Scan media library - Option for offline files

Oxide

blade005

Yes.  All the metadata is stored locally.  Images, NFO files, etc.  

The "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" and "Download images in advance" options are enabled.

And I'm not sure if this is the problem ... or not, but the the chapter image extraction options are enabled. Including the "during library scan" option. 

@@drashna

You have everything turned ON that will make your library scans the longest possible. Especially, if you are having to do a complete rebuild of the library. Chapter Image extractions during library scan, depending on your volume of TV Episodes and Movies will definitely lengthen the scanning process during a library rebuild.

Download images in advance

By default, most images are only downloaded when requested by an Emby app. Enable this option to download all images in advance, as new media is imported. This may cause significantly longer library scans.

Enable chapter image extraction

Extracting chapter images will allow Emby apps to display graphical scene selection menus. The process can be slow, cpu-intensive and may require several gigabytes of space. It runs when videos are discovered, and also as a nightly scheduled task. The schedule is configurable in the scheduled tasks area. It is not recommended to run this task during peak usage hours.

Extract chapter images during the library scan

If enabled, chapter images will be extracted when videos are imported during the library scan. If disabled they will be extracted during the chapter images scheduled task, allowing the regular library scan to complete faster.

I would recommend turning OFF Extract Images During the Library Scan and just let a scheduled task that you can set in off hours rebuild this after the initial rebuild of the library. That should get you back up and running more quickly.

What he said.  Definitely disable the chapter extraction on the scan and there is no reason to retrieve all images in advance.  When they are needed, they will be retrieved.

• 2 months later...
Oxide

I would like to send out a huge thanks @@Luke and the dev team for adding "Improve handling of disconnected drives" to the 3.2.28.x betas. I had an issue on Friday with my unraid server that made my media unavailable, Emby did a scan during this time and I was dreading having to re-import everything back into Emby. When I resolved the issue with unraid and went onto the Emby to perform a library scan it went very quick and it didn't have to re-import all the media. Happy Days  :D

• Like 1

darkassassin07

What about simply listing missing media after a rescan and giving the server admin the option to remove it.

This list would be sortable, grouped into series/season and able to remove all/ remove multi-selection.

Maybe even a schedule task to empty this list?

Tossing some ideas around....

Edit: I really should check the date of a post a little closer :/

Edited by darkassassin07

AdrianW

I've just completed a scan with one of my NAS servers offline. The scan took quite a while and there were 2776 "The network path was not found" messages in the log.

Here's a server log.

I have one library made up of folders, some on one NAS and some on the other NAS - the custom icons have disappeared for those on the NAS that is currently off (i.e. Classics, Foreign and More Movies):

S7vwRQ6.png

Note: Yesterday before running a scan, I went into each library and set "Download Images in advance" (I want images to still be available for content that is offline).

Here's the content of another folder that's currently offline:

BjpHBMA.png

If I drill down all the show, series & episode text detail is there including cast lists - so that's great. But, I'd really like the images to be available as well.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Flux02400

I, can you add a logo for offline média ? so, for média on Usb drive it's easy to view directly the on line and offline média

Thx

Flux02400

I,not de same issue, first post offline media disappears, here offline appears but when you launch it, nothing happens and i have to force close. when there is a offline media can the picture be grey or something so first look we know it's offline :)

I,not de same issue, first post offline media disappears, here offline appears but when you launch it, nothing happens and i have to force close. when there is a offline media can the picture be grey or something so first look we know it's offline :)

Ok so now we're talking about an indicator. Thanks.

• Like 1