User GROUPS option

pir8radio

pir8radio

I think I recall this request in the past, but I couldn't seem to find it...   Today I installed new raided SSD drives, and had to fresh install Emby..  Saved user database...  Long story short, I had to go into every emby user and give them access to the libraries they were allowed access,  Music, Movies, and Music videos..  If we had a user groups option, where, had all of these accounts been set to the "Users" group, I could just edit permissions for the "Users" group and been done at once.

Not sure how tough this is to make happen, but as emby servers gain more and more users, it would be nice to be able to change one group rather than 40 users....    Support for multiple groups of course..         

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Haven't tried it but couldn't you copy and paste the config.xml and/or policy.xml from one user to another?

pir8radio

Haven't tried it but couldn't you copy and paste the config.xml and/or policy.xml from one user to another?

yea, im pretty sure I can.. but if i had a Family group, and a Users group with different privs it would be easy to change those two groups.  vs trying to figure out the hashed user name folders, to make sure i'm dropping the correct config into the correct hashed user.

bfir3

This one is huge for me. We need a way to apply user view settings to multiple accounts simultaneously, and user groups is probably the best way to achieve this.

This one is huge for me. We need a way to apply user view settings to multiple accounts simultaneously, and user groups is probably the best way to achieve this.

I wouldn't make this assumption.

Display preferences should be completely different from security and access settings.

bfir3

I wouldn't make this assumption.

Display preferences should be completely different from security and access settings.

Fair enough. I suppose the idea is that all the clients should control their display preferences individually, and this is maybe related to the removal of the ability to edit a user's display preferences from the server dashboard.