UWP Testers

7illusions

Try installing from the website on top of your existing version.

Hi @@Luke that seems to work. albeit much slower than before.  It appears installing from the website gives you the net core version. Is that now the official release? I got .36 via an automatic update 

ffmpeg and ffprobe are now in the system folder  are they still the 3/2016 release?

• 1 month later...

Hi 7,

The new screens are nice! I use the scroll wheel or touch on the Surface. On my screens not all the choices are visible like users or all the settings..

For example this screen needs to be able to scroll down :) 

5a3441498fe40_Screenshot6.png 

The settings screen is similar.

thanks

-vicpa

Hi 

ah.. The arrows let you navigate in those screens, duh... But scroll would be better ;) 

-vicpa

Hi 7

I have tracked down my issue with collections. It appears to be a regression introduced by one of the latest server builds. Don't know if it is a server or app thing or when it exactly started. I tested with 280 and it is present there so not related to recent changes.  :( 

Weird so I will try my best to explain the use case. I have 3 separate movie libraries. None are grouped together. Each has some collections all built with the web UI or Auto box sets. There are about 100 total with the vast majority in one library. I am the only user with access to all three, my other users have only one or two of various combinations.

The app works as expected, the collection view from the hamburger opens just fine and is speedy. If you have only access to  no more than TWO of the three libraries. It doesn't matter which two or just one obviously. If you add access to the third library it doesn't work. bummer.

It is consistently reproducible with my library anyway. You still have access to my stuff if you want/need to see the specific case.

Thanks !!!

-vicpa

• Like 1

Hi 7

Sometimes it seems I am the only one testing,  :mellow: 

The change that lets additional media types direct stream seems to be working well. :) Maybe with the exception of TV but I am still checking that.

Of course I have a request, can you add the codec to the audio choice display? Currently it just shows "Surround" The icon you click on at the lower left of the playback screen. 

In a perfect world it would be Codec, layout, language. ie "AC3 5.1 eng" etc. Picky Picky Picky LOL ;) 

"Court the Guide" (great one 7,  :P ) The server doesn't let you modify the channel details,(thanks BTW for looking at the logo size), for me as a work around......

I would just truncate the call sign at the first underscore. ie ABC-D__WPVI_ABC to ABC-D

Thanks !!!!

-vicpa

Hi 7

The guide changes are really nice  :) I am fine with just removing the call signs until the server is fixed. Not sure what others will think.

Did you get a chance to look at the collection thing? Is it just timing out in that view?.

-One thing with the MCE remote, hopes this makes sense. When you use the remote to play video, Movies or TV. The focus goes to the play button and the on screen controls are visible, (Chapters as well when in movies) They don't seem to hide as long as the focus is some where in the controls. Can you make them hide after a few secs regardless?

Thanks 7, there are lots of nice improvements in 291

-vicpa

• Like 1

Hi 7

Another small thing that is really nice in 291 is the art is now consistently showing up in the OSD/System transport controls when you use the remote. Little thing I know but it is nice to see my album covers and posters when I use the remote :) 

thanks

-vicpa

Hi 7

292, collections are working great!

Every else so far so good. No pesky regressions

Will be a nice Christmas release!

Thanks

-vicpa

will test more later today...

7illusions

.295 just hit store. :)

Seems like MS won't get the Beta channel going before Christmas so I decided to push to public instead.

I will start looking into LiveTV now to get that in a better state as well. Might be a New years release if I'm lucky.

• Like 1

7illusions

They where beta. Problem is, Microsoft has broken their Beta channel for store, so no builds got out XBox testers. Since all new stuff is targeting Xbox and MCE users I decided to do yet another build, .295 which I pushed to the beta channel and to public store. (I did forget to upload it to hockeyapp though, will fix asap)

• 2 weeks later...
Vicpa

Hi 7

293 feedback alpha I know :) 

Old

-This bug reported in the regular forum is still there , https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54239-ember-crashing-on-all-devices-when-browsing-tv-seasons/

New,

Good News and some tweaks needed on the Numeric changer.

-seems to work really well with the keyboard.

-messages are great, Changing to XXXX, Unable to tune to XXXX, etc.

-My remote not so good.

I can't seem to key in the numbers fast enough (using the numeric keypad on remote). It seems to just capture one at a time. It then tries to change to for example Channel "1" and correctly can't since I don't have a channel 1.

Don't know if it is a server thing or what, but sometimes, particularly when it errors on the channel change the server doesn't release the tuner. It is  not actively trying to stream, at least I don't think so as the temp .ts is not growing. The files are locked by the server so I can't determine which channels they are from.

-oh and a navigation thing when you launch a tv channel with the remote, the focus goes to the play button on the playback screen. I can't seem to get it out of the control area and therefore the controls don't fade/disappear.

This is going to be great improvement to the Live TV experience.

Thanks 7!!!!!

-vicpa

• 3 months later...
Vicpa

Hi @@7illusions and everybody.

Yikes!! Got 1803 (17133.1) on my release preview machines yesterday, which is usually the last thing.  So I thought I better report in  :).  Only weird thing I have seen occurs sometimes when opening the app (.292). 

Happens after the app has been closed for a while and re-opened. sometimes you get just this.

5ac7c37a89ce4_Screenshot10.png

Weird I know. No error, doesn't crash it just doesn't seem to finish loading.

If you close and reopen. Loads normally and you are good to good.

The nice thing is that everything else seems to be working really well :)

Easy thing for me I just keep ember open !!

Just a heads up, as I guess 1803 will roll out generally real soon and expect folks will be reporting in. 

Thanks 7

-vicpa