UWP Testers

7illusions

Xzener

Ahh... I was understanding it as this was also compatible with preview builds. I stand corrected. Thanks SikSlayer.

7illusions

Mine fails to install via PowerShell. Here is a screenshot of the failure. Any ideas on how to fix? I uninstalled the previous version.

5776de9c3b28c_Capture.png

Prerequisite missing, are you running Insider Preview?

FrostByte

Is there a link for .55?  I didn't get an email that it was out.  Just loaded IP

Edit:  NM it just came in.  Slow email server I guess

Edited by FrostByte

swhitmore

Sorry I haven't had a chance to test yet. I just got back from my business trip. I picked up a new SSD for my server, so I'm doing a complete reinstall and will try the UWA soon.

FrostByte

v.55 Progress bar stops updating when app is minimized

Start app

Start playing music (album, playlist, etc)

Now Playing starts

Minimize app

Restore app

Progress bar stops and buttons (pause, etc) stop functioning

FrostByte

v.55

Home Screen

-Thumbs for Next Up Episodes are huge.  One thumb takes up ~1/3 of screen

-Recently enjoyed music displays posters and look stretched.  Would think it would use the same shaped box as Latest Albums (more squared)

Music

-Hitting the Play button from top when viewing albums brings up the Now Playing box, but doesn't start the music.  Have to hit play again from bottom of screen.  This only happens when starting first album.  Once Now Playing is already at the bottom then clicking Play at the top auto starts music from album.  Just like Playlists

-Progress bar totaling disappears when app is minimized and Now Playing screen is maximized.  After maximizing then there is no way to stop, pause, etc the music with no buttons

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Music

-When maximizing the Now Playlist and clicking a different song than the one currently playing then the bar at the bottom disappears making it impossible stop, skip etc

7illusions

Musicplayer is still using the old technology, will focus on rewriting that next week.

HomeView, it needs a lot of tweaks UI wise. But, if we ignore the cosmetic issues, what do you think of the concept. Is it better than the old app or not? (Which is why I released it in this current state, no need to polish until you guys approve.) :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Oops, thought you had already rewritten music with the new SDK.  I'll look for other stuff then

Vicpa

Hi

The inital user experience is relly nice in .58. :) .​ Audio playback seems to working better as well!

Having a little trouble with full screen.

swhitmore

hey, trying to install, but am getting this error. I have dev mode enabled

57808a1d31b99_Screenshot1.png

7illusions

The prerequisite error indicates that your on the wrong build of win10. Ar me you running the insider preview builds? Need to be on .14366 or higher. ( will require .14383 in a few days)

Vicpa

Hi All

starting to delve into .60 :)

Live Tile yea!!

Went to test sync, and tried to setup my sync folder first.  hard crash to desktop when I clicked on sync from the settings page.

Still checking but looks like there are missing items in the "All" Movies and "Album Artist" views. TV seems ok, but I don't have a lot of that compared to Movies or Music.

Hate just to report bugs. In general I really like the way the app is coming together!!. Many thanks 7 for your hard work and giving us the option of a real windows app.

swhitmore

The prerequisite error indicates that your on the wrong build of win10. Ar me you running the insider preview builds? Need to be on .14366 or higher. ( will require .14383 in a few days)

Ah ok, I'm only running the normal release.

SikSlayer

Any word on issues installing the Windows 10 Mobile version? I launch the .appxbundle installer, it asks if I want to install, and then it just goes back to the file explorer.

Nothing is ever installed.

Edited by SikSlayer

7illusions

Any word on issues installing the Windows 10 Mobile version? I launch the .appxbundle installer, it asks if I want to install, and then it just goes back to the file explorer.

Nothing is ever installed.

You don't happen to have Visual Studio installed, or are you willing to install it (Community Edition is free)? There's a AppDeploy tool included in the WIndows 10 App SDK that would solve the issue.

Vicpa

Hi All

7 .... Movies and Artists are all showing up nicely in .61 Thanks.

I am pushing my luck I know, but can the full screen setting be saved across sessions? I have to choose it each time I open the app.

Performance seems good, everything seems pretty snappy.

One Big FYI for everyone though. If you select "Group Movies into collections" on the server your Movie library basically will never load anywhere..web, the app etc.

5782b5626e0f4_collections1.png

This has been broken and seemingly unacknowledged since server rev .57. I think there is a setting in the app for the same. 7 you may want to hide it, until/if it ever gets fixed.

Will work on my list of other tweaks.

Thanks

-Vicpa

FrostByte

Playlists starting with "The" from the side menu are sorted in the T's, the same playlists viewed in music are sorted with the first letter of the next word.

Example:

"The Hobbit"  sorted in T's from side menu

"The Hobbit" sort with H's in music

Vicpa

Hi,

In .61 (maybe before) the art for Latest TV is off. Needs different format or size ?

see below

578374efb6358_TVLatest.png

Thanks,

Vicpa

Hi 7

Where should we be on remote control support? I have a media center remote and not much is working. Media transport controls, return or back etc.

I don't know if the X-box remote is working don't have one of those. :).​   

-Vicpa

7illusions

The XBox controller works like a charm, haven't gotten to MCE yet though, it's in a box somewhere in the house.. ;)
It's actually pretty far down the priority list atm.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

The XBox controller works like a charm, haven't gotten to MCE yet though, it's in a box somewhere in the house.. ;)

It's actually pretty far down the priority list atm.

Bump it up a little, or it might never get out of the bottom of the list.  ;)

• Like 1