Live tv (.m3u) files

Del007

Del007

I have some .m3u files that work perfectly on my windows pc with VLC. When I play them on Emby, a lot of them will only play for 30 seconds or so. Is there an option for 'continuous playback' like there is in VLC?

Cheers for your help

Hi, at the moment, no. I guess we're going to have to add some special  handling for them.

maybe you or someone can research if there's a way we can tell ffmpeg to stream it continuously over the command line?

Del007

I'd be more than willing to help but I've no idea what to do. If you could point me in the right direction then I'd love to help

• 2 weeks later...
lexisdude

vlc accepts live stream buffering and continuous play commands as part of it's parameters . I thought i read somewhere that the same could basically be achieved with ffmpeg through the use of ffserver in tandem but dont quote me on that

Edited by lexisdude

• 3 weeks later...
chiefnerd

This is a common problem with meet m3u8 chunk files. Just pipe it in using ffmpeg copying audio and video codecs outputting to ts instead of m3u8.

I can give you a command if it helps? We have to run this on all m3u8 files for tvheadend