Forget a series in Next Up

ebr

CBers

Don't they already filter down to the end of the Next Up TV list ??

I have quite a few different series in the list and the older ones are at the far right, sort of naturally forgetting about them, but still there nagging you to watch them   :)

If you Forget/Hide them, you would have to go looking for them if/when you remember them, unless you could create another view for old, unwatched TV series ;)

Edited by CBers

Don't they already filter down to the end of the Next Up TV list ??

Yes, they do, but so do all of the shows you actually care about during their "off" period.  So, when a new one of those comes in, you have to wade through all of these to find it.

If you Forget/Hide them, you would have to go looking for them if/when you remember them, unless you could create another view for old, unwatched TV series ;)

Or, if this feature doesn't fit with your usage, just don't "forget" any series and it will never impact you.

• Like 2

CBers

After their "off" period, they'd be either at the front of the Next Up list or in Premieres wouldn't they ??

It might prove useful if/when it is implemented.

After their "off" period, they'd be either at the front of the Next Up list or in Premieres wouldn't they ??

That "Premieres" thing only exists in the ATV app.  It isn't a general Emby feature at this point.  This would be.

• Like 1

WelFedTed

I would value this feature, it will also help with non-sequential series that don't make that much sense to track next-up for, like Nova Documentaries or the like.

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

Have been wanting this for some time. It would give more control over what it suggested to watch.

• Like 1

computerprep

Definitely. For old unwatched / don't-care-about series... but also for families with little kids.

Different users could remove shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from showing up in their "next up" queue

Or since some are worried about forgetting the show exists entirely, give us just one more queue that only appears when used: pinned next ups. This would be a queue that shows next up episodes for series that are favorited or something similar.

Definite +1 here.

Edited by computerprep
  • Like 1

JoshuaAJones

Definitely. For old unwatched / don't-care-about series... but also for families with little kids.

Different users could remove shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from showing up in their "next up" queue

Or since some are worried about forgetting the show exists entirely, give us just one more queue that only appears when used: pinned next ups. This would be a queue that shows next up episodes for series that are favorited or something similar.

Definite +1 here.

Thank you for that example.

Until then, I was wondering why you were still getting the show if you didn't want to watch it anymore.

Until then, I was wondering why you were still getting the show if you didn't want to watch it anymore.

Sometimes you may watch one season of a show and then get into a different groove and not want to watch the next season until some undetermined later time so you would like to just keep it out of your next up list for now.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Don't have any young children but do have five users with different tastes in television. Leads to recording over 80 series per season. Then you inevitably end up watching an episode or two of someone else's show on your account.

Sometimes you may watch one season of a show and then get into a different groove and not want to watch the next season until some undetermined later time so you would like to just keep it out of your next up list for now.

This as well. I started season 3 of Game of Thrones a few months ago and haven't finished it yet.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

• 3 weeks later...
Kelmino

yes please!

While personally I've given up on this annoyance, and just unwatched the status of all of the series I don't watch anymore, but the ability to do this would be much easier.

All you really would have to do is have the thumbs down remove it from your list.

• Like 1

computerprep

All you really would have to do is have the thumbs down remove it from your list.

Good use for the thumbs down button. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Concept211

Yes please!! I've been searching for this. I found that in other threads people mention to "thumbs down" the series to lower it on the list, but I don't even see an option for that. 

• 2 months later...

I commented on this in another thread, but wanted to post the same suggestion here -- please don't limit this to a "Forget", because some of us want to build an explicit included list, rather than excluding certain series.  From the other post:

Hmm, not quite the same -- I don't want to "Forget" things, I want to have an explicit curated list.  Though I think both of these are really the same thing -- we should be able to set a filter to apply to the "Next Up" list.  People who want to use the "Forget" feature can just do "doesn't have tag Forgotten", people like me can say "is favourite" (or "has tag Actively Watching").  This could be done as a per-user setting -- "Filter for 'Next Up'", which should make the implementation pretty straightforward.

• 2 weeks later...
nxenos83

This would be a great addition and clean up my Next Up section. My vote would be to avoid using the Favorite flag to perform the filtering. Preference would be to have either a Following or Ignore flag on the series header.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put the following pull requests for this on github:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/pull/2541

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-web-mobile/pull/2

Together, they add a simple per-user option of including only Favorites in in progress/next up/etc.  You go and mark shows as favorites, check the box, and then only those show up.

I don't know what the process is for getting a PR accepted etc, but hopefully someone from Emby can take a look soon.