Forget a series in Next Up

ebr

Hi.  So does our feature.  This request is to create the ability for something to NOT show up there.

I know but as I am recently a new user to Emby every show is in there (I have not started to watch them yet and will not be for a long time) and due to current issue with server build next up is glitchy full stop for me in Kodi Emby App which I prefer.

Edited by jh30uk

Common sence going by its very name/title says Next Up should only show the next Ep in a Series you have started to watch, it should be empty/not on screen if you have not watched any shows yet added to a new Emby install/library.

Common sence going by its very name/title says Next Up should only show the next Ep in a Series you have started to watch, it should be empty/not on screen if you have not watched any shows yet added to a new Emby install/library.

We used to do that and people said "I just installed Emby and have a bunch of content.  How come there is no Next Up feature?"

Then they are clueless and you had it rignt the first time around.  ;) 

They should simply watch the 1st Ep or part of each show they want to be in Next Up but I bet they cannot watch all those shows as its not humanly possible even if your unemployed and living in your moms basement.

• Like 1

I'd still love to see this added as well.  I have certain shows I'll play just for background noise while doing other things.  I've probably watched each episode numerous times over the years and have definitely seen every episode but I'll UNWATCH a season just to be able to to track where I'm at while re-watching it.

MASH, West Wing, House come to mind.  I'd love to have a flag I can set on a series to eliminate it from showing up in this view.

MASH, West Wing, House come to mind.  I'd love to have a flag I can set on a series to eliminate it from showing up in this view.

That's an alternative approach to the exact feature requested here that could accomplish the same thing and a little more.  I would envision two options at the series level:

1) Mark a series as "non-serial" - this would mean that this series shouldn't be tracked from a "Next Up" perspective at all unless you select...

2) A secondary option that is there if it is marked as non-serial that says to still include this in "Next Up" but, if this is selected, then a random unwatched episode is produced instead of trying to follow any particular order

I think that would cover all of these types of bases.

That sounds good ebr!

This would be for each user correct?  Just because I may not want MASH, West Wing, House MD in my views doesn't mean my Dad doesn't want them.

Edited by cayars

That sounds good ebr!

This would be for each user correct?  Just because I may not want MASH, West Wing, House MD in my views doesn't mean my Dad doesn't want them.

First, just to be clear, I was just spitballing a possible feature like any other user here - not saying this is what we will do :).

Now, as for per-user, that would be a bit more difficult because of the interface.  I was thinking more as a property of a series not a user property.  Most series are either serial or they aren't...

This original request for forgetting would be user-based for sure.

• Like 1

Of course, devs are allowed to spitball ideas like every user.  LOL

To be honest when I first mentioned the idea I wasn't thinking about individual users either. Then after posting it hit me that wouldn't work for users but only the admin so I edited the post.  :)

I've always liked the idea of being able to swipe away things like resume items, next up, etc, that you don't want to see in that category anymore. Just have not been able to get to it.

• Like 3

This would be really usefull, has been requested by almost all of my users already.
Maybe put it a bit higher on the priority list? ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MyronAub

+1 as well

I have several girlie shows that my girlfriend started watching but then moved on to something else and I will never want to watch them so they're cluttering up my Next Up list.

+1 as well

I have several girlie shows that my girlfriend started watching but then moved on to something else and I will never want to watch them so they're cluttering up my Next Up list.

You know you secretly watch them.  LOL

I have tried setting up an account for your girlfriend and using the quick login feature to make changing users easy?

This way SHE doesn't have to see YOUR next play list and she keeps her Next Up pure.  :)

• Like 1

@@ebr

As an aside, how is the order of Next Up determined because I can't make heads or tails of it. I know in Plex it's ordered by the most recent shows you've watched, but this doesn't appear the case in emby

Thanks

Next up is a mess, the Mod stated in my previous post in a thread it worked as it should (common sense) till peeps requesed a change which IMO is wrong.

If I hide one of the shows that is in Next Up (I have never even started to watch them) then they all disappear and only the Next Ep of a show I start to watch is in there which is as it should be.

Very shortly I am about to complete all my current shows and bring across 40+ shows from external HDD so they will all end up in Next Up the way it works currently.

I ditched Plex due to poor player GUI and performance and no real fixes for years old bugs from Dev's (def ears in forums) but the GUI of the Server even the new look some do not like was fine by me and the Continue Playing and On Deck (same as Next Up) worked perfectly.

The Plex Kodi Add-on (not PlexKodiConnect which IMO is crap) GUI and features though basic in a way was better but it was lacking support going forward.

Edited by jh30uk

I want to express my interesting in the forget this show from up next :D

also

You just have to toggle the watched status in the web client to remove from Continue Watching.

I still want Emby to renember what i have seen incase i ever change my mind, This is 50% of the point with Emby for me.

Edited by Enwyn

Not sure if an update but my Next Up was empty till I started to watch a new show tonight.

And after viewing Ep1, only that show's Ep2 was in next up and it works so far for a total of 4Eps, so hopefully Ep5 will still be there tomorrow night.

The only other thing could be the other shows that were there that I have never watched so far are now classed as old as I have had this Emby set up a few weeks now, only way to tell would be to add a new show and see if it goes in next up or not.

Continue Watching can be a bit glitchy though.

Edited by jh30uk