Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

CBers

Okay this is a new for me

Version 2.2.0f

If you don't auto login the text from the next screen overlays the splash screen. If autologin is enabled you don't see it.

I've attached a pic. I know, I know it's really bad, but if you look close enough you can see some of the text from the next screen on top. It's more noticeable on the screen itself where you can see all the text

Not screen burn ;)

SilentAssassin

Not a bug but a feature request. When bringing up the chapter menu during playback using the tools menu, is there any chance you can at least include the time associated with each chapter point, the current implementation is a bit pointless without times. If you could it would also be nice to have the chapter image in this menu as well.

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Nope @cmcg still seeing the text of the next screen on top of the splash when not auto logging in.  It's not really a big deal.  App still works.  I normally auto logon using the TV and manually logon with the HTS just to test things out.

CBers

Nope @cmcg still seeing the text of the next screen on top of the splash when not auto logging in.  It's not really a big deal.  App still works.  I normally auto logon using the TV and manually logon with the HTS just to test things out.

I'll try later tonight when I'm home, unless anyone else can confirm sooner.

CBers

Not a bug but a feature request. When bringing up the chapter menu during playback using the tools menu, is there any chance you can at least include the time associated with each chapter point, the current implementation is a bit pointless without times. If you could it would also be nice to have the chapter image in this menu as well.

Thanks for all the hard work.

I requested that months ago, possibly then Chess was developing the app :)

• Like 2

FrostByte

Just curious how do the other apps do it?  I like the idea, but I'm thinking this could cause issues with people depending on how their chapters look already, so just wondering how it would be implemented.  Do they append the time, or use the time instead of the chapter names which already may exist in the video files?

I know there are some encoders like DVDFab which already put the chapter times into the chapter name tags automatically, so those people would see the time twice if it were appended.  I prefer Handbrake, but I mux the actual names of the chapters into the output mkv using files from http://chapterdb.org and I would lose those if the time replaced the chapter names (though I suppose I could live with that).  Also, sometime the chapter names get very long and are already chopped so appending doesn't do me much good unless you make those fields a lot bigger

Also, having just the time in the chapter names isn't going to solve everything.  I think you also need to know where you are in the movie when bringing up the chapters list.  For instance, if you want to jump one, or two chapters forward.  Even with the chapter times you can't see how far you are into the movie (unless you remembered to check before hitting the chapter menu) to know which chapter to jump to.  The app could display the time elapsed or better yet maybe highlight the chapter you are in now when bringing up the chapter list so you can gauge where to jump to.

cmcg

Some good thoughts. Agree that the size of the field is a problem, including for chapter images. It might be nice to display the position bar below with the chapter menu and have the green dot move along while you select a chapter.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

SamES

Does anyone else have trouble logging out to switch users in this release?  I can select the option but nothing happens.

I've tried to disable auto-login.  This brings me to the user screen on startup, but once I select a user, I can't logout.

Tried deleting the app, power-down and re-install but no change.

Nothing aside from the usual in the logs.

E-series of course.

Not sure if it's related, but when I exit the app, it feels like it crashes SmartHub.  I notice that after exiting it takes much longer than usual to start SmartHub and I have to wait for the develop user to login.  Normally after the first entry, SmartHub is much quicker to startup.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Does anyone else have trouble logging out to switch users in this release?  I can select the option but nothing happens.

It doesn't seem to do anything on my HTS (F-series hub) or TV (H-series hub).   It just brings me back to the Home Screen

OddbOd

It's related to code changes that cmcg made yesterday to prevent the client going back to the login page when the server responds with an error. The behaviour you're seeing is an unintended side-effect and will take him literally seconds to fix, just be patient.

• Like 1

FrostByte

just be patient.

Lol, I don't think anyone was being impatient.  Just confirming we're seeing the same thing

• Like 2

cmcg

Does anyone else have trouble logging out to switch users in this release? I can select the option but nothing happens.

I've tried to disable auto-login. This brings me to the user screen on startup, but once I select a user, I can't logout.

E-series of course.

Not sure if it's related, but when I exit the app, it feels like it crashes SmartHub. I notice that after exiting it takes much longer than usual to start SmartHub and I have to wait for the develop user to login. Normally after the first entry, SmartHub is much quicker to startup.

Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like I goofed!

Edit: Fixed for next beta. Not actually related to log in/out changes but an even simpler bug introduced because I changed the way it huddles menu items with a space in so that A-Z could be displayed correctly. The bug was so subtle I hadn't bothered to document that I fixed it.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

shorty1483

I've tried to disable auto-login.  This brings me to the user screen on startup, but once I select a user, I can't logout.

E-series of course.

Not sure if it's related, but when I exit the app, it feels like it crashes SmartHub.  I notice that after exiting it takes much longer than usual to start SmartHub and I have to wait for the develop user to login.  Normally after the first entry, SmartHub is much quicker to startup.

When updated to latest f version I thought I am the only one :)

• Like 2

Blueeyiz702

Well the iptv is working good now,and im still getting hung up when i watch the movies. But i can live with it,and BTW does anyone know of a good iptv premium channel provider. I have one but they are 

getting issues with some of the channels. I don't use box top,i need one that provides list that you can just us with iptv app on tv/ Anybody,thnak

Blueeyiz702

2.2.0f

User selectable highlight colour.

Time out when waiting for server during start-up.

Starts quicker.

Don't log user out on server error. @

Mark entire series watched. @@CBers @@FrostByte @@SamES @@speechles

Background not quite so dark. @@SilentAssassin

Screensaver now starts with 1000 images. @Dodgy Bob

Fixed: Fit movie posters to border when using CoverArt. @@SilentAssassin

Rename "All TV" to "Series".

Removed "Unwatched TV". API no longer supported.

TV no longer selected on home page. @@shorty1483

Support 4K H-Series TVs. @@gbone8106

Thanks,appreciate your work and quick fixes :D

CBers

2.2.0f version number is displayed really quick, but I never get the home screen loaded, it just sits there with a ribbon like image with just Exit and the time displayed.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled on my F8000 and all working again.

The app doesn't display the home screen, ever.

All I see is what I posted above, a ribbon image with just Exit and the time displayed.

Only thing I changed from default settings, was the HV2 to None.

Can't access the log, as I never get the home screen.

I'll uninstall and reinstall again and leave the HVs to the default settings.

CBers

2.2.0f version number is displayed really quick, but I never get the home screen loaded, it just sits there with a ribbon like image with just Exit and the time displayed.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled on my F8000 and all working again.

The app doesn't display the home screen, ever.

All I see is what I posted above, a ribbon image with just Exit and the time displayed.

Only thing I changed from default settings, was the HV2 to None.

Can't access the log, as I never get the home screen.

I'll uninstall and reinstall again and leave the HVs to the default settings.

OK, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and left the default settings, other than auto-login and the screensaver.

I can access the home screen each time I start the app now, so I'll see how it goes for a few days.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

cmcg

OK, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and left the default settings, other than auto-login and the screensaver.

I can access the home screen each time I start the app now, so I'll see how it goes for a few days.

Can you try to figure out what triggers the problem so that I can recreate it?

• Like 1

CBers

OK, I've started the app and it loaded without issue. So, I went into settings and changed HV2 to None and the app froze.

Couldn't do anything other than turn the TV off, which took a while!

I ended up with pulling the mains to turn the TV off.

I'll uninstall and reinstall again.

CBers

OK, just power cycled the TV and the app loaded without an issue, straight to the home screen. I didn't uninstall and reinstall.

HV2 is still set to None.

I'll keep using and report back.

SamES

OK, just power cycled the TV and the app loaded without an issue, straight to the home screen. I didn't uninstall and reinstall.

HV2 is still set to None.

I'll keep using and report back.

Do you have a copy of a server log file after it fails to load or kicks you out?  Was there one in an earlier post that I missed?

If you can send one through I'll try and look at this tonight

• Like 2

CBers

Do you have a copy of a server log file after it fails to load or kicks you out?  Was there one in an earlier post that I missed?

If you can send one through I'll try and look at this tonight

I had a look through it and couldn't see any errors or timeouts.

Next time it happens, I'll post a log.