UWP Testers

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi Frostbyte

That never seems to be accurate for me either. flac and mp3  show as transcoding. Personally I have always thought that info with realtime update is a lot of unnecessary overhead. It is nice to know that someone is playing something especially my remote users. There has been a feature request for ever to be able send a notification about maintenance or what ever and without that I haven't found much benefit to that info.

• Like 1

7illusions

@@Luke since at least some of us tend to change from 1 to 3+, maybe this could be a initial setup thing? "Do you want faster media import (default) or slower but more metadata (more vibrant apps) or something similar..

@@Luke since at least some of us tend to change from 1 to 3+, maybe this could be a initial setup thing? "Do you want faster media import (default) or slower but more metadata (more vibrant apps) or something similar..

Actually i think the best answer is storing image urls and not downloading until needed. Then we can take them all. But then, another kind of crowd comes out and complains about that.

Vicpa

Hi All

Need a tweak to album display, Multiple artists in particular. The app is truncating multiple artists.

Base case.

The web

57924d206db4e_bb.png

The app

57924d4fa487f_Screenshot31.png

Extreme case

The web

57924de8852ac_stolt.png

The app

57924e11c636a_Screenshot29.png

The album shows up under each artist in the app which is correct. Pressing the artist button on the screen takes you to

57924eae7585c_Screenshot30.png

The artist button defaulting to the first one is fine with me if the album detail shows both. Like I said the extreme case. Can be changed by altering the tags, which is also an option. but the above is the result from default picard behavior.

Thanks,

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi All

I sure by now 7 would like to kill me :).​ But today I am just full of ideas. What do you think about this.....? I am aware of the target date so maybe feature request.

Having the playbar always visible when music is on I am not liking on the PC or my big screen.. gotta have a stop button as mentioned before. Would like to see it go away and function the way the remote control screen is shaping up, but I figure it works in the mobile. Swipe up or down to make it visible etc ?  So maybe a short term thing would be.....

Click on play and it just starts playing (like the current app), playbar is invisible or hidden. When it is hidden show a little icon next to the remote button, that when clicked brings up the now playing screen, directly like it is. Have a back arrow/return that takes you back to last screen or home and hides the now playing screen and playbar again. (now that I write and check this sounds like the current app, but fitting into the new UI better. )

I know it is so much easier to say something when 7 has to do all the work :)

Ok I will be quiet now, but knowing me it will be only a while...lol

Thanks

-vicpa

FrostByte

BUG: Version .72

Crashed again today while playing music while app was minimized to the taskbar.  I'm pretty sure I have it figured out as I can reproduce this every time. 

Start music playlist

Maximize the Now Playing list by clicking the left bottom corner

Minimize the app to the taskbar

App crashes the next time the track changes

The key is to maximize the NP list before minimizing the app to the taskbar

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

7illusions

Thanks @@FrostByte, will fix tonight. :)

@@Vicpa, no words. :P

Kidding aside, I'll treat it as a feature request, and will be for a future release.

Maybe I need to come up with some milestone names, one will be "Shut Vicpa up" (It will be HUGE) :D

• Like 1

Vicpa

No worries, am patient sort. :P

But the list will keep growing, LOL

-vicpa

FrostByte

Cool, that can be the codename for the next release update, sort of like "Redstone" is the codename for Windows 10 Anniversary :)

Vicpa

Hi

Trying to be quiet :P

Shuffle and stop added to NowPlaying,                                 Yea!! works,
Duplicate players visibility should be sorted.                         Seems to be. Haven't had any
Close and open menu via gamepad menu-button                 Unable to test
Workaround for annoying crashbug in ImageLoader lib         Take your word for it.
UI Tweaks for RemoteControl
PlayTo from WebClient to App is now functioning

(or App to app if you got a tablet/phone and xb1/htpc etc)     Played from app to existing app

Bug. Had one black screen no crash, not sure what I did exactly so trying to reproduce.

Shuffle wasn't quite what I expected, visually. expected the list to re-order. But the random play was actually nice and accomplishes my use case. The shuffle should default back to off on stop, didn't seem to.

-vicpa

FrostByte

Is there any way to move the Stop button to the bottom near the pause in Now Playing?  Clicking Stop requires you to scroll all the way to the top which can be a long ways considering I have 2000+ songs in one playlist.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Is there any way to move the Stop button to the bottom near the pause in Now Playing?  Clicking Stop requires you to scroll all the way to the top which can be a long ways considering I have 2000+ songs in one playlist.

I would put the shuffle Button there also if possible.

7illusions

I plan on redesigning the Always On Top audio player control to have it there, I just haven't figured out how yet.. Maybe just hide it for phone layout.

FrostByte

But the crashes are all gone now, right?

Oh ya, thanks.  I haven't been able to make it crash yet.  Very good job Sir

• Like 2

FrostByte

BUG: While playing playlist currently playing song isn't always moved to bottom of screen when shuffle is on (minor issue)

It looks like the screen will only jump if the next song to play is below the song that just got done playing in the overall playlist.  If the next song is before the song that just played it will be highlighted, but the screen won't adjust to place it at the bottom.

It also helps to have a veeeery large playlist like mine to see that this is happening.

VERSION: .73

STEPS:

Stat playlist

Maximize Now Playing

Turn shuffle on

Either let it play log enough or if you want to force the issue faster then Skip forward a few songs, currently playing song is highlighted and usually placed at the bottom of the screen when next song starts.  If you skip enough eventually a song further up the playlist will play and get highlighted, but it won't be placed at the bottom.  You can also skip backward to try and force this.

Edit: I see what it is doing now.  If the song comes before the last song the screen is adjusted, but it is placed at the very top of the screen and it's behind the now playing bar so you can't see it.  If it could be moved down one line then that would work also

57961d6fe8c2d_Nowplaying3.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

BUG: Preference icon covers up the up arrow so you can't adjust one 1 line up (minor issue)

VERSION .73

In circled part of pic I'm trying to click the up arrow on the bar to adjust the screen up one line and see the currently playing song which is hidden by the Now Playing bar at the top.  But when you try and click the arrow the box around the preferences icon is so big it covers the arrow and you can't click the arrow and are instead brought to the preferences screen. 

Suggest moving the Preferences and Select Player icons over so you can click the arrow at the top

5796215f266b8_Nowplaying4.jpg

Vicpa

Hi,

Transcoding issue Bug ?

the default streaming profile has a straight .ts option. h264,acc. This works for tv (most of the time) but is also used for movies which doesn't. I deleted it movies seem much better with HLS, Will test some TV, but in general that seems hit or miss if it is transcoding regardless of client, containers etc.

-vicpa

Vicpa

Bug

adding to the now playing queue updates the ui, but the content is not played.

steps

1) play a song

2) click on now playing

3) navigate back to add an album via +

4) click on now playing

The ui reflects the playing song and the album added. The playback stops after first song.

-vicpa

edit: Almost forgot, no crashes!!!! :) playback has been great.  

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

How's .75 holding up, is there any blockers in there for a release?

Vicpa

Hi

No major show stoppers so far :) . Haven't tested sync yet. playback from the offline screen was flaky don't know if it made the cut.

Vicpa

If there is time, on the album detail screen I would make artist name bigger under the album title. Right now the point size looks to be the same as on the track (which is fine), maybe split the difference between the point size of the album name and track name.

Having the release year in the point size of the track info to the right of the album name would finish that screen off nicely :)

The now playing stuff in the post above (#270) seems to be working 

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

MCE remote as known is still flakey .

The one really bad thing though pause when playing. stops the video and closes the playback screen and takes you back to the details page.

Vicpa

Hey 7

All in all nothing that can't and shouldn't wait until your vacation is over. :) 

-vicpa

• Like 1