Ability to manually enter IMDb and MovieDB IDs in MetaData Manger

A8HTPC

A8HTPC

I have had certain movies have trouble finding the correct movie information, in this case the option to input a different ID is available. Though if the MB server is have a difficult time finding the information, there is no option under "External IDs" to manually set the id. Could this be changed?

Maybe even have an option, similar to Plex Media Server, where it while list many different IDs with the titles and movie cover, you can then pick the one you want.

Koleckai Silvestri

You can do this in the web client by editing the movie, television show or episode. Just browse to the item in the Metadata Editor and place the ID in the appropriate field.

• Like 1

if there's no option to add the ID it means the server didn't recognize it as a movie, which is either a bug or an inconsistency with your folder structure and our supported structures.

A8HTPC

opps, wrong section, meant to put this under the Server section.

Right, but I was wondering if you can make it manually editable for the rare occasions its not finding the movie regardless of folder structure  or anything? Its found 99% of my movies but a few I have to manually add the movie cover but then there is no info for the movie.

Edited by A8HTPC

A8HTPC

Im more than capable of reading both your posts once and comprehending them. I can't do what Wayne says with select movies since there is no fields under External IDs. And you say it may be a bug or not the correct folder structure and its not recognized as a movie, well a way to MANULLY enter the id for occasions like this would be nice. That's all I am saying. 

Why is it you fight against people suggesting features or possible modifications. Your software is in Alpha stage, let us help you. Im starting to wonder why I even both posting on this forum. I would like this software to become all it can be. If I could code, I would help even more but even coding for dummies can't help me in that field.

Edited by A8HTPC

because that's not a solution. the Id is meaningless if the system doesn't think it's a movie. It's the root cause that needs to be addressed.

Koleckai Silvestri

You can manually edit the movie.xml file. Getting a proper structure and content type identification will only help in the long run.

How do you have your movies structured on the disk?

A8HTPC

Bluray movies are /Bluray/Movie Folder

because that's not a solution. the Id is meaningless if the system doesn't think it's a movie. It's the root cause that needs to be addressed.

Though I can pick it in the movie list and play the movie in MBT....

I'll dismiss this. Not a big enough issue to go through my library one by one to find which ones are doing things.

Edited by A8HTPC

Cheesegeezer

Im more than capable of reading both your posts once and comprehending them. I can't do what Wayne says with select movies since there is no fields under External IDs. And you say it may be a bug or not the correct folder structure and its not recognized as a movie, well a way to MANULLY enter the id for occasions like this would be nice. That's all I am saying. 

Why is it you fight against people suggesting features or possible modifications. Your software is in Alpha stage, let us help you. Im starting to wonder why I even both posting on this forum. I would like this software to become all it can be. If I could code, I would help even more but even coding for dummies can't help me in that field.

Its not that he's fighting you in any sense, he's a busy guy and generally gives short swift answers, which can be taken out of context sometimes.

Is your movie listed in tmdb or imdb? I assume that you only have a couple of these "obscure" movies? If they are listed then can't you just add in the correct id of your film and let tmdb grab the correct info or have i missed something here.

Cheers