Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

Odd since you both have the same TV and are from the same region

For the last dew releases, the update never works, so eventually I have to uninstall and reinstall.

Then I still have auto-login problem when it does install, so I have to uninstall and reinstall again :(

At least I know what works, so I can work with it instead of against it.

Hopefully something will "come out in the wash" soon.

My friend who has an F class TV (F6300) is also having login problems as well.

This is from the server log even after I have created a new user account called "Test":

2016-09-17 17:48:02.9029 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.49:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SmartHub; SMART-TV; U; Linux/SmartTV+2013; Maple2012) AppleWebKit/535.20+ (KHTML, like Gecko) SmartTV Safari/535.20+
2016-09-17 17:48:03.1150 Info UserManager: Authentication request for Test has succeeded.
2016-09-17 17:48:03.1150 Info SessionManager: Reissuing access token: e3051405e2004670a8c26660865d87ca
2016-09-17 17:48:03.1220 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.1.59. Time: 219ms. http://192.168.1.49:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json
2016-09-17 17:48:03.1740 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.49:8096/emby/Users/c01562e13da749bc98a2664196aff96a/Views?format=json&SortBy=SortName&SortOrder=Ascending. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SmartHub; SMART-TV; U; Linux/SmartTV+2013; Maple2012) AppleWebKit/535.20+ (KHTML, like Gecko) SmartTV Safari/535.20+
2016-09-17 17:48:17.4178 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192. 168.1.49:8096/emby/System/Logs/Log?name=server-63609698981.txt. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; Nexus 6 Build/MOB31E) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/52.0.2743.98 Mobile Safari/537.36

What is happening here please, as it's so frustrating.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
JBinFla

I've installed the latest app, and can't seem to find the Live TV.  Can someone help out?  I have an F-series (6300).  All I have are the usual "Collection, Movies, Music, TV and Media Folders" at the top.  I've gone through and can't seem to find live TV anywhere.  Clearly you all have it working (even if buggy).  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?  The TV shows it as being v2.2.0 whereas it was 2.1.x (I forget the .x but I looked at it before and after to see if it updated).  Thanks in advance.

- JB

• 2 weeks later...
fluffykiwi

[bug Report] If there are more than three TV programs in your upcoming TV Schedule FOR TODAY, and you navigate to the fourth entry and press up or down, the app loses the ability to navigate through the listings. If you try to navigate too long after focus is lost it will crash. The dates can also show as undefined during this process

Workaround: Press back to exit the Upcoming schedule page when the selection focus is first lost. Do not press up or down if first three entries are not on screen

This only happens on the first day listed, i.e. today. All other dates navigate fine.

To reproduce error, simply add more than three TV series that are due to be aired today to your collection and navigate to the fourth one within TV - Upcoming, then try to navigate up or down.

For example

Today my upcoming TV shows are as follows:-

----------------------------

Sunday 16/10/2016

Supergirl - Scorpion - Gotham - Murdoch Mysteries - The Big Bang Theory

Monday 17/10/2016

Aftermath - The Flash - Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Brooklyn Nine Nine

Tuesday 18/10/2016

Lethal Weapon - Arrow - American Horror Story

Wednesday 19/10/2016

DCs Legends of Tomorrow - How To Get Away With Murder - The Blacklist - Red Dwarf - Greys Anatomy

-----------------------------------------------
[Additional Bug Report] Today's date is actually Tuesday 18/10/2016 here in Scotland, but not sure if this is my settings somehow being incorrect, although everything seems correct. Upcoming show listings are correct, even if day/date appear wrong.

However, this report is more focused on the navigation problem as follows:-

Today, Sunday? 16/10/2016?  If I navigate to Murdoch Mysteries or The Big Bang Theory and press up or down, the app will lose track of the selection and may crash, i.e. nothing shows as highlighted.

If you navigate next day's shows pressing up from Brooklyn Nine Nine will correctly jump the highlighted selection to Supergirl, pressing down will move to Lethal Weapon.

Subsequent days follow same correct procedure.

However, if you wait until Tomorrow, navigating to Brooklyn Nine Nine and pressing up or down will cause the error.

Next day the error will not be detectable, unless you have more series than I do.

Finally next day navigating from Red Dwarf or Greys Anatomy will cause the error.

etc

My setup

TV UE55HU8500

Bluray BDF7500

TV Firmware 1340, updated today.

Emby 2.2.0i

Error has been present a long long time, in fact it has been present since I first used the app.  I did mention it once before.

This is in no way any type of priority for me, as I only use the upcoming feature to see shows being aired today, and I simply avoid pressing up/down from today's listings.

I just thought I may as well report it in case it is an easy fix, and to ensure it is still documented.

Thanks for all your work.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
LLDaLastDon

2.2.0i
Treat DTS and DCA interchangeably. - @@bengel1087
Add audio codec params for HU models. - @@LLDaLastDon
Splashscreen fades more gradually.
Improve hanndling of Audio Podcasts.
Live TV guide time should now be correct.

Treating DTS and DCA interchangeably may have unintended consequences. Please report back any strangeness as I think the problem it addresses is pretty rare.
@@LLDaLastDon - My bad, I had only added HU to the video codec selection, not audio., Doh. Let me know how this goes.
Live TV was disabled in the last build as the guide timing was in a bit of a state. Some scaffolding on my house that temporarily blocked my satellite dish gave me a fresh reason to sort it out. Since it's not widely used I think I'll start a separate thread for it.
Thanks for being an awesome community and helping out new users. You guys are great.

I know its been awhile but I'm still having issues with some files.  I'm positive my issue is related to the AAC codec in my file with the compatibility with my TV (UN75HU8550).  I have some files that are 6 channels AAC that play and some that don't.  In Emby they appear to have the same codec. But, when I look a file that works and one that doesn't inside Media info here's what I get.  

File that doesn't work:

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Duration                                 : 15s 139ms
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Statistics Tags Issue                    : mkvmerge v8.1.0 ('Psychedelic Postcard') 64bit 2015-07-06 14:12:34 / Lavf57.48.101 
FromStats_BitRate                        : 384000
FromStats_Duration                       : 00:00:15.017000000
FromStats_FrameCount                     : 156462
FromStats_StreamSize                     : 160217089

File that works:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC
Duration                                 : 42mn 21s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 23.438 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -105ms
Title                                    : Surround
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

I think its related to either the "Format profile", "Sampling rate", and/or "Frame rate".  Or possible a combination of those.

CBers

Just a suggestion whilst we wait for @@cmcg, but have you tried re-encoding that particular video ??

The file that doesn't work is on 15s - is that correct ??

Do you have any other Emby clients that you can try it with ?? Does it work in the Web Client ??

• Like 2

FrostByte

If your video is only 15s long maybe you could upload it somewhere?  We could take a look and cmcg will need a sample to test also.

• Like 1

LLDaLastDon

Yes, its a test clip from the original file that doesnt work with direct play. I grabbed 15 secs of it to test it on my different devices and also be able to do a quick encode if need be. Just for trial and error. Let me try to post it, so someone can check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LLDaLastDon

I was able to play around with the file and I re-encoded it with the same values. I got a smaller file but it played fine. Mustve been a hiccup in the HEVC encoding process, because I am able to play it now.

Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi all,

use 2.2.0i on Samsung TV E-SERIES . works fine. 

only one issue for time being I'll try to describe is : a large black line appears at the bottom of screen, and level everything's up, when I navigate and go down on some pages, mainly when click on info bar or try to set-up subtitles on, when playing a movie.

then I need to change to another page to get the screen back to a normal appearance

Will try to send screenshot. 

I hope I've given a clear description... :)

thks

CBers

Hi all,

use 2.2.0i on Samsung TV E-SERIES . works fine.

only one issue for time being I'll try to describe is : a large black line appears at the bottom of screen, and level everything's up, when I navigate and go down on some pages, mainly when click on info bar or try to set-up subtitles on, when playing a movie.

then I need to change to another page to get the screen back to a normal appearance

Will try to send screenshot.

I hope I've given a clear description... :)

thks

Similar to this?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31317-bugmenu-screen-goes-up-and-down-when-scrolling-after-a-movie-is-finished/

• Like 1

bjaguar33

How do I install the emby app to Samsung KS9500 (2016 model UA55KS9500R). I can't figure it out. Plex client is available on Samsung Apps but no emby app!

FrostByte

How do I install the emby app to Samsung KS9500 (2016 model UA55KS9500R). I can't figure it out. Plex client is available on Samsung Apps but no emby app!

You can't load the old Orsay app on your Tizen TV.  You will have to load the Tizen app from the Samsung store when it's available.  Right now I believe it's still only available in the US and not sure when it will be in Asia (I assume that's where you're at from your model number or at least that's where your tv was assembled).  I'm sure Luke will make an announcement though when the Tizen app is available worldwide.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27254-status-of-tizen/page-15

Edited by FrostByte

• 3 weeks later...

From reading I understand that Emby is available on the US store on Tizen Samsung TVs, is it possible to get it in the UK by making the TV think it's in the US?

I have a Samsung KU6020 being delivered soon and would love to have Emby on the TV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You would have to try it and see, there's certainly no guarantees it will work as the Tizen store is vastly different to the old Samsung Apps service. At least one user at the SamyGO forums managed to region switch their K-series by using a slight modification of the J-series instructions https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=10651 however be aware that this does reset SmartHub i.e. all of the UK apps will be deleted.

Thanks, think what I will do is run a network cable to my pc and run it as a bridge so I can use vpn for USA at the time I'm setting up the TV. I've read that the TV region although can be changed still locks the apps because of IP region. So this may allow me to work around that issue to download.

As Netflix and amazon just use one login regardless of where in the world you are I expect these to just work as normal with my accounts.

Won't have the TV until 20th December so will update if it works. But fingers tightly crossed for WW release on 2016 models.

Worst comes to worse I'll use Plex until Emby is available however prefer Emby as I'm a premium supporter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my TV early and tried this but didn't work for me. So sad to say it I'm using Plex until ww release available.

CBers

Got my TV early and tried this but didn't work for me. So sad to say it I'm using Plex until ww release available.

Which model TV?

This app is for the older Orsay TV's, not those running Tizen.