Forget a series in Next Up

ebr

• 1 month later...
CBers

bump, still hoping this will get implemented

It's been almost 3 years since it was suggested.

darkassassin07

It would be nice to be able to manually 'forget' a series in next up, or even have series that havnt been watched for x amount of time be automatically removed from next up. (user configurable ofc)

Currently anything I dont want in that list I just remark as unwatched but that's not ideal.

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 months later...
crusher11

This would be especially good now that "Play Next Up" is an option on series pages. Marking things watched would disable that option too, whereas if it could be manually removed from Next Up the next episode would still be readily available from the series page while leaving the home page easier to navigate.

• 1 month later...
ginjaninja

oh dear..all the +1s and only 4 likes on original post, no wonder it hasnt been implemented.

was thinkink of a design

add a y/n forget? toggle to the series. (in the server gui to start with)

when constructing the next up 'view' include a filter for series with toggle

i am assuming the next up view is calculated by server and not clients.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

oh dear..all the +1s and only 4 likes on original post, 

This FR has 75 "likes"...

It is just a fairly complex thing to do (properly).

ginjaninja

This FR has 75 "likes"...

It is just a fairly complex thing to do (properly).

lesson learnt tappatalk doesnt show count properly..for me at least

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Just to share, It seems that the new Beta 4.3.0.9 has something similar "Are you still watching?"

Have not tested myself, so cannot say how it works. But in the next stable release we will have it.

• Fix external subtitles not getting refreshed on library scans
  • Fix delete from live tv plugins
  • Fix ffmpeg log parsing
  • Add global and per-user limits for simultaneous video streams
  • Fix subtitle file names with convert feature
  • Fix occasional hangs in media conversion feature
  • Restore counts on list screens
  • Add "Are you still watching?" feature to web app

vdatanet

Hey guys,

Just to share, It seems that the new Beta 4.3.0.9 has something similar "Are you still watching?"

Have not tested myself, so cannot say how it works. But in the next stable release we will have it.

It's not the same thing, "Are you still watching" is a mechanism to verify that you have not fallen asleep watching a TV Show and prevent all episodes from playing while you are sleeping.

Edited by vdatanet

I read this in the change-log but it has never asked me anything yet even after finishing Season One of a few shows as I assumed it would ask if I was continuing to Season Two which I am not for now.

I read this in the change-log but it has never asked me anything yet even after finishing Season One of a few shows as I assumed it would ask if I was continuing to Season Two which I am not for now.

Hi.  Did you turn the option on?  It is not defaulted to on.

nvm

Edited by Punch

Yes it is on but not sure if I did it or not.

The feature is intended to prevent continuous unattended playback (like you fell asleep or just turned off the TV).  Therefore, it will only prompt you if you haven't interacted with the app in any way for a long period of time (like at least an hour).  

If you are interacting with the app then it is assumed that you can stop playback at any time you wish.

miniliQuid

I do like the idea of forgetting items from homepage section (next up, latest "........")!

Mainly due to the fact in some of the "latest <libraryname>" sections, stuff might show up that I will never watch (children movies and stuff for the kids).

Edited by miniliQuid

• 3 months later...

+1 please implement this. My entire next up is cluttered and full of the graveyard of shows that I've stopped watching, but don't want to mark completed or unwatched.

levander

What if Next Up on the Home Screen would be replaced by You Were Watching...?

Most of the time I watch TV Shows that are not made for continuous watching like Cartoons, Anthology Series, Sketch-Comedy Series, Talk Shows etc. Often I shuffle, skip, cancel, search for "that" episode etc.... and then I end up having total mess in Next Up section: 3 different seasons/episodes of Pink Panther or Tales From The Crypt. In these cases Next Up section is almost not needed at all. But if I DO need it I have it already on every Show's details page. So instead having Next Up for every watched episode I would rather have section You Were Watching where only TV Show is listed as a reminder of what I frequently like to watch. Well, this is my case and I am aware that this could be unacceptable to most of users but maybe I'm wrong...

Edited by levander
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...