Emby 1.0.6 stops logging in

trmentry

trmentry

So got an interesting new issue with Emby on AppleTV tonight

I started up Emby tonight, and it just sits at the Starting... never gets to Emby itself.   I had it setup to logon with my user automatically.

So I figure something has gone wonky.. so I kill all apps on AppleTV and power cycle it.  When it comes back up.. same deal.. Emby just won't start up fully.

Next step.. is I restart the Emby server.   App still won't load properly.

I uninstall the app, and reboot AppleTV, then reinstall the app.  It loads up and asks which user to logon.  There are 2, 1 with password, 1 without.  The 1 without is non-admin that is used for keeping tracking of things watched, etc.

I select that user and it takes me to the front view and I'm able to watch a video.  I kill the app, and try and logon, it presents the 2 users again, but when I click the 1 without password... it doesn't do anything.  It just sits there.  

Something sure seems like it's gotten corrupted, but no clue how to get logs for you all.  The server logs don't really seem to show too much.

Any thoughts on this?   

comatose1978

I can't login.

I choose my login and the app just sits there,

I've closed all other apps and restarted my server PC, and apple TV.

I can login with no issues on my iPad without issue.

Can you guys please restart the app and try again? Does the user with the password work? Are you seeing any text on the loading screen, if so, what? How long have you tried waiting? Thanks.

trmentry

Can you guys please restart the app and try again? Does the user with the password work? Are you seeing any text on the loading screen, if so, what? How long have you tried waiting? Thanks.

Tried that with same results.  If I delete app and reinstall, I can get it to logon once after I select my user and watch videos with no issues.  Once I exit the app and try to come back it  just hangs at the Starting Up... with the twirly thing under it (after I put the user to auto logon).   I've waited for over a minute and just sits there.    This is using the user with no password that is set.

If I repeat the process and don't put the user to autologon, the 2nd time going in I get the user selection screen, but when I select the user, it jsut sits there and does nothing. 

If I select the admin user with the password, I enter my password and it jsut goes back to the user selection screen... doesn't actually log on.   web browsers seems fine.   iPad as well.

trmentry

I did find this in the logs this morning after trying.

Please find attached.

xbox = no password user

trmentry = password admin user

172.31.100.95 = appletv

.80 = ipad

.6 = server

I did try and clear out the xbox user that had multiple entries under Server Admin -> Devices.   But that didn't help.

server-log.txt

iainsheppard

Hi All,

I am in the same boat, my will actually say it authenticated fine on the server side but will just not allow login from the apple tv.

It will work fine on my Samsung TV using emby 1.0.4 with no issues.

I have tested both my accounts with passwords and without with no change.

trmentry

To add a bit more to this.   The server is running 5972.  

This just started for me in the last 36 hours.   It had been working fine up till when I first posted.  I did check if the server had updated, but it hadn't, and I double chekced to make sure it doesn't auto update but just notifies me of a new version.  

As far as I know.. there wasn't an update to the app on the apple tv.  it still shows 1.0.6 which I think is the latest... but not 100% on that.

mam693

Also having the same issue. As long as I don't restart the app or it doesn't close, I'm fine, but once it does, I have to delete it and relogin with a passwordless user.

Please try restarting the app and see if this still happens.  Thx.

trmentry

Please try restarting the app and see if this still happens.  Thx.

I've done that numerous times... smae results.  

Reinstalling it seems to help with 1 logon, but then after that... nada

I've done that numerous times... smae results.  

Reinstalling it seems to help with 1 logon, but then after that... nada

So you did it after I just asked you to...?

trmentry

So you did it after I just asked you to...?

oh.. no.... I'm at work.  Thought meant if I had.  

I'll test again when I get home. 

trmentry

I wanna play too... but I'm still at work.  

Will try when I get home

working for me now too.  

what was the fix?  

Jeff-Ist

Well I wanted to enjoy a movie on my apple TV 4 and it seems I have the same problem. NO issue from my mac it plays movies fine but my Apple TV shows same symptoms as you.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, then installed again, restarted vs. NOthing.

It cannot find a server asks me either for IP address or my logon. I tried both. Just does not work.

Pretty unhappy :( I obviously just want it to work. Cannot be bothered troubleshooting everyday. TO be fair to PLex it was rock solid.

Still trying EMby. Please help...

Well I wanted to enjoy a movie on my apple TV 4 and it seems I have the same problem. NO issue from my mac it plays movies fine but my Apple TV shows same symptoms as you.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, then installed again, restarted vs. NOthing.

It cannot find a server asks me either for IP address or my logon. I tried both. Just does not work.

Pretty unhappy :( I obviously just want it to work. Cannot be bothered troubleshooting everyday. TO be fair to PLex it was rock solid.

Still trying EMby. Please help...

This doesn't sound at all like the same problem.   These people couldn't log in the second time from the user screen and that has been fixed.  You say your device cannot find your server.

Please start a new thread with exactly what is happening in your situation.  My guess is that your server is blocked by a firewall or something but we'll need more details like exactly what you are doing, exactly what happens in the app and a server log.  Thanks.

Jeff-Ist

This doesn't sound at all like the same problem. These people couldn't log in the second time from the user screen and that has been fixed. You say your device cannot find your server.

Please start a new thread with exactly what is happening in your situation. My guess is that your server is blocked by a firewall or something but we'll need more details like exactly what you are doing, exactly what happens in the app and a server log. Thanks.

Hello, well could not connect at first so similar but fair enough then issue starts to differentiate. Will start new thread if needed but problem is Emby as a service which does not work properly. Will check forum for that

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The service works fine, but it does push more responsibility to you, the administrator in terms of having to manage permissions of the service account.

• 1 year later...
mypanasonic

sorry to bump an old thread

I was having the same problem with (auto login) on AppleTV 4k 

I noticed that autologin was triggering my Network attack protection on eset internet security.

AppleTV on port 8096 had being blocked as a attempted attack.

i authorized the device/port in eset and auto login is now working fine.   

• Like 1