up on all people’s latest shows and stays there’s. No way to hide shows that you’re not interested in on the board. 

This topic is about next up, not the latest lists. And a show will only appear in next up on the home screen if the user has started watching it.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Is it per episode, or per show? 

As Luke said, per show but how could it possibly be per episode?  Only one episode from any given show will ever show up in Next up.  What are you actually asking?

crusher11

If I opt to remove an episode from Next Up, and then watch it later on, will the following episode appear in Next Up or will no episodes from that show appear in Next Up under any circumstances?