UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

@@FrostByte any issues remaining for XB1? Did you find the Now Playing shortcut in the header?

I know @@Vicpa has a FR, but that one will be for next release I think..

This release is mostly to improve for XB1. Might do some more optimization in the xb1 theme to improve performance a bit.

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi 7

We always like optimizations :) although it is pretty good now. Music genres with lots of content, say 500+ albums takes a while, is really the only thing I notice.

Think you can sneak in a keyboard mapping for "Now Playing" ? I like the header link(good choice for the icon :) ) I may want to map something to my remote. Maybe "Alt+1 only reason for that choice is a standard choice for MCE remotes and I don't think it is used for anything else. Maybe someone else has a different suggestion.

The above is just a nice to have..

Thanks,

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

@@FrostByte any issues remaining for XB1? Did you find the Now Playing shortcut in the header?

Sorry, yes I did see the music note up at the top.  Works great, thanks

7illusions

Hmm.. Thanks. I'll a look.

Any other things for XB1 that should be improved?

I do feel that it has gotten a hundred times better with latest release, but there are still things that needs attending.

FrostByte

Hmm.. Thanks. I'll a look.

Any other things for XB1 that should be improved?

I do feel that it has gotten a hundred times better with latest release, but there are still things that needs attending.

Some media info on the movie details page would be nice (DTS, AC3, 1080P, etc) :)  I kind of prefer the icons, but text is fine

I'll try and concentrate on navigation and report back.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Navigation is a lot better.  I did notice one thing on Now Playing screen for music.  With the Pause/Play and Shuffle icons it keeps jumping to the very top of the screen after clicking.  The others don't seem to do that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
FrostByte

Was Version 4.4.242.0 released to the XB store?  I can't find it to test that bug.  Got the zip though

7illusions

It's submitted to store, but it will take a little longer before passing certification.

• Like 1

Vicpa

It's submitted to store, but it will take a little longer before passing certification.

I just got it through the store  :) on the PC

• Like 1

FrostByte

BUG:  Settings crashes app on XB1

Steps

1. Settings

2. Playback Settings

3. App will be on Subtitle settings, scroll over to Video Settings and app crashes

Vicpa

Hi 7 !!

I went through the below

Minor fix for detailsview for XB1 -Not Sure @FrostByte is Xbox Man :) 

Fix broken Favorites in Movies   -  Fixed

Remove option to enable/disable HEVC - Can't test

Improved StreamingProfile generation. (Automatically detect support for h265)  - Need to find some h265 content.

Added DirectStreaming support for mpeg, mpg, and mp2.  - Very Cool !! mpg is the default container for HDHomerun DVR recordings so that use case is covered as well. 

​(I had to delete my existing streaming profile for it to create the new one )

I can confirm on the PC side the same regression as Frostbyte noted Clicking on the video setting crashes to desktop.

The current app is working great with the Creators update (and for what it is worth the Preview of the Fall Update) :) 

While you are looking at playback things, Maybe we can give direct play of TrueHD another try? The Creators Update has all the Atmos stuff, like to think TrueHD should stream, but who knows?

Something that has been around for a long time, not really a bug, but FR. Is it possible to do something with selection of preferred audio track? With recorded TV,  Mp4, h264,AC3. HDHomerun also sometimes gives me a descriptive audio track, mono and ember seems always to default to that one. Not a big deal as I just change it but a definite nice to have.

see below

593bf42b30d5f_tvSound.png

This is the Media info for the file..

593bf4f9455a6_mediainfo.png

Thanks 7!!! :) 

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

On the XB1 when first starting the app nothing is initially focused on (highlighted).  In order to get to the Latest movies you need to arrow down twice to get into Next Up section and then arrow back up once to Latest Movies

Recommend placing initial focus on the first movie in Latest movies when starting app, then user can scroll from there

Movie playback on XB1 seems to have gotten smoother, less choppy.  My XB1 settings are set to bitstream Dolby Digital and app Direct Streams AC3 and transcodes DTS to AC3

FrostByte

Actually, it looks like the initial focus is around the entire Latest movies section.  However, you can't navigate within that to actually select anything with the controller so you have to arrow down twice to Next Up and then back up to select a movie.  Again, suggest making the first movie the initial focus

FrostByte

Bug:  Can't see highlighted item when scrolling up in a playlist after scrolling down

Device tested on XB1

Steps:

1.  Open a Playlist with a lot of items

2.  Scroll down the list of items in the playlist and the icon in the upper left begins to shrink, keep scrolling until the icons are at their smallest

3. Now scroll up.  The highlighted item is hidden and can't be seen until you reach the very top of the playlist

FrostByte

BUG:  Settings crashes app on XB1

Steps

1. Settings

2. Playback Settings

3. App will be on Subtitle settings, scroll over to Video Settings and app crashes

This is fixed in 243, thanks

FrostByte

v4.4.248.14

1.  Can't turn off Screen Saver under Personalization Settings on XB1.  Arrowing down using controller skips to the time setting

2. Stopping music playlist doesn't close the playbar at bottom.  While playing a playlist hit stop, then B to backup and navigate movies the music playbar is still at the bottom until you play a movie

Vicpa

Hi 7

Like the new look.

The album detail view is not refreshing

First time click on album. 

Art and track list fine.

Go to different album

Click Art is correct click play get correct album.

Track list and Header display previous album info.

Go to Now Playing and everything is as it should be.

Vicpa

Hi 7

I haven't seen any event log errors for the last two days.  :) 

• Like 1

FrostByte

v4.4.248.14

1.  Can't turn off Screen Saver under Personalization Settings on XB1.  Arrowing down using controller skips to the time setting

2. Stopping music playlist doesn't close the playbar at bottom.  While playing a playlist hit stop, then B to backup and navigate movies the music playbar is still at the bottom until you play a movie

These two seem to be fixed in .249, thanks

I did see a new one that I don't recall seeing before on the XB1.

If you click on Skip forward while playing an album or playlist the focus moves to Shuffle, and if you click Skip back or Pause the focus jumps to the top of the screen.  I think the focus should remain on the button you just clicked.  For instance when you click Pause the Pause turns into a Play and that's where it should remain focused so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom again to restart playing.  Likewise the skip forward a track should remain on Skip forward so you can keep clicking until you get to the song you want.

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi 7 and Frostbyte,

249 a couple of small things and one really big one  :P 

-Hard to describe but sometimes when I click play on the album view, the whole screen refreshes (flickers?) seems to happen after I have watched a video like it is refreshing/clearing the player but the whole screen refreshes? Hope that makes some sense..

- Can you add the genre to the album detail view? Maybe on same line as tracks and time?

- I added an album and it has a really big edge case in the length of the title.  :D "Throw Down Your Heart, Tales From the Acoustic Planet, Volume 3: Africa Sessions"

The resize on the album view is really cool and mostly so subtle that you don't notice it, it just looks right..

Don't know if you can or is worth it but can you set a maximum and wrap the title to two lines? The one above squishes the track listing so much it is unreadable.

@@FrostByte have you seen similar with some albums? They would have to have really long titles.. 

For what it is worth... I liked the icon to jump to artist view, rather than having it in "more". But that is just me...

Thanks 7 

-vicpa

• Like 1

7illusions

Just a little FYI, the reason that there hasn't been a new build lately is because I'm trying to find a better UX for Xb1 (and eventually a better 10ft experience no matter if it's a htpc).

A few more days and I will have something worth trying out.

• Like 4

FrostByte

@@FrostByte have you seen similar with some albums? They would have to have really long titles.. 

-vicpa

The longest ones I could find were "You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish" or Sgt Peppers so probably not a good test.  Rumor has it a new UI is coming :)