Performers Gone from V1.2.00a

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Platform: NUC i5,16GB RAM, Win10 Pro, Gigabit Wired, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Platform: AFTV-GEN1, 0S5.0.5.1, Gigabit Wired-AFTV Gen1&2 ports are only 10/100mbit ports, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Server: Version 3.0.5972.0
AFTV App: v1.2.00a
3rd Party App: IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

Hi Forum/Devs -

Many of you helped me to troubleshoot my AFTV1 VolleyError problem 10 days ago.  I had everything working very well and could view the Performers section in both TV and Movies.

Now, with the latest update of v1.2.00a I see the Performers section has been removed from both TV and Movies... I feel like someone has sneaked up behind me and popped my birthday balloons :blink: 

Is there any chance Performers will be coming back?

Thanks, Tanamur

Tanamur

Platform: NUC i5,16GB RAM, Win10 Pro, Gigabit Wired, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Platform: AFTV-GEN1, 0S5.0.5.1, Gigabit Wired-AFTV Gen1&2 ports are only 10/100mbit ports, Internet 10mbit/s Fiber UP/DOWN
Server: Version 3.0.5972.0
AFTV App: v1.2.00a
3rd Party App: IMDB IBN People Downloader V2

Hi Forum - I could swear that actors/performers used to display below the synopsis on the movie trailers plugin on AFTV. Now nothing. Am I slipping or have they gone missing? Performers to display in trailers on the web client.

Thanks, Tanamur

• Solution

Sounds like you're asking completely different questions here...?

As for the first one, yes, the performers view was removed because the server simply cannot handle that request reliably right now so it is just causing problems.  Once we've had a chance to get the performance acceptable, it will come back.

For the second one, I don't really follow but compare what you see to what you see in the web client.

• Like 1

Tanamur

Sounds like you're asking completely different questions here...?

As for the first one, yes, the performers view was removed because the server simply cannot handle that request reliably right now so it is just causing problems.  Once we've had a chance to get the performance acceptable, it will come back.

For the second one, I don't really follow but compare what you see to what you see in the web client.

Thanks @@ebr - Yes, it was two questions supposed to be in two different posts. I started to post in IE11 but the copy/paste tool fails in that old browser so I moved to Edge. Somewhere between the two sessions I ended up with both questions under the same subject and now I can't change the subject on this post which was meant to be about "Performers" in the new AFTV app only.

SUBJECT: AFTV: Performers Gone from V1.2.00a

I understand the issue with hitting the server with displaying all the Performers view at once. I do quite enjoy being able to scan through a list of all of the performers in my library to see if I have images and bios for all and then seeing the filmography. This is not the same as starting in a film or series and stumbling on the performer and then viewing the filmography. I will look forward to the return of the dedicated Performers section to Movies and TV Series.

Thanks, Tanamur