AFTV: Trailer plugin no longer displays performers

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Platform: NUC i5,16GB RAM, Win10 Pro, Gigabit Wired, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Platform: AFTV-GEN1, 0S5.0.5.1, Gigabit Wired-AFTV Gen1&2 ports are only 10/100mbit ports, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Server: Version 3.0.5972.0
AFTV App: v1.2.00a
3rd Party App: IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

Hi Forum - I could swear that actors/performers used to display below the synopsis on the movie trailers plugin on AFTV. Now nothing. Am I slipping or have they gone missing?

Performers do display in trailers on the web client just below but not in the AFTV app below that (see images).

575892416f953_trailerscast.png

57589fc0e4c54_embyAFTVTrailersNoPerforme

Thanks, Tanamur

Edited by Tanamur

Tanamur

Many thanks @@ebr for adding this feature to an upcoming release.

Would I be correct in thinking that this will also mean that when I click on a cast member/performer in my existing movie library that I will also be able to see trailers for movies (current & future) in that performer's filmography? For example, if I click on Bridge of Spies, which currently exists in my movie library, and then click on the performer Tom Hanks, I will also see the trailer for the upcoming movie Inferno (2016) as part of his filmography?

That would be really, really nice and would also mean that any movie in the trailer library (past, present or future) would show up under Tom Hanks' filmography. And then, and then if I add CoverArt to my library I will have a nice little banner at the top noting that this is a trailer and I can use this to expand my library to include those movies.

I don't want to push it but it would be handy if we could have the option to "Add to Playlist (shopping list)" from the app interface for the trailer...great stuff!

Cheers, @Tanamur

I dont think you can use personids with includeitemtypes=trailer,channelvideoitem because it returns an empty set from the server even when it should not. Filmography makes use of personids.

Edited by speechles

I dont think you can use personids with includeitemtypes=trailer,channelvideoitem because it returns an empty set from the server even when it should not. Filmography makes use of personids.

Fyi there is no more channelvideoitem. channels return plain item types now.