UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

RC5

Noticed on the XB1 you can't scroll down and select actors on a movie description page.  The app moves the screen so that you can see them, but you can't select anyone.  Also effects the directors, except that you can scroll down past directors and then back up and then you can select a director.

7illusions

RC5

Noticed on the XB1 you can't scroll down and select actors on a movie description page. The app moves the screen so that you can see them, but you can't select anyone. Also effects the directors, except that you can scroll down past directors and then back up and then you can select a director.

Yes, I'm aware of this. :)

It will be fixed in next release.

• Like 2

CBers

The OSD only stays on screen for 3 seconds, but perhaps 5 seconds would be better?

Also, when you bring up the OSD, there's no way of seeing which object is "in-focus", unless you move the cursor about.

There's a few places where there's no object "in-focus", such as the PLAY icon when there is a RESUME point.

CBers

The app is being reported in the dashboard as Ember RT 4.3.233 during playback, but once playback has ended, its Ember RT 4.4.264.

During Playback

2017-07-12%2015.38.22.jpg

After playback has ended

2017-07-12%2015.38.50.jpg

Also, will chapter selection before playback starts be added?

FrostByte

Also, when you bring up the OSD, there's no way of seeing which object is "in-focus", unless you move the cursor about.

I believe I'm seeing the same with the OSD.  If I bring up the OSD it appears that Chapter 1 is selected (has a blue box around it) but you can't navigate to other chapters or down until you first navigate up to the top of then screen first and then come back down.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Vicpa

Hi 

I haven't encountered any "showstoppers" in RC5.  :) Some navigation and content nice to have's, 

-vicpa

CBers

I haven't encountered any "showstoppers" in RC5. :) Some navigation and content nice to have's,

No OSD issues?

Vicpa

No OSD issues?

Sure but I don't classify them as "Showstoppers".   A little more flexibility on the HTPC, I can always grab a mouse if need be.

CBers

@@7illusions I enabled the experimental DirectStream DTS option, but I get no audio, but now I can't turn it off.

No matter what navigation I try, I can't land on that setting.

I'll have to uninstall and reinstall Ember in the hope that the settings aren't saved.

• Like 1

FrostByte

@@7illusions I enabled the experimental DirectStream DTS option, but I get no audio, but now I can't turn it off.

No matter what navigation I try, I can't land on that setting.

I'll have to uninstall and reinstall Ember in the hope that the settings aren't saved.

I got the same on my XB1.  No sound when I turn it on and can't turn it off.  I did find one work around though so that you don't have to uninstall.  If you go down to the bottom of the screen and toggle the LiveTV setting then you can go back up and turn DTS back off.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I believe my issue with no sound and DTS setting on is on my side though.  I'm hooked up XB1 -> TV -> Home theater system.  My TV doesn't passthrough DTS so that would explain the no sound

• Like 1

FrostByte

V266

The issues CBers brought up with not being able to click the DTS option off and the navigation issues with the OSD when playing movies both seem to be fixed for me with the latest version.  Thanks

• Like 3

Vicpa

Hi 7

V266 I have had a freeze, in the full screen now playing view, (genre suffle if that makes a difference.) Playback just stops and the screen is frozen. mouse, remote etc don't do anything.  :(  You have to hit the windows key to bring up the task bar and then close the app from the task bar. HTPC, 16241. Nothing in the log. attached is the only error in the event log. That may be from when I closed the app from the taskbar, don't know

New Text Document.txt

-vicpa

edit played for a while 6-10 songs so it didn't happen right away

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

FrostByte

v267

Actors are now clickable.  The only issue is on the XB1 at least is that you have to scroll up the list the first time before you can scroll down the list.  The first time it throws you down at the bottom where last person in the list

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi,

V267, 1703 and 16241....

Can not turn off the screensaver. Changing the switch to off has no effect.

7illusions

Hi,

V267, 1703 and 16241....

Can not turn off the screensaver. Changing the switch to off has no effect.

Thanks. Most likely that has been there for a while. :)

Will have a look. :)

Vicpa

Thanks. Most likely that has been there for a while. :)

Will have a look. :)

Yea I don't think I have ever tried to turn it off before  :) . Trying to eliminate all background stuff to see if that effects the freeze/crash playing music. At this point I just set the time to 500 minutes.  So I am testing playback on non "Now Playing" views, queued  3 albums and just sitting on the  home screen. Into the third with no problems so far  :) Going to try a shuffle next. This is not ideal, but realize I am running a preview OS so .....

But you know... issue #186 is still hanging out there :P (latest media exclusions) maybe that could work its way up the to do list.

thanks

-vicpa

BTW if you are looking at the settings screen need a space between sync and jobs.

596dfdc5bea93_Screenshot5_edited.jpg

Way to much time on my hands.

FrostByte

v270 on XB1

Fixed screen saver and actors bugs.

Found a new bug.   When you open the hamburger menu and scroll all the way down past Trailers (last item on my menu) it jumps over the screen behind it and leaves the hambuger menu on top.  You can't get back to the menu without scrolling all the way up to the very top and over and then back down.

Steps

1.  From any screen click the hamburger menu on XB1 controller

2. Scroll down past Trailers clicking at least two lines below.  Focus jumps behind the menu

Expected behavior: Scrolling stops at the last item on list, or goes back up to the first item in list sort of in a looping fashion.  Pressing B closes menu

Vicpa

Hi 7

271 (267,270) on PC. When you use the MCE remote and select play on video details. The content starts to play. The OSD play button is highlighted. I can't seem to get the menu's to disappear. I can move around in the OSD just fine. but can't close the menu. with a mouse they normally just fade away in a couple of seconds.

thanks

-vicpa

Hitting the down arrow anywhere on the bottom line would probably work if you need a key press  

FrostByte

I don't think it fixed the hamburger menu on the XB1 as stated on the release notes.  You can still scroll down past the last item on list.  If you scroll down twice it puts focus behind the menu leaving the menu on top.  I'm thinking it should stop at the last item, or circle back to the top when clicking down once at the last item

Vicpa

Hey 7

Just said "Hey cortana start ember"  :)  got sure!! and ember launched,  I know that is an OS thing.. but still very cool..

-Vicpa

-Unless you have been holding out on us in the release notes :P 

Edited by Vicpa