UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

Hi 7

Missing art in a few more places, Artists is fixed.

Playlists.

588608d76c2a4_Screenshot96.png

Album art from view album flyout on queue view (same as) artist.

58860a65c5973_Screenshot97.png

Random Crashes seem a little more frequent, changing themes will trigger a series of them and it almost seems like the first time you go to some views it will crash, reopen the app and then you are good to go, Will look for some consistent pattern but haven't found one yet. The logs don't seem to capture a error they just end. Let me know if you need them.

Yea, the random crash is a concern. Problem is, it only occurs when the debugger isn't attached. And like you pointed out, no logs or anything, which is incredibly frustrating.

Can you stay of the Beta theme for a while, just to see if that has anything to do with it?

Thanks

Hi

"Yea, the random crash is a concern. Problem is, it only occurs when the debugger isn't attached. And like you pointed out, no logs or anything, which is incredibly frustrating.
Can you stay of the Beta theme for a while, just to see if that has anything to do with it?
Thanks          "

Been on beta theme all afternoon and will continue there. Have had a few crashes. None repeatable. Still from a user perspective seems like a first time through thing. Initial cache of the view or images, I have no clue. Good news is that so far if it crashes once it doesn't again and playback has been rock solid no crashes related to that.

Will continue to check.

7illusions

Think I found the problem. It was a problem in how I used the Composition API to do realtime blur.

Good thing is, when I fixed this I think performance increased in navigation.. but maybe that's just a feeling. :)

Anyhow, please install latest alpha and go back to the Beta theme.

• Like 1

Hi 7

207 is much better :) . Only one place with a crash and is generally repeatable. So maybe just needs your change there.

The TV View,  Navigating around in that view still seems prone to the crashes

This is one example, but there are a couple 

Steps

Select TV, Latest, Click on series,

Thanks!

7illusions

Hi 7

207 is much better :) . Only one place with a crash and is generally repeatable. So maybe just needs your change there.

The TV View, Navigating around in that view still seems prone to the crashes

This is one example, but there are a couple

Steps

Select TV, Latest, Click on series,

Thanks!

Does this occur in .208, or is it finally resolved?

hI 7

I have a couple UI things in 208-209. Will hold off on a few music things as I know you are putting things there.

Theses are minor things.

1)The full screen setting is not saved between sessions. I always run the app full screen if I close and reopen it will comeback maximized but not full screen.

2)The video playback screen shows both the video logo (If there one) and a text label in the header (Top left)

3)On the beta theme the highlight is washed out to much on my machines. It may just be the brightness settings I use etc. Put thought I would show you.

588a760a505dd_Screenshot94.png

No crashes yea!! Can't guarantee I have made complete coverage, been busy listening to genres :)  

FrostByte

BUG: Items in "More" menu within genres not selectable.  After clicking on More pressing down arrow only scrolls the items behind the menu

Version 210

System: XB1 only, works fine on PC

Steps:

1. Navigate to Music then Genres

2. Select a Genre

3. Click More

4. Menu pops up, but background still has focus

5. Scrolling just navigates the items behind the menu that popped up

6.  Click the 'B' button to exit menu

• Like 1

Hi All

Still working on testing 214. The scroll lock on the now playing and album view seems to be working nicely :) 

@ is the plan not to have the playbar visible when viewing the queue ? Want to make sure I am looking for the right things.

One thing so far the select/multi-select on the album view seems not to be hooked up.

-vicpa

BTW good news/bad news so far for me. It looks like MS is adding TrueHD support for the "Creators" release on the PC side. The 15000 series of builds for me anyway have been lousy for playback in general and I am sticking on 14986 so far on the HTPC. Hopefully they get it sorted.

FrostByte

BUG: Items in "More" menu within genres not selectable.  After clicking on More pressing down arrow only scrolls the items behind the menu

Actually, the problem with the "More" menu is throughout the app.  Never noticed it before so it must be new.

7illusions

Actually, the problem with the "More" menu is throughout the app. Never noticed it before so it must be new.

Is it still occurring on .214?

7illusions

Hi All

Still working on testing 214. The scroll lock on the now playing and album view seems to be working nicely :)

@ is the plan not to have the playbar visible when viewing the queue ? Want to make sure I am looking for the right things.

One thing so far the select/multi-select on the album view seems not to be hooked up.

I'm still thinking on how to handle the progressbar.

Multi select.. I'm considering removing it all together. Is it really useful now?

I'm still thinking on how to handle the progressbar.

Multi select.. I'm considering removing it all together. Is it really useful now?

1) No worries, thought so :) 

2) Multi select. I am not sure. I guess the use case is ... Three tracks that I want to play or add to the queue or add to a playlist. I would have to do them individually.  If the "+" became a choice to add to queue or add to playlist that might be pretty cool... @@FrostByte you are more of a playlist guru what are your thoughts.

• Like 1

Another thought.

Having a remove option on tracks in the queue would diminish the need for multi select elsewhere. The use case becomes add a whole album then remove the track(s) that you don't want.  

7illusions

1) No worries, thought so :)

2) Multi select. I am not sure. I guess the use case is ... Three tracks that I want to play or add to the queue or add to a playlist. I would have to do them individually. If the "+" became a choice to add to queue or add to playlist that might be pretty cool... @@FrostByte you are more of a playlist guru what are your thoughts.

You just press the 3dots or right-click and select "Add to Queue". :)

• Like 1

Hi

Yup, It makes no difference if you just want to add tracks to the queue. :)  (same number of clicks!!) Was thinking the value was could be in adding multiples to a playlist.

I am still kinda "old school" :P and tend to mostly listen to albums or playlists that are several complete albums. I am using the shuffle on genre probably like some people use playlists, to get a nice mix of my music. Way to much music content and way to lazy to go through it and pick individual tracks. Is why I keep bugging you about remove and "dislike", the lazy man way to create a playlist is to start with a genre shuffle and remove stuff , lol....

-vicpa

Hi 7

A few 214 things while you sort the "More" button on the xBox.

Those pesky missing art things are back in a couple of places, but will wait as you finalize the Now Playing view.

Some visual things elsewhere.

The bottom border on the header(?) is nice. The one thing Ihave noticed since its addition is on the entrance to live tv. When you select a program from the guide you go to the detail page. When you click play there is a couple second delay because of the server probe (not an app issue) before there was the thing at the top "horizontal busy indicator" :P (wish I knew the correct term alternative for the spinner) anyway having a visual indicator that the app was working on it was a good thing. Most things happen right away in the app!! but when not, having that indicator is helpful. The spinner can get lost in the background, which is why I liked the "thing" or something like it.

Having "visual clues" for lack of a better term, might help in a couple of other places. I am thinking tied to the shuffle button/instant mix, large libraries seem to impact the creation time. Which is quite acceptable, maybe just needs something like the MS "Working on it.."

-vicpa

• Like 1

Hi 7

Another little thing.. may have been there for a while just noticed it, so not sure if 214 thing.

The alpha picker in the genre views is not displaying the first line #-E, have content in those letters. See pic.

589333daeba31_Screenshot99.png

Thanks

-vicpa

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

I didn't see 216 in the XB store to test the fix for the menus, will check again when I get back from my run.  I do have 216 on pc and running fine so far.

FrostByte

1.  App no longer remembers screen position.  I normally run maximized and it always starts full screen now.  First noticed with 214 I believe

2. The album art in Now Playing disappears after the first song and text (song title and artist name) moves left into the position the album art was

Hi

So far 216 hasn't introduced any new regressions and like 214 functionaly solid. Hope the more button thing is sorted on the xbox. :) 

As Frostbyte mentioned Album Art is flaky on the Now Playing screens both the queue and full screen.  Just curious is there a limit on the number of tracks in a shuffle or instant mix? It seems fine to me but I bet someone will ask.

Thanks 7, know you are swamped with work. What are you making a Volvo do now? :P 

-vicpa