UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

How about playback errors, do you get those automatically also or should I write it up?

swhitmore

Great to see you back mate! I have a Surface Pro 4, Lumia 930, and Xbox One ready for testing. I'll be in Sydney this week on business, but will do what I can. Exciting stuff!

You mentioned previously that some of the playback issues could be solved using the VLC code to embed codecs in the app. Is this still possible?

• Like 1

techywarrior

May need to do something with the backgrounds. A lot of the time the white text is almost impossible to see on the light backgrounds.

Actor images box is a little too narrow for the image. The right side border is missing (is this because of the aspect ratio of my images? Because all of mine are downloaded automatically from TMDB and TVDB.

When I marked something as watched it doesn't seem to change on the menu. You need to close the menu and reopen to make sure it worked. Then when you go back to the previous page you were on (if it was a list or something) the movie isn't yet marked as watched. I had to close and reopen the app just to see it marked.

When you click a letter to get the alpha picker the letters in the picker aren't centered in their space. (you can see when you mouse over a letter and see the border outline)

Edited by techywarrior

7illusions

How about playback errors, do you get those automatically also or should I write it up?

No, I only get crashes automatically, so those errors you need to report

7illusions

Great to see you back mate! I have a Surface Pro 4, Lumia 930, and Xbox One ready for testing. I'll be in Sydney this week on business, but will do what I can. Exciting stuff!

You mentioned previously that some of the playback issues could be solved using the VLC code to embed codecs in the app. Is this still possible?

It will be possible, but for this time around it will just be the media foundation player.

SikSlayer

I only just now saw this post and sent my email. I have every platform, hopefully you can fit me in.

I've sent you a PM.

Edited by SikSlayer

techywarrior

.43 after playing a video I pressed back and just get a black screen. Seems like i have to close the app and restart after watching anything. This appears to only happen when you let the video play till the very end. Meh, I can't figure it out. I watched something and I could back out at the start no problem (double press required, see below). When I got to the end it went black again. This time I tried to back out just before the end thinking that complete playback was the problem. Maybe it's something with the API call to mark it watched? Or reloading the page?

When pressing the back button during playback you need to press it twice to go back. The first press makes the screen flicker but nothing happens (is there some overlay on top of the app doing the actual playback?)

no run time or progress bar on playback

Edited by techywarrior

7illusions

When pressing the back button during playback you need to press it twice to go back. The first press makes the screen flicker but nothing happens (is there some overlay on top of the app doing the actual playback?)

Yes, the player is placed on top of the AppFrame, I'll look into it.

Vicpa

Hi @techywarrior

Been looking at your post... I must be confused :)​.   Maybe a device thing or I am looking at the wrong thing.

I do get the black screen sometimes, but haven't had problems with the back button. (except being on the app bar when I am looking for it like below.

57602ad578ea8_Screenshot9.png

I have a time scale , etc

Like I said probably looking at wrong thing

-vicpa 

Edited by Vicpa

techywarrior

Hi Vicpa,

I'll try grab a screenshot after work but I definitely didn't have an end time on the right hand side like in your image. It shouldn't matter but the two tests I did were with shorts. One was ~2 minutes and the other was ~7 minutes.

The black screen issue only seemed to occur when I got to the end of the movie. In the first test I let it play till the very end (I think when the movie ends it should automatically go back to the previous screen but that is separate). The movie ended, I clicked the white back button. Screen was black and no longer had the white back button to click. I tried the backspace key as well as the back button in the Win10 title bar but screen stayed black.

My second test I let it play a few seconds, back buttons worked fine. Let it play to ~90-95% ("end" of movie) and had the black screen problem again.

Maybe I'll try take a very shaky video of it in action if you still not seeing it.

FrostByte

The back button only works for me if I'm not viewing in full screen mode.  If in full screen then I just get the black screen

• Like 1

techywarrior

The back button only works for me if I'm not viewing in full screen mode.  If in full screen then I just get the black screen

I was in full screen as well. Maybe that was the difference.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Pause button is not working for me when playing movies only.  For episodes and music it works fine

7illusions

The key to the issue was the fullscreen, it is fixed in next build. nice catch.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I'm having issues playing one particular movie.  Error is "Unexpected video type or invalid file path".  This movie plays just fine using the other Win10 app.  The only thing I see different from this movie and most the other movies is that the DTS track is the core from an original 8 channel DTS-HD BD, but that may not have anything to do with the error.  Not sure what is causing it from logs.

Server log:

http://pastebin.com/eMnXvDih

Transcode log:

http://pastebin.com/MdvszxvT

Screen shot:

57604f6b883df_tntd.jpg

Media info from Emby:

57604f8fcece4_medinfo.jpg

Additional media info

57604fb7303e4_medinfo2.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

The difference here is that we try to transcode using mkv instead of ts (hls protocol) as container.

If you open the StreamingProfile.json file in the app folder and remove the following under TranscodingProfiles, does it work then?

{
      "Container": "mkv",
      "Type": 1,
      "VideoCodec": "h264",
      "AudioCodec": "ac3,aac,eac3",
      "Protocol": null,
      "EstimateContentLength": false,
      "EnableMpegtsM2TsMode": false,
      "TranscodeSeekInfo": 0,
      "CopyTimestamps": false,
      "Context": 0,
      "ForceLiveStream": false,
      "MaxAudioChannels": null
    },

7illusions

Any news on the XB1 release please?

Have I missed it.

It's ongoing. :)

post-601-0-29881600-1465933137_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

FrostByte

The difference here is that we try to transcode using mkv instead of ts (hls protocol) as container.

If you open the StreamingProfile.json file in the app folder and remove the following under TranscodingProfiles, does it work then?

{
      "Container": "mkv",
      "Type": 1,
      "VideoCodec": "h264",
      "AudioCodec": "ac3,aac,eac3",
      "Protocol": null,
      "EstimateContentLength": false,
      "EnableMpegtsM2TsMode": false,
      "TranscodeSeekInfo": 0,
      "CopyTimestamps": false,
      "Context": 0,
      "ForceLiveStream": false,
      "MaxAudioChannels": null
    },

Yep, it plays fine/transcoded now without that bit of code.

What's even weirder is that my "pause" button is now working also

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

I guess that is due to the streamtype.

@@Luke, any thoughts on this? Have I missed something in when to use mkv vs hls or in my profile settings?

i would need to see a transcoding log but if transcoding to mkv turns out to not be viable for windows then .ts (without hls) would be the next thing to try.

7illusions

Anyhow, I'll revert the mkv transcoding for now. Next release will be back to HLS, we can play with this later on.