UWP Testers

7illusions

7illusions

Can you verify by using .45? I need to know where to start looking. :)

Vicpa

Hi,

It is a regression. 45 appears to be ok, for movies

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

Using .48

When playing playlist, music, etc the progress bar stops working after the first song and doesn't change.  Track name changes though.

FrostByte

Music Playlists sort eliminating the word "The" like I would expect.

Clicking on just Playlists from the main though then playlists start with "The" are sorted with the T's

Vicpa

Hi All

Looks like 7 made alot of progress in the latest build. More stuf to test :P

Genres are displaying detail items

Basic playlist support

Collections support

Small UI thingy - In Music I have two horizontal menu choices for Latest. ( I would move Playlist to last Choice because it can be displayed on main menu.

I am not sure that the items issue with all movies is resolved. It still appears that I am missing content in some alpha choices.

Will keep checking.

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

I am not sure that the items issue with all movies is resolved. It still appears that I am missing content in some alpha choices.

I'm still having issues with AlbumArtists also.  The B's may be because the comma or & in "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"  but I have others like the D's which I'm not sure why it's not displaying all AA's

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Music playback will be rewritten as soon as I have a date on when the Anneversary SDK will be final, I know there are issues there at the moment, but it's low prio.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Items within a Collection are sorted alphabetically and not according to what is shown in the web client when using release date

Example:  JP is sorted by release date in web, but alpha here.  When using sort name in web it works though (I use sort name only when there are prequels such as in Underworld)

576af74609bb4_sort.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Special characters in photo folder names don't display correctly when actually viewing the photos within the folder.

\Photos\2012\Hell's Revenge

However, on the previous screen when displaying the subfolders under 2012 then "Hell's Revenge" is displayed correctly

576af130d47df_Foldername.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi,

Don't want to ruin your day 7 or ask for something that can't be done easily :)

But the alpha groupings in general are not really working for me on the following views.

Genre's

Playlists

Collections.

Maybe on a small device like a phone they make sense. But the total numbers and cardinality in the above categories leads to a lot of empty space. My use case in htpc and large tv. Maybe similar to the xbox

see below

576af21d9d106_Screenshot13.png

I would almost rather just see rows and columns, with the # of columns increased by device size. Even if you have 100 of each of these scrolling or  down arrow on the remote doesn't seem bad. Maybe you could add some kind of page down or up type of thing.

-Is personal preference I know.

-vicpa

7illusions

Yes, for genres and playlists it doesn't make sense.. Collections though, at least for me, makes a bit more sense

7illusions

A question, what is missing/is broken which needs to be implemented before a release?

I want to get my priorities in order, @@Vicpa has done a great job feeding me with data but I would like to get, if you want to that is, a priority list from each of you.

Features can always be added, but the things that are worse than previous app is not ok to release.

I got all, or most at least, of your reported issues in .48 as a task to fix asap

• Like 1

FrostByte

When displaying Collections under movies nothing is shown.  Clicking Collections on the main screen displays collections though

Vicpa

Hi 7

Care to share what is driving the release date. You may wish to wait a bit, which is OK.

For me I thought I would break it down by category

Movies

Has most of the base features Some issues noted

Things not there and not show stoppers for me

Actor Detail views.

Theme music (may be related to background audio),

Multipart movies- May be there I just haven't tested.

TV.

Favorites doesn't show content.

?

Music

Now Playing -again related to audio stuff?

Live TV

Is it feasible to get any of this in given the timing?

Sync

- seems to be working at least in my tests.

Remote Control Support?

-Can you give us a status of how far you are along ?

Connect Login ?

If anyone is using that does it work as expected?

There are some UI tweaks and button functionality to be addressed, which from a initial release of the UWP app is pretty high priority.

-vicpa

FrostByte

My list.  I guess I may be in the minority with most users, but I use this app to play music more than movies so my list is music top heavy

1. Fix the bugs already identified

2. Rewrite music portion once new SDK is made available.  Many crashes here, don't believe the other parts have crashed the app yet which is a good thing I guess

3. Now playing screen for music.  Nice when play playlists, etc shuffled so you can tell what songs are playing/coming up

4. Actors/Artists info screens

5. XB1 support, easy way to install.  The app would get used more in my house I think when it's easily available on the XB1.  Would eliminate need for Rokus on 2 TVs

6. Trailers, I don't use trailers but it's in the old one so figured it should be on the list

7. Screen saver?  I haven't seen one yet in the new app, but is in the old one.  Not sure if it's in there and just never started or was left out on purpose. 

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Release Date, basically three things driving this:

1. The MS Windows Anniversary SDK, needs to have a "Go Live" licence, currently only in preview and meanwhile I'm using the old SDK.

2. Xbox One store, once it opens up I want to be ready. (And that day is getting really close I think) :)

3. It would be nice to beat Plex to store AND also have a better experience..So I guess Live TV will be needed

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 4

7illusions

My list. I guess I may be in the minority with most users, but I use this app to play music more than movies so my list is music top heavy

1. Fix the bugs already identified

2. Rewrite music portion once new SDK is made available. Many crashes here, don't believe the other parts have crashed the app yet which is a good thing I guess

3. Now playing screen for music. Nice when play playlists, etc shuffled so you can tell what songs are playing/coming up

4. Actors/Artists info screens

5. XB1 support, easy way to install. The app would get used more in my house I think when it's easily available on the XB1. Would eliminate need for Rokus on 2 TVs

6. Trailers, I don't use trailers but it's in the old one so figured it should be on the list

7. Screen saver? I haven't seen one yet in the new app, but is in the old one. Not sure if it's in there and just never started or was left out on purpose.

3: Just tap the trackname on the bottom player progress indicator things

4: Artists are there, actors will come

5: Already supported, now we're waiting on MS to make it easy

6: Already there

:)

FrostByte

3: Just tap the trackname on the bottom player progress indicator things

4: Artists are there, actors will come

5: Already supported, now we're waiting on MS to make it easy

6: Already there

:)

3.  Doh!!  Yes it is :)

6.  It says "Sorry, but support for this is in the works" when I click.  You must mean the next release I guess?

Is there a trailer button in the movie info page like in the web client (I can't find it)?  If I were to play trailers it would probably be from the movie page and not from the main screen

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

3.  Doh!!  Yes it is :)

6.  It says "Sorry, but support for this is in the works" when I click.  You must mean the next release I guess?

Ok, I missed it also. :).

Vicpa

Hi @@FrostByte

Are you have any issues with the loading of the home screen. when you go back from other content? For me it takes a long time and I just get tv and music. I don't know if regression or .37 issue.

FrostByte

I haven't seen any issue with backing up yet, I just loaded .37 so will play some more.

FrostByte

Using .50

Notes:

Fixes Issue #49: Collection items are wrongly sorted

I don't believe this is fixed yet.  Problem is different.  Now collection items are always shown by release date and ignore sort name if specified to use sort name in web client.  I have a few collections that are displayed using sort names (mainly ones with prequels)

FrostByte

I can't believe I forgot to add photo support to my list of things that still need to be added before release, I'm sure you already had that one though