UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

I take it that it's working so far?

I havent been able to tr on that many files yet, so it will need extensive testing. :)

Vicpa

Hi 7,

The thanks was actually for your, diplomatic responses to Luke. I was going to be a little less kind and may still. Just started to test and so far so good. :) .

I really only have mkv and mp4 videos. so I can test those containers. 

Thanks for getting on this so quickly. I realize it was unanticipated. 

-vicpa

As far as I am aware the latest beta should be direct playing again without any changes required to the app.

Vicpa

Ok will test that as well. 28.4 wasn't. 7's changes seem so far to have restored functionality with .28.4. I have 271 that I will test against 28.5 when I update that and verify that it is working. 

7 it will also be a good test to see if the beta changes do not introduce any regressions with Luke's changes to 28.5

Thanks Luke!!

Will let you guys know.

Vicpa

Hi @@Luke and @@7illusions

Luke...I am confused then as I posted last night the 4 release was not working as expected. The ffmpeg logs show that the content is not being direct played. Call it what you will but that was not the behavior prior to your change and is undesirable.

In "emby speak" all of my content "directs plays" in ember (no stream copy remux or any other crap). So if your stated goal for the change was to enable more apps to direct play it appears to be a step backward.

7 so far your change has restored expected functionality. Thanks!! I will continue to test.

Luke I hope you accurately address this issue. 

-vcpa

Hi @@Luke and @@7illusions

Luke...I am confused then as I posted last night the 4 release was not working as expected. The ffmpeg logs show that the content is not being direct played. Call it what you will but that was not the behavior prior to your change and is undesirable.

In "emby speak" all of my content "directs plays" in ember (no stream copy remux or any other crap). So if your stated goal for the change was to enable more apps to direct play it appears to be a step backward.

7 so far your change has restored expected functionality. Thanks!! I will continue to test.

Luke I hope you accurately address this issue. 

-vcpa

I obviously believe you that ffmpeg was involved, but to the best of my knowledge it is for some other unrelated reason. This affected apps that build their streaming urls client-side. Ebr and I personally verified that it was resolved for EMC earlier today.

FrostByte

Sorry, I'm in the middle of a move and won't be able to use the new version for awhile.  My TV, XB1, etc are all sitting in the moving company's boxes in my house right now.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi

275 has resolved all my "anomolies" with playback. Didn't find any regressions, awesome 7, thanks!! :)

276 introduced one small regression, on the home screen, title and year is missing for movies.(all themes)

The new theme... opinion and personal preference alert :P

I am not sure about the HTPC but I rather like it on the Surface. It is a nice variation!

Some small things. 

-the logo on the Home screen can get washed out. Maybe the icon and text in black or some variation.

-the orange works.. and the animations are cool. ember blue would work if you are not sold on the orange.

-the text on the screensaver is way washed out (the gradient on the background gets to bright at the bottom if that makes any sense)

--I really like the text treatment (size, font etc) on the xbox theme screensaver, that would be my preference.

- I am still thinking but one name suggestion, "White Light"

Thanks!!

-vicpa 

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi

278... fixed regression on home screen for xbox theme. clean and dclean doesn't show titles I guess by design? 

Like dclean as well  :) . The animation must be really hard to get just right. Variations in the art etc are real sensitive to the intensity of the spotlight(?). On the surface the vast majority seem just about right only a few are washed out. 

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi 7,

Was waiting for 279 to come through the store. I had to unistall the app before I could install the alphas etc, which I did manually. Anyway unistalled 278 and went to the store and got 280?  :) 

Anyway I assume that is the latest. Found no regressions in 279 . Using the Xbox theme on the HTPC and DClean on the surface. Will report back.

Thanks!!

-vicpa

BTW the app is working really well with 16275, Had a few issues with prior builds and full screen "Now Playing". That is working great now.  :) . Video and audio playback is top notch. Don't know if  any Xbox folks are on preview releases but the PC side is looking good at least for me, when "Fall Creators Update" (RS3) is released. Will keep you posted. 

• Like 1

7illusions

Thanks.

Only difference between .279 and .280 is the certificate. I had the wrong one in .279 (and few betas prior to that).

I might actually release this to public, really need to sort out the bloody transcoding. :)

Vicpa

Hi,

Seems good on the PC. Frostbyte is the Xbox tester and is held up moving. If there is low risk there may be worthwhile to release. That transcoding thing was a mess...

-vicpa

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

280 is working really well. Two small things maybe not even related to recent changes. :)

1) I noticed there is no default icon for artists missing art work, Used to be. Could have been that way for a while as I have art for almost all. 

2) recent server change or guide data The channel logos on the guide are not consistent, don't know if you adjust for that.

59a834e9be049_Screenshot54_edited.jpg

Thanks

-vicpa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 7,

Two small things with Theme songs.

1) If you are listening to music and browse to a movie with a theme song... the song plays and the theme plays as well? I would think the theme shouldn't play if you are listening to a music track, 

2) I think theme songs are a client setting now, not sure, the isn't an option to turn them off 

Maybe one thing to help mitigate the server/ffmpeg issue with remuxing dts to ac3 that scott310 reported in the forum. The app will transcode dts to ac3 even if there is an ac3 track in the container. I rip my movies with the native format dts,dts-hd,ac3 what ever as the default track and if it is dts/dts-hd and ac3 track. On my devices that can't play dts I still check dts passthrough and just change the audio track in the UI. For the casual user ( and lazy users like me) and option to play the ac3 track if available would be great. 

With the various capabilities of clients I think a lot users rip movies similarly.

Thanks!! Hope you had a good time in Spain!,

-vicpa 

7illusions

Thanks!

Yup, had a blast. Now I'm in Mountain View this week, will head back to Sweden on Thursday. Plan on being jetlaged on Friday and Saturday, but after that I hope to be able to code some on Ember again. :)

• Like 2

7illusions

@@Vicpa If you dare, I've just uploaded a build, fully untested, that might fix both themesong playback when audio is playing and the multiple audiostream issues.

It's e Debug build, so it will be a Little less responsive than normal builds, but if the audiostream issue is resolved I can make a new build for you in release mode. :)

Hi 7,

Always up for a dare :P Besides what the worst can happen, I just roll it back. Neither issue is a showstopper so no worries.

Will let you know in a little while.

-vicpa

Hi,

Pretty darn close for an untested change.  :) . The theme didn't play when music was playing, however it would not play at all after that, kind of like the switch wasn't turned back on. Video's direct played if the was an AC3 track, yeah!!, Still had to manually change to the AC3 track though.

7 These are just nice to have things,  Enjoy the rest of your trip... They can definitely wait until after that.

-Vicpa

7illusions

It's not holiday anymore, Mountain View is just business. So family is at home and I have time to kill. :)

Well then...

The AC3 track in the container is probably the bigger issue. Like I said the change you made allowed the file to direct play, (would need to find a movie with only DTS, to verify that it would still transcode. 

A switch (use AC3) track and then make that the selected track would provide the needed functionality. Or better still use the DTS pass through switch as the determiner. If that is not selected play the AC3 track by default. 

The theme song thing somewhere just needs to be re-enabled .

• 1 month later...

Hi 7,

I have noticed one small regression with 280 and 16299.15. The full screen "setting" seems to be erratic. Sometimes it is remembered and sometimes it opens in the default window. It isn't consistent (I know how you like those things :) ) but it seems the longer the app has been closed the more likely it is to open again in a window vs full screen. I hope that makes some sense.

-vicpa 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @@Luke,@@7illusions

With sever version .36, the album view causes a server crash. :( (I don't use the straight album view often so this could have been introduced earlier.) 

-The page loads but only #,A. 

To reproduce.

-load album view. click on # to collapse the list. See only #,A. expand back to full view.

-The app doesn't crash right away, still uses cached data(?). but I can go to the server and it is no longer running. 

??

I have PM'd the server log to you both. 

Help!! Thanks

-vicpa

@@FrostByte are you seeing the same? 

FrostByte

@@FrostByte are you seeing the same? 

Nope, tried PC and XB1 and neither is crashing the server using those procedures.  I'm running server 3.2.36.7 beta

• Like 1