Identifies Emby server but cannot select it

mikeyjeff
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mikeyjeff

Hi guys - I've been searching for a replacement for Media Browser that I used via WMC on Windows 7, and now that I have Windows 10 it's time to find new software that allows me to show my media library in a compelling type way.

I discovered that Emby is the "new" Media Browser, so thought I'd give it a go. 

I wasn't able to use the Free Trial effectively as by time I got the Server going, the trial had expired, so forked out the $6 to use the application and now that won't work either. The issue is that once I have installed the server, and then launched the App, all seems to be well as it clearly identifies my server automatically (see screenshot):

575e891216cce_Screenshot1.jpg

But clicking the box on the right hand side does absolutely nothing and doesn't given an error message (which is annoying in itself as there doesn't appear to be anything wrong, but nothing works)

I have checked my logs and attached it here. I have ensured that the server is visible as it asks me whether Windows Firewall should allow this app through (as per the standard Windows dialogue box) and have agreed to that, so unsure why this is happening.

Any advice based on this is appreciated. It's a little frustrating given I've just paid to use the app, and we haven't really got off to a good start!

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes

Mike.

EmbyLogs.txt

mikeyjeff

Thanks Luke - that did the trick. Much appreciated. My media server itself is on a separate box running unRAID 4.7 but my PC maps the network drives so technically, it is connecting to itself on the same wireless network, so this configuration item did the trick - works great now. Thanks again. I have another question about playback, but will find the right area to post. Best wishes, Mike.