UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

@@SikSlayer latest build, .64, together with latest OS build, .14388, seems promising. I was able to install the app on my phone. :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Can the screen saver be made to show track information (artist / title) in the marquee and backgrounds from fanart in the currently playing songs folder when playing music?  The old app was able to do this nicely.  Currently it looks like it randomly picks backgrounds from movies and album artists.

Edit: or maybe random family photos with artist / song title marquees.  That would be really cool 

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Vicpa

Can the screen saver be made to show track information (artist / title) and backgrounds from fanart in the currently playing songs folder when playing music?  The old app was able to do this nicely.  Currently it looks like it randomly picks backgrounds from movies and album artists.

I am sure we will see the music screensaver. Having the generic one working well seems like the first step :). I have noticed a few playback things switching between movies and music, etc. Has anyone else?​

• Like 1

FrostByte

I have noticed a few playback things switching between movies and music, etc. Has anyone else?​

I'm seeing two now playing bars

Edit: maybe there needs to be a stop button when playing music which makes the now playing area go away. 

5787fd062070b_movie.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

I played music first then a movie.  The top bar was functioning correctly for the movie, but the bottom bar from when I was playing music before won't go away now.

7illusions

Thanks. I'll get on with that tomorrow.

The audio screensaver iams coming also, but it might not make to day 1 release.

What else needs fixing?

I know MCE support is wanted, and play to currently fails.

But what else? What is needed before we can have a feature freeze and start squashing remaining bugs?

FrostByte

Images for Latest TV page look stretched.  Plus might want to add some text or something else so the user knows what they're looking at.  Also, not sure why there are so many pics.  It looks like there are multiple pics from the same show/episode being displayed

578805fe5c03d_LatestTV.jpg

FrostByte

Other bugs needing fixing.

1.  Collections from top of movies screen displays nothing.  Collections only work from side menu.

2. Trailers displays  an in progress message.  Should either implement, or hide until done maybe before releasing.

FrostByte

Q:  Is there a way currently to make photos operate in slide show mode?  Some kind of play button or something I'm missing.  I can make them manually flip forward or backward but not seeing a way to make them auto change.  Or maybe that's something that can be implemented later

FrostByte

Bug: 

Collections always show a total time of 0 minutes

Also, there is a gray area at the very bottom of the page.  That may be reserved for Now Playing, not sure.  Not a big deal

57880e054b84f_Collections2.jpg

• Like 1

FrostByte

BUG: Progress bar disappears if you click a song in Now Playing.  Then there is no way to stop music playing other than killing app

Steps:

Start playing a music playlist (I normally use shuffle)

Click the song title in lower left corner to bring up Now Playing

Click a song further down the list to skip to that point in playlist (highlighted Billy Joel song in pic)

New highlighted song starts playing and playlist keeps playing from the point you skipped to, but the progress bar/control buttons disappear (arrow in pic)

5788f2ea88805_Now.jpg

• Like 1

FrostByte

BUG: Favorites Don't Refresh until you close app and restart or click the hamburger menu and then "Home" first . 

Tested with both movies and episodes with the same result. 

Details: If you start with nothing in your your favorites and add a series/movie, etc then go to favorites it will show the new item.  No problem.  However, if you go back into that movie or series and then unmark it as a favorite then it stays in favorites until you restart the app or click "Home" first before going to favorites.  Also, if there are already items in favorites and you add another item then the new favorite doesn't show up until you restart the app or click "Home" first.

Edit: I assume clicking "Home" icon does some kind of refresh that the other items on the menu do not.  This may effect other changes in the app also then if displays need refreshing from changes

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi All

I am still having issues with playback controls, as noted above. I know you are working on it, still an issue in 65. Maybe it is a mouse, keyboard thing.

Just an fyi, I noticed on my HTPC. with my screen set to 1920 x 1080 and I guess the key 150%. I wasn't getting the wide/big screen goodness. Things look much better( I changed to 125%). :) . Proportions look better, getting the two columns on the movie detail screen (which looks great by the way!!)​

FrostByte

Bug: Progress bar stops working when skipping in music v.65

When playing music if you click on the progress bar to skip forward in the current track the progress bar stops working altogether and the song keeps playing where it was at (doesn't skip forward).  The time stops and the circle no longer moves.  Won't even restart once the next song starts.

Start playing music

Click anywhere to the right of the green progress line / circle.

Progress bar seems to work when playing video.  Though it is very slow and always starts transcoding the video when skipping forward even if it didn't transcode before

FrostByte

Bug: The album pic, song title, and artist don't refresh when tracks changes in Now Playing. v.65

Play an album or playlist

Click bottom left to bring up Now Playing

When track changes the information at top doesn't

Only way to make it refresh is to click "Home" on the left menu and then reopen Now Playing

Sort of related to the other refresh with favorites that the information only changes from Home

It's crashed on me once or twice this morning, but hopefully you got the dumps.  The last time it was while minimized to the taskbar

BTW: I really like the visual changes to NP. 

FrostByte

BUG: When playing music the first track in Now Playing list isn't highlighted while playing.  (Minor issue)

VERSION: .67

STEPS:

Navigate to Playlists

Click Shuffle

Maximize the Now Playing list

First song isn't highlighted.  Subsequent tracks are all highlighted though when they start playing, so it's just the first track

• Like 1

7illusions

BUG: When playing music the first track in Now Playing list isn't highlighted while playing. (Minor issue)

VERSION: .67

STEPS:

Navigate to Playlists

Click Shuffle

Maximize the Now Playing list

First song isn't highlighted. Subsequent tracks are all highlighted though when they start playing, so it's just the first track

Love it when we get to these kind of bugs, means that the major ones should be all gone. :)

Keep em coming.

Edited by 7illusions

FrostByte

Well

Love it when we get to these kind of bugs, means that the major ones should be all gone. :)
Keep em coming.

"Collections" not working in the movies page might be something more people notice once it releases :) 

578b60cf6d5bb_collections3.jpg

7illusions

The strange thing is, I got the opposite problem. Working in Movies but not main menu. :(

But it's on my todo list.

FrostByte

Here's a good one for you:

ISSUE: Items disappear if you click the same media type from the hamburger menu that you're already in

VERSION .67

STEPS:

Start app

Click "Movies" from the menu

Click any column from Movies other than Collections as that is broke too

Click "Movies" from the menu again

All the posters disappear (You can click another heading and come back to your original heading to make them refresh though)

This happens in Movies, TV, and Music that I can see.  Playlists, Collections, and Photos refresh correctly.

Vicpa

Bug

Resume starts from the beginning.

Try to resume video, play button show play or resume. select resume. video starts from the beginning.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

maybe a FR, I am not a huge fan of the music play bar always visible on the screen. Maybe in the future it can be incorporated into the NP screen. But for now.

1) Can we make it go away. It seems like there are only pause and play choices. It will stay visible in paused state until other content is launched. Maybe a stop button, that clears the queue and closes the playbar?

2) Can a suffle button be added to the playbar. Use case add album A and Add album B. Go to NP and click suffle.

The album view and NP view are really coming together nicely!! My OCD thinks a minor tweak to track number is in order. Spacing for track #'s that are double digit "10" "12" crowd the track title by a space(?). Can the title and artists be moved over a space or two? I also wouldn't mine lead zero's for tracks 1-9. Then everything would be consistent. :).​

Thanks

-vicpa

BTW I like that the screen saver kicks in when a video is paused for the set time. Always thought the current app should do that. Guess I am a long pauser :P.​

Edited by Vicpa