UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

Really? That's strange. It showed up in store for me, and it works fine.

Wonder why you don't see it, are you logged in with the same account on your xb1 as you used to be?

FrostByte

Yes, just got the one account.  I'll try it again here in a minute.  I always got the beta releases before from the store which is strange.  Maybe I will try to uninstall it first.

FrostByte

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and now I'm back at version 201.  I know I was higher than that before, so not really sure what is up.  Looks like I'm not seeing the betas any more though.

7illusions

Everything looks ok. That's really strange.

Wonder what's causing it.. are you on the preview program?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

FrostByte

Everything looks ok. That's really strange.

Wonder what's causing it.. are you on the preview program?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

No, I'm on regular XB1 OS version 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre.  Weird thing is that I was getting the betas when I found the problem with the menus, now I can't get them anymore and just seeing the release version 201.   I'll keep trying

FrostByte

2. The album art in Now Playing disappears after the first song and text (song title and artist name) moves left into the position the album art was

This looks like it's been fixed in 219

• Like 1

Hi

Album Art is working nicely on the full screen now playing view as well :) .

7 I can confirm the bitbucket issue 194 added today. Sorry sync is not usually part of my general use so I missed it in my coverage. :( For me when I click the sync in the more button the dialogue shows up empty for a few seconds then the app crashes to the desktop.

-vicpa 

Hi

I have found no showstoppers in 220 :) Ran a sync job and tested my usual stuff, will continue to check but looking good so far!!!

Thanks 7

-vicpa

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
FrostByte

V223

This was all from testing on the XB1

Just some initial obervations, I'm still looking :)

1. Can't navigate to multiple items within Photos and Playlists when using the side hamburger menu

For intance if you go to the main menu and click Playlists it will be sitting on the first item, but then when you lcik the navigate right button it brings you to the top menus and you can't get back down.  You can see all the playlists, you just can't navigate to them.  Same thing with Photos when you have multiple folders within folders you can't get to the additional folders.  For instance I have Photos\Year\Event  folders and I may have multiple events in a year with photos, but once you get to the year you can't navigate to the other events.

2. Enter to save setting doesn't work for saving screensaver time.  Once you navigate to the time box within settings and hit enter a keypad pops up and once you enter the time you want you either navigate to the Enter in the bottom right or click the hamburger menu and neither works.  The only way to get out is to hit the B button to go back.

3. Suggest adding a Now Playing button at the top of albums or playlists.  Can't navigate to the bottom to bring up Now Playing on a long playlist without scrolling through the whole list.  I several playlists which are 200+ songs and one that is 2200+ songs and can't realistically scroll all the way to the bottom to bring up NP.  An option at the top would be nice

4. Transcoded video is unplayable.  Stops every 14 seconds to buffer more.  The big issue seems to be with DTS files because AC3 plays just fine all the way through.  The app should convert DTS to AC3 then remux and direct stream afterward just like the file had AC3 in the first place.

5.  My 2200+ playlist crashed the app twice before it would bring up the song titles.

6.  On the Home screen I have a mixture of backdrops and posters in some areas (i.e. TV shows).  It looks like if the app doesn't see a poster file it shows backdrops.  However, the old Emby way was to use folder files so I have some folder.jpg files also instead of the newer poster files.  Suggest only showing backdrops if there are no poster OR folder jpeg available.  Or I could just refresh my images I guess. 

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi All,

223-224 I better get on the ball here. :) 
Will have some stuff this afternoon. Quick hit....Navigation in 223 with mce remote - win 10 seemed better than @@FrostByte experience on the xbox . Will delve into more.

Thanks

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

224.... With the remote can not navigate in the hamburger. I have also had a few crashes while trying to.. At least with the remote 223 seemed better?

I like the mosaic for movies. The carousel looks really nice but was problematic with the remote. Glad you kept it for smaller form factors. I liked the movie title and year on the tiles, hope that comes back :)

The collapsible lists are a great improvement ! Having the letter and the content in the scroll nice.

I am still checking.

Thanks

-vicpa

Do you get the crash reports?  I looked at the logs but they just end at the crash point.

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi 7

In 225 the hamburger is working much better with the remote!! I haven't found any regressions , well maybe one but I am having a senior moment and can't remember :P 

Some feedback/ tweaks. On the movie mosaic I can't arrow down to the next content row. The arrow down will move the screen but won't leave the tiles. See pic. You are stuck at the last tile. As you can also see, not all backgrounds have the title name. I liked the text with the year in 223(?)

58cd4ae7bc857_Screenshot44.png

No pic, but if you keep arrowing down in the hamburger it will jump you over to the mosaic and leave the menu open. The arrow down should be disabled on the last option.

My memory lapse.... The flyout on album details is narrow (like for the phone) on the big screen can it be wider?

58cd4d2b9054a_Screenshot45.png

Looks nice the way it is :) , so not a big deal

A carry over from 220 and not a big deal. The Movie box sometimes is empty. On the detail screen. Mostly happens when you exit out of the playback screen.

58cd4df006993_Screenshot42.png

It is sporadic (I know how you like those things, lol) Sometimes it works.

58cd4e5564e47_Screenshot43.png

Seems to be a nice balance between the flat lists (is that what they are called?) and the collapsible lists, although they seem to be working much better as mentioned.

One caveat I have the Ctrl-A (Home) mapped on my remote and use that all the time. With that said I like the navigation changes.!!

Thanks 7 for your hard work!!

-vicpa

edit: With the changes you are making can you revisit issue 186? It would be great if it could make it into the next release.  

FrostByte

I still can't navigate in Playlists and Photo albums with multiple albums under a year on the XB1.  Also, still can't get to NP on long lists (without scrolling 2000+ songs)

Also, can the font sizes be increased in movie details?  They are okay on my wife's SP4, but on the big screen I can't read them from 12' away

7illusions

I still can't navigate in Playlists and Photo albums with multiple albums under a year on the XB1.  Also, still can't get to NP on long lists (without scrolling 2000+ songs)

Also, can the font sizes be increased in movie details?  They are okay on my wife's SP4, but on the big screen I can't read them from 12' away

on the 12' experience, can you try the XB1 theme and the Beta Theme and let me know which is better than the other?

Also, is it a HTPC or XB1?

Thanks

FrostByte

This is on the XB1 using the XB1 theme.  I've tried the beta theme also, but the fonts don't seem to be any bigger. 

It's mainly the text between the title and the ratings stars (year, tagline, etc) which I can't read, but I wouldn't mind seeing larger text in all areas for viewing far away

FrostByte

The larger fonts in 231 are much better, thanks.  Still can't navigate in several screens (playlists, photos with sub folders, Home Videos, Collections, etc ) when navigating from the menu so not sure if you've had a chance to look at that.  This is only seen on the XB1, not an issue on PC or SP4

Steps

Click the hamburger menu

Scroll down to Collections

First Collection should be highlighted

Press Right

XB1 jumps down to second row of Collections if you have a second row.  If there is no second row then it jumps up to the top settings area and you can't get back down.  Basically, you can't navigate left or right on the first row of several screens.  You can navigate left and right on any row after the first.  It seems any screen that doesn't have a top menu of it's own has this issue. 

• Like 1

7illusions

How come I've missed this?? I've always gone down first, never right. :(

This is the strangest issue I've come across, feels like a problem with the xb1 framework..

I'll see if I can work around it somehow. Thanks for the Step By Step instructions. :)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi

232 is looking pretty good!! Two small things.

Can the playlists choices sort by name?

58d41aca42363_Screenshot100.png

2. Some where along the way. Actor pictures aren't showing on the detail screen.

58d41b157c12e_Screenshot101.png

Thanks!!

vicpa

FrostByte

How come I've missed this?? I've always gone down first, never right. :(

This is the strangest issue I've come across, feels like a problem with the xb1 framework..

I'll see if I can work around it somehow. Thanks for the Step By Step instructions. :)

Fixed now in 232, thanks

FrostByte

FR:  Can there be a way added to flip through photos within an album?  Either a slide show or a manual click of the right/left buttons?  Right now after you click on a photo to view then you have to back out back to the folder and click the next photo to view and keep repeating that.  Thanks

7illusions

FR: Can there be a way added to flip through photos within an album? Either a slide show or a manual click of the right/left buttons? Right now after you click on a photo to view then you have to back out back to the folder and click the next photo to view and keep repeating that. Thanks

It's already supposed to work, it's a FlipView. Apparently I've broken that, I'll fix it asap.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I do get a white box in the upper right corner of photos when clicking the right button.  That's about it.