UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

Hi @@FrostByte

Are you have any issues with the loading of the home screen. when you go back from other content? For me it takes a long time and I just get tv and music. I don't know if regression or .37 issue.

I don't seem to be having that issue that I can tell

techywarrior

My collections don't show up in the app at all (.48 was the latest I checked). Shows fine in the web client. I nonly have 70 collections so I wouldn't even expect them to take a long time loading.

• Like 1

7illusions

My collections don't show up in the app at all (.48 was the latest I checked). Shows fine in the web client. I nonly have 70 collections so I wouldn't even expect them to take a long time loading.

How are you accessing your collections, from mainview or movies view?

techywarrior

How are you accessing your collections, from mainview or movies view?

I don't have my movies set to be shown as collections in the settings. I assumed that Collections is the actual collections list like in the web client (in case you are using the setting for some reason).

Anyway, to answer your question, I simply click on my Movie collection on the left side and then Collections at the top. (Suggested, latest, etc.)

Nothing ever shows up no matter how long I seem to wait.

Edit: One other thing that may be different (because obviously other people can see their collections) is that I have two libraries set for movie type. Remember I have my shorts in a library called Shorts (which is set as Movies too but not included in the main Movies library)

Edited by techywarrior

Xzener

Looking great so far. Responsive, and quick/smooth animations.

One thing I noticed right away, not sure if its been reported yet...

576db07a63cd1_Capture.png

FrostByte

New

Photo viewer always starts with the first photo. 

Expected behavior:  when clicking a photo in a folder would expect the viewer to start with the photo selected, not the first photo

Version .52

FrostByte

I don't have my movies set to be shown as collections in the settings. I assumed that Collections is the actual collections list like in the web client (in case you are using the setting for some reason).

Anyway, to answer your question, I simply click on my Movie collection on the left side and then Collections at the top. (Suggested, latest, etc.)

Nothing ever shows up no matter how long I seem to wait.

Edit: One other thing that may be different (because obviously other people can see their collections) is that I have two libraries set for movie type. Remember I have my shorts in a library called Shorts (which is set as Movies too but not included in the main Movies library)

I think this error has been there for awhile, should already be tracked

You should see collections from main hopefully :)

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35799-uwp-testers/page-7&do=findComment&comment=340404

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

New

Playlist doesn't auto start.

Expected playlist to autostart like with old version of app

Steps

1. Click playlists

2. select audio playlist

3.  Click (...)

4. Click Shuffle

Now playing screen pops up at the bottom, but then you have to click the Play button to start

Edit: NM I forgot you were waiting for the new SDK :)

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi 7

Play of TV should work. Transcoding nonsense. Can you let it direct play.

I added mpeg2video and mpeg2 to the streaming profile for the ts stream as well as ac3, which is what most tv in the states is....no luck

The transcode ts with aac decode, just shows one frame and stops, seen this on other clients. Transcode with ac3, is a mess. no audio copy

Was told months ago that was unreliable with hls. well this ain't that. (by the way I ran an audio copy for months with no problems.

Stream #0:2 -> #0:0 (mpeg2video (mpeg2_qsv) -> h264 (h264_qsv))
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:1 (ac3 (native) -> ac3 (native))

Please put me out of my misery and let me direct play :)  .​    

Here is the transcode log.

transcode-430a194d-c727-4bd5-99d8-e59470c5fe22.txt

Edit Hi @@7illusions, maybe I didn't make the above changes. It looks like the profile is being overwritten with the defaults each time it is opened.

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

New

Playlist doesn't auto start.

Expected playlist to autostart like with old version of app

Steps

1. Click playlists

2. select audio playlist

3.  Click (...)

4. Click Shuffle

Now playing screen pops up at the bottom, but then you have to click the Play button to start

Edit: NM I forgot you were waiting for the new SDK :)

Hi Frostbyte 7

the above works for me. (I am on 14372 though)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hi Frostbyte 7

the above works for me. (I am on 14372 though)

Ahh, thanks for testing.  I tried a few times and got the same result so maybe that's it. 

Vicpa

Ahh, thanks for testing.  I tried a few times and got the same result so maybe that's it. 

No your right. I hit play it started, then remembered you said shuffle, so I hit that it paused shuffled and started right up. if you just hit shuffle first you do have to click play. I do like you can shuffle in progress though.

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

Vicpa

Hi

I figured out how to get back to HLS for Live TV and as expected the transcode is much better. The thing to look at is the playback works nicely but it is in chunks plays for about a minute. thinks and plays again. maybe a buffering thing?

Vicpa

Hi 7

Some more info for you on live tv. If I turn off hardware acceleration on the server, it plays just fine in the app. Looks pretty nice :) .  Definitely some server challenges.​

7illusions

Hi 7

Some more info for you on live tv. If I turn off hardware acceleration on the server, it plays just fine in the app. Looks pretty nice :) .  Definitely some server challenges.​

Awesome. Did you have to do any profile tweaks, or did it just work?

7illusions

Sorry for the delay in updates, I haven't taken a break or anything, It's just some big changes for the time being. Here's what's going on:

I've updated to the preview SDK, this means that you will have to run a windows preview build higher than .366 to run next build (slow ring should be ok for desktop if I'm not mistaken)

Redesigning the menu

Redesigning DetailsViews and HomeView

Adding some graphical candy(real time blur etc)

Hopefully I'll have a new build during the weekend.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi

Sounds great can't wait to see :)

I know there are folks anxious to try on the Xbox, is that platform getting closer for testing?

-Vicpa 

FrostByte

I've updated to the preview SDK, this means that you will have to run a windows preview build higher than .366 to run next build (slow ring should be ok for desktop if I'm not mistaken)

I haven't been keeping up with the preview builds lately.  Guess I will look into getting 14376 which was just released

I know there are folks anxious to try on the Xbox, is that platform getting closer for testing?

So want to upgrade my XB1 to the new XB1S with UHD BD player and UHD streaming, etc

Vicpa

I haven't been keeping up with the preview builds lately.  Guess I will look into getting 14376 which was just released

So want to upgrade my XB1 to the new XB1S with UHD BD player and UHD streaming, etc

14379 just came out this pm.

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi

Sounds great can't wait to see :)

-Vicpa

Since MS hasn't sorted out app deployment to the xb1 and the latest build is 352 it's not possible. However, if you want to find out how navigation behaves with a controller, just connect your xb1 controller to the machine running the app with a USB cable and you should be able to try it out. :)

Vicpa

Hi

Wow looks pretty nice :) .​  Like the detail screens. I have one problem for the life of me I can't seem to scroll down on the main hub. The mouse and remote just take me left of right.

Will continue to check but the other thing is the playto context screen just flashes can't select anything.

nice work 7!!

7illusions

Hi

Wow looks pretty nice :) .​ Like the detail screens. I have one problem for the life of me I can't seem to scroll down on the main hub. The mouse and remote just take me left of right.

Will continue to check but the other thing is the playto context screen just flashes can't select anything.

nice work 7!!

The PlayTo functionality will be moved to upper right corner of the screen, the same way as wmthe webcloent does it. That's why i haven't put any effort on fixing that.

Xzener

Mine fails to install via PowerShell. Here is a screenshot of the failure. Any ideas on how to fix? I uninstalled the previous version.

5776de9c3b28c_Capture.png

SikSlayer

Mine fails to install via PowerShell. Here is a screenshot of the failure. Any ideas on how to fix? I uninstalled the previous version.

Are you using Windows Preview builds of Windows 10? I just saw that mentioned in the changelog, so I guess I can't use it until August.

Still can't install it on my Lumia 640 with the latest Fast build...

Edited by SikSlayer