UWP Testers

7illusions

well that log looks ok to me so if it's just not playing then transcoding to mkv might just be a no go here. for what it's worth it doesn't work in edge either, and i've been periodically retesting after windows updates.

• Like 1

7illusions

Ok, so it seems to be media foundation limitation for now.

Once I get around to adding the VLC player I'll revisit this.

• Like 1

7illusions

Aha. But, will livetv work without hls, or do I include both and let StreamManager decide? Or will I have to do that logic myself?

Vicpa

Hi @@FrostByte

Have you noticed any issues with the direct play of HD  mkv's? I have had some choppy playback. But I don't know if that is 14361 vs 1511(which seems ok).

Have you made any other changes to the streaming profile.

And just to check as I am sure we would have heard :)​. Your music is wma isn't? any issues I have tested flac, and mp3

-vicpa

FrostByte

Hi @@FrostByte

Have you noticed any issues with the direct play of HD  mkv's? I have had some choppy playback. But I don't know if that is 14361 vs 1511(which seems ok).

Have you made any other changes to the streaming profile.

And just to check as I am sure we would have heard :)​. Your music is wma isn't? any issues I have tested flac, and mp3

-vicpa

Just played the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan which I encoded at 20+ Mbps with DTS and it played just fine and no choppiness.  Of course that was after I made the change 7I had me make above which may have make a difference.

Yep (good memory), my music is all wma (including 16-bit, 24-bit, different kHz, up to 5.1 channels, etc).  Seems to play just fine without transcoding, but I have crashed the app when skipping tracks, etc.  Hoping 7I got the dumps sent to him

7illusions

Yup, I get the crashes.

I'm laying low with audio playback changes at the moment though.

The current solution is a bit complex, with a background thread etc which is the recommended solution, but at the Build conference they said that this will change. Basically I'm waiting for next version of the preview SDK to see how that will work out.

If they change to what they said, it will be a LOT less code and a much simpler implementation.

• Like 2

FrostByte

I'm having problems reading some of the text like techy mentioned earlier.  Adding pics of the same background using the new app and the web client

576295f141140_wup.jpg

Maybe the app can add a bit of shadowing to the background like the web client does in the pic below.  Also, it seems the web client's fonts are bolder and thus easier to read

57629649a3184_wup2.jpg

FrostByte

Green checkmarks are missing for played episodes within a season.  Movies are marked played correctly.

5762a6506a064_played.jpg

Vicpa

Green checkmarks are missing for played episodes within a season.  Movies are marked played correctly.

5762a6506a064_played.jpg

Yup, have that on the list

• Like 1

FrostByte

Do we need the alpha header for photos?  In my example the letter "P".  Not sure what others do, but I don't name each individual photo's filename.  I just put them in a folder named for the location they were taken like "Kiwi" below and all pictures will fall under the same letter anyway.  Also, not sure I like the filename covering the thumbnail.  It means nothing to me when viewing my photos

5762a7af5c219_pict1.jpg

FrostByte

Yup, have that on the list

Darn, forgot you had that list in the other thread

Vicpa

Darn, forgot you had that list in the other thread

Have that too LOL, no worries. I can't figure out how if I edit the post it will show up as new content. @@CBers do you know if that is possible?

FrostByte

Ya, I looked at it the other day but it moved down and didn't check to see if it was updated.  If nothing else pin it to the top, but being able to mark it new again might help also

Edit: Or, change the title with date last updated?

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

It's ongoing. :)

Will you be posting instructions when ready?  I haven't ever loaded an app on my XB1 other than from the store.  Assuming we need to load certs and the files from the zip

• Like 3

7illusions

Will you be posting instructions when ready? I haven't ever loaded an app on my XB1 other than from the store. Assuming we need to load certs and the files from the zip

I'd say I'm ready right now, I'm running it daily on my xb1 now to catch glitches.

The problem is that MS isn't ready yet. The current requirements are a developer account, dev unlocking the xb1 with preview os stuff and deploy can only happen Visual Studio. Since I got 2 xb1 I turned one into a devmachine, but it's nothing I recommend to you folks.

Hopefully they change the requirements soon, so that you can deploy in a fairly simple manner.

• Like 2

7illusions

Do we need the alpha header for photos? In my example the letter "P". Not sure what others do, but I don't name each individual photo's filename. I just put them in a folder named for the location they were taken like "Kiwi" below and all pictures will fall under the same letter anyway. Also, not sure I like the filename covering the thumbnail. It means nothing to me when viewing my photos

5762a7af5c219_pict1.jpg

I try to figure out what's wrong here.. The background color behind the partially opaque back drop should be black, but on your machine and on 1 of mines it's White. That's the reason why the text is hard to read.

Vicpa

Hi,

Cool the start of some remote control support. :)

Can't seem to get full scrreen however.

Edit Ok maybe I lied :P, was ​in a momentary time warp. or it is a refresh issue. Went to full screen in a playback screen. stopped hit the back button. wasn't in full screen. Closed and re-opened an voila full screen.

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

SilentAssassin

Just installed 1.0.44. The new backdrop feature doesn't work, at least on my device. When I select greyscale I just get black background, just like when set to none.

Can the next up for TV shows use the TV series thumb image, like most other clients do. The current display is difficult to understand for which series the episode is from.

Can the left hand menu with black background be LIKE THAT ON ALL SCREENS. SOMETIMES JUST THE Hamburger menu button can get lost in a light background.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I was having a senior moment too, took me forever to find the version number :)

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi

Closed a few issues on the consolidated list. Correct me if disagree.

Want to add. Hide checkboxes on music screen don't like them visually. The highlighted row for selected works for me

7illusions

Hi

Closed a few issues on the consolidated list. Correct me if disagree.

Want to add. Hide checkboxes on music screen don't like them visually. The highlighted row for selected works for me

Totally agree and if I knew how to easily hide them I would have done it already. :)

​It will be removed though, don't worry about that, it's just a bit further down the backlog

• Like 1

7illusions

Haha, apparently more people has had this issue and ms has added a nice property "IsMultiSelectCheckboxEnabled".. Problem fixed in latest build.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Any way you could increase the font size a little for some of the text to the right of the movie posters?  Maybe throw in some color to break it up some.  For the older crowd it's kind of small and there seems to be a lot of room.

On another note the text is easier to find now with the background shadowed

Edit: even using Bold may help some

Edited by FrostByte