UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

Hi,

Yep, there are several sorting issues. Additionaly in music artists are displayed in decending sort order. Added to the list.

Are you getting music artists and album artists in UWP?  I've tried several times and even sat here for an hour waiting once for the circle thing to stop and it never does populate anything

Vicpa

Hi,

No album artists, but artists and albums, both painfully slow. Maybe related to next post?

all painfully slow initially with prod app as well.

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

While on music. I noticed the new app doesn't seem to be handling &,/,; (one or all?)

57653e7e2b064_Screenshot11.png

Production,

57653ef12f5a3_Screenshot14.png

See album artist and on tracks it should be both names as well.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, I tried artist and albums again.  Took ~4 minutes for each to come back, but finally got something.  Afterward, tried a second time and it seemed faster so it must be caching stuff. 

Album Artists in another thing.  Yesterday I waited for ~ 1 hour and got nothing.  I'm just going to let it sit here all day and see if it ever comes back :)

Edit: well after ~10 minutes AA just gave up and the spinning circle stopped and I just have a blank list now.  I'm just going to assume this hasn't been implemented yet then and 7 will look at later when he starts to look at music issues.

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi,

The queries for Artists and AA are new I am sure @ @Luke and 7 will tweak them.

At 169ms per 100 it really adds up

Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to XXXXXXXXXXX. Time: 169msInfo "HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to xxxxxxxxxx. Time: 169ms. http// xxxxxxxxx:8096/emby/Artists/AlbumArtists?ParentId=714ecbdb36325b904b2c7b8675454ec5&UserId=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&

StartIndex=24200&Limit=100&SortBy=SortName&sortOrder=Ascending&fields=SortName,SyncInfo&Filters

=&ImageTypes=&recursive=True&MediaTypes=&ExcludeItemTypes=&IncludeItemTypes=&EnableImageTypes=&format=json".

Edited by Vicpa

That is perfectly fine response time. It appears to me that the app doesn't start rendering immediately after obtaining the first result set and that is what i think needs to be looked at.

7illusions

That is perfectly fine response time. It appears to me that the app doesn't start rendering immediately after obtaining the first result set and that is what i think needs to be looked at.

True, at the moment I get all the items, then group them and after that renders it.

It will be some tweaking to get the grouping in place while paging, the ideal way would be to get it grouped server side like with recommendations, but I can do it client side as well.

7illusions

I think that should be a parameter in the request, GroupBy=Artist, Genre, TextKey

The thing I wonder about is if the result should be grouped, or if the result should just be returned in sortorder with a new property on the BaseItemDto, GroupName. That would make it easier with the paging of the data.

7illusions

Ok, new build with refactored paging is live, please try it out

• Like 2

FrostByte

Woah, I actually have Album Artists again :)  It seems to be loading some and then processing more, but still seemed very fast

FrostByte

My WMA library contains 3349 Artists, 837 Album Artists, 4326 Albums, 60,609 Songs

Before .46 AA never loaded and timed out giving me nothing

Now AA loads the first group of AA within 2 seconds and completed within 17 seconds when the  circle stopped spinning

Vicpa

My WMA library contains 3349 Artists, 837 Album Artists, 4326 Albums, 60,609 Songs

Before .46 AA never loaded and timed out giving me nothing

Now AA loads the first group of AA within 2 seconds and completed within 17 seconds when the  circle stopped spinning

Hi,

I have been recently diagnosed with a severe case of "music library envy" :P ​ Everything is loading much better in my paltry small library.

Fixes

Artists with & are now shown correctly.

Artists are displayed in desc alpha sort

New

genres don't display detail items (music,tv and movies)

Regressions introduced.

Art for artists with accented names is not showing up ie  Ana Popović (oops server thing? not in web)

I seemed to have lost my unintended feature of album detail :angry:

Thanks

-vicpa

Notice how MS finally caught up with 7 367-367. :D  ,  ​

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

If you use the webclient on that device, what's the loading time for AA?

Vicpa

Hi

My guess is the web loads by letter (?) roughly 3 sec per letter, give or take.

The app takes about 38 seconds to load in total. tested by collapsing and timed until the z showed up.

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

On my system in the webclient clicking AA takes ~6 seconds to come back the first time, but it only loads 100.  Click the arrow seems to take about ~3 seconds to bring up the next 100 AA

Vicpa

On my system in the webclient clicking AA takes ~6 seconds to come back the first time, but it only loads 100.  Click the arrow seems to take about ~3 seconds to bring up the next 100 AA

Yes what Frostbyte says is about right I was clicking on a letter the arrow takes about the same.

Vicpa

i don't think we need the spinner. There are placeholder imageing and the scroll down should give the loading impression

FrostByte

In uwp AA seems to load faster if I bring up the alphabet bar right away (you can see it loading as more and more letters are added).  I assume because it's not show showing all the posters as it loads

FrostByte

Regressions introduced.

Art for artists with accented names is not showing up ie  Ana Popović (oops server thing? not in web)

In AA on my system not only does it not load the artwork for Artists with special characters, but it also stops listing any Album Artists after within that letter of the alphabet.  In the pic I should have more artists after Frédéric Chopin in the F's, it does the same after Hüsker Dü in the H's also and others

In the web client it doesn't load the artwork (probably server issue like you said), but it does list all the album artists afterward so that is probably a uwp issue

5765c921e2680_AA.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

It doesn't seem to be just names like Frédéric Chopin causing an issue.  Several letters are missing lots of AA's.  Example here are the V's.  Only 2 are listed in UWP and missing AA's from Van Morrison and on.

Dual monitor, UWP on the left and WC on the right

5765d52f68925_AA2.jpg

Vicpa

Hi,

You can add to the list the all movies view. It seems to cut off some content per letter almost like there is a max count. For instance all my movies that start with an "S" are there but stop at "sh" .

7illusions

Hi,

You can add to the list the all movies view. It seems to cut off some content per letter almost like there is a max count. For instance all my movies that start with an "S" are there but stop at "sh" .

Is this a regression, or has it been like this in previous builds as well but first noticed now?

Vicpa

Hi 7

I am not sure this is the first time I noticed it. maybe someone else can chime in. Sorry.

FrostByte

Got to admit I never really looked to make sure everything was there either until Vicpa brought up the special characters issue