Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

FrostByte

I'm still running it on a F6500 Blu-ray player.  Will play with it after my coffee to make sure it still works. 

You said a 2011 BD player?  I'm assuming it's a D-series player then.  The last version that cmcg tested on 2011 devices was 1.06.  Just some history the app sort of branched awhile back for E-series and above and development on the other branch sort of ended at that time.  The branch was made to add HD graphics which the old devices couldn't handle because the older Hubs ran at SD (it can stream HD files, but the Hub itself only ran at 540p).

It is possible you can't get past that screen because of the 1080p images it's chewing on.

Edit: I forgot to ask what model is your BD player? 

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Just tried auto logon, logging off, changing users, servers, etc on my BD player with no issues using 2.2.0i. 

You could verify the IP address matches the In-Home one of the server from the dashboard (the remote IP will not work with the app).  Other than that I can't think of anything you haven't tried already other than maybe making sure you have the latest firmware.

If you can't get 2.2.0i to work and end up falling back to the older version 1.06 then we might have to troubleshoot the playback issue you were having and see if anything can be done there.

Edited by FrostByte

chattojimnow

ok... but i can get the previous version to work just wont play movies so that would be the same issue that frost byte spoke of?

chattojimnow

could my setup have anything to do with it? im running xpenology 3.0.85 (waiting for update)

question tho how do i side load the 1.0.6?

frostbyte are you using 2011 bluray?

Edited by chattojimnow

FrostByte

My guess is that it has nothing to do with the server at this point.  We've had people running the app off different unix NAS before without much a problem.  If you think that may be any issue though you could try running a portable version of Emby off a Windows device just as a test.  I'm still guessing it's the 2011 BD player causing the issue as cmcg stopped using the 2011 SDK and emulator when he branched the app.

Do you have the zip file for 1.06?  I have it if needed since it doesn't appear it's being hosted anywhere now.  Basically, to side load you unzip to the root of a usb and then run the app from there.  The problem with side loading is that the app never installs, so you always have to have the usb in when you want to run the app.

Another option is to host the zip on your own internal webserver and install it.  That's what I would recommend if you do decide to go back to 1.06

Edited by FrostByte

chattojimnow

Can anyone help i have setup an internal webserver but cant install 1.06 get error network or server interference. does it matter what the files called etc?

FrostByte

Try this:

-Place the zip file you have in a folder called Widget on your web server. 

-Then you need a widgetlist.xml file in the root of your web server with the following code in it after replacing any information you need to. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rsp stat="ok">
<list>
<widget id="Emby">
<title>emby</title>
<compression type="zip" size="919000"/>
<description/>
<download>http://X.X.X.X/Widget/Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip</download>
</widget>
</list>
</rsp>

-Install app using your web server's IP

• Like 1

chattojimnow

Success... now for some reason no idea but the 2.20i is working so far. installed it to try and help with the development. have activated debug logging so wait and see. as you can see working ok so far will see how long it plays. this is blu ray player series D 2011 and after 3.47 minutes of playing its locked up...

Now with 1.06 the same episode lasted 2.55 minutes. nothing has changed to my server or anything has added or used on emby.

Is it wrong to think its something locallised wit my setup???

Edited by chattojimnow
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Ya, I think you might have mixed results with 2.2.0i since it was never tested in an emulator for D-series devices before release.  Some of the code will work, others probably won't.

Even my F-series BD player got slower when everything was changed to 1080p starting version 2.x.  They just don't have the processor speed of most of the TVs

FrostByte

Now with 1.06 the same episode lasted 2.55 minutes. nothing has changed to my server or anything has added or used on emby.

Is it wrong to think its something locallised wit my setup???

Ok, I replied to the PM before I saw you edited your post.  I remember there was a playback issue with Unix NAS servers and movies with subtitles I believe.  I don't think it was this exact problem though.  I just don't recall exactly what the issue was now. 

Maybe the best thing to do right now is post the mediainfo for your movie and then maybe try a portable Windows server or provide at least a sample of your video which doesn't work and I will try it from my server.

chattojimnow

i will try i have fully played a 4 min video thats avi. 45min video cut out at 3 mins (.mkv) and tried a second avi cut out after 30 seconds. so its not seemingly a file type issue. any ideas guys would be appreciated.

and frostbyte i have a widnows 10 vmware i will install emby on and see if it changes anything

chattojimnow

no luck maybe its just too big of a library i tried even just tv shows and movies which is about 1/5 of my library same issues. even tried skipping through still froze. could it be a dodge update or something i got. *shrugs*

anyone know if you can reset to redownload updateS?

FrostByte

Ok, there was another thread about Netflix and YouTube downloaded files also.  I'll see if I can find that, though I don't think anyone was able to duplicate the issue so I don't believe it was resolved.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Also, have you tried playing your file from a usb drive connected to the TV using the built in media app on your BD player?  Might help you troubleshoot where the problem is

chattojimnow

That's the thing... they work flawlessly through the bluray. It picks up emby and shows all movies tv shows etc the only issue i had which was a file glitch when folders where named the same. (would tell me the folder was empty or unavailing or something to that effect) a sorting folders and a simple added s fixed it. I actually just watch live tv through it.

Um the series D has one gig of space could it be as simple as that the cache fills up and crashes the system? i dont know im not in the dev or know much about that im a fiddler to be honest

Edited by chattojimnow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
BadaBing

Does the latest beta version provide a PIN as an option to login when you start the app? I have a subcription to an external Emby server, which only allows me to log into the server by providing a PIN generated by Emby.

FrostByte

Does the latest beta version provide a PIN as an option to login when you start the app? I have a subcription to an external Emby server, which only allows me to log into the server by providing a PIN generated by Emby.

This app for older Samsung sets (2012 - 2014) does not, the other app for newer Tizen tvs (2015 - ) does