App crashes on Windows 10

adamtoth

adamtoth

I paid for and installed the store app on Windows 10. I am having a hard time using it - it seems to crash often and close, while browsing my music collection especially, or just clicking around. I have a rather large collection, mostly FLAC. It often crashes when trying to browse by artist/album/etc during the search/load process. Any one else see instability with this app on Windows 10?

Thanks,

-Adam

FrostByte

Yep, it crashes for me sometimes also when I click on something after music.  Not sure if it's because I have 80K+ songs or not.  Mine are almost all wma.  I can't really make out what the problem is reading the logs

7illusions

Hi,

Can you see if you can post a crashlog so that we can see what kind of exception that is occurring?

Thanks

7illusions

I think I know what the problem is, I've seen some issues while working on the pure win10 app which I've fixed on that app, but the win8 app still could end up in this situation.

But, a log or two could confirm my theory.

adamtoth

Thanks for looking into it. What are the steps to provide you a crash log?

Also, where might I find the pure Windows 10 app? Is there a beta or dev version I can try? Or has it not been released yet to public?

FrostByte

Click the hamburger in the top left

Select Settings

View Logs

Scroll to the bottom of the list to find the latest logs

Select the log you want (you should see the date in the file name and the words FATAL or ERROR)

At bottom right you should see a "Copy Text" button to add to your clipboard

7illusions

The Win10 app is still under development, once we got something good enough to share with you fine folks we'll do so. :)

• Like 2

Any updates? Thanks for taking the time to look into it but it has been 5 months now and still the same problem. Just a bit annoying for a paid app....

7illusions

Current status: Time is currently spent on a UWP app instead of trying to fix issues in the win8 app to work on Win10, this app will be upgraded for free.

• Like 4

Hi

I just buy a new w10 tablet. I try your app, everything seems to work fine but on offline mode, after stoping a movie, when i try to play it back again the app crash.

Do you have an idea on the release date of the w10 app ?

If i buy your current app, i get free upgrade right ?

Thank for your work :)

7illusions

Hi,

Release date is depending on Windows 10 Anniversary release, once that is live the plan is to release the app.

And yes, the current Win8 app will be upgraded for free to win 10

7illusions

Hopefully they'll allow for submissions earlier so that the app is available on the 2nd. But we'll see. :)

Your future app need some new things on the anniversary update ?

So we will not be able to use it without the update?

7illusions

Your future app need some new things on the anniversary update ?

So we will not be able to use it without the update?

Yes, correct.

• 5 weeks later...
7illusions

Any updates on the W10 release?

It's rolling out right now, some people have already found it in Store. :)

Just make sure you've updated to Windows 10 Anniversary.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am having a problem with play back. I get random freeze ups and some times the picture looks like its flashing. at time it plays fine then for no reason it just stops and I can see it trying to play but it does not.

I find that some times I can close the emby player app and restart it it will resume other times it will not. I never had this problem before the update. All videos play fine if I go to the source dir and use vlc player.

Any help would be great 

7illusions

When you are experiencing these issues, can you have a look in the upper right corner of the app on the osd. What does it say there?

Thanks