Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

FrostByte

How do i get the logs off the tv besides taking a picture of it? I need to post log to show you problem im having.

Unfortunately, I believe that's the only way :(

Blueeyiz702

Keep getting kicked out and have to log back in when i try to view video bookmarks,was working then this started.

579a59d59ffe8_Beta220E.jpg

SamES

Keep getting kicked out and have to log back in when i try to view video bookmarks,was working then this started.

579a59d59ffe8_Beta220E.jpg

Somewhat similar to this post  http://emby.media/community/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=348854  Have you tried restarting the server and running the scan task manually a few times?  It may help.

• Like 2

Blueeyiz702

Somewhat similar to this post  http://emby.media/community/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=348854  Have you tried restarting the server and running the scan task manually a few times?  It may help.

No,but ill give that try right now and let you kno if it worked. thanks,i need to just buy a new setup.i think this Charlie Chaplen Era computer is causing most of problems. :o

Ran the scan twice like you suggested and still the same,and in web client when i go to video bookmarks,all it show is blank page.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

Ok guys i'm throwing this at you, i don't see where there is any support for iptv plugin,and when i click on dev's website it sends to embys website. So i had iptv working nicely on beta 2.2.0 E and on webclient. went back to check some channels i added and on webclient i get nothing but blank page with nothing showing. And on beta i login click channels go to video bookmarks,and click and it logs me out. i'm posting a screenshot of log off TV. Maybe one of you League of Extraordinary Gentleman can take a look. thanks,and you guys all Kick -Ass and maybe if Hillary Clinton had a emby server she wouldn't have got hacked. :o  :o

579b3e486d8fe_EmbyLogIPTV.jpg

Edited by blueeyiz7021

SilentAssassin

Ok guys i'm throwing this at you, i don't see where there is any support for iptv plugin,and when i click on dev's website it sends to embys website. So i had iptv working nicely on beta 2.2.0 E and on webclient. went back to check some channels i added and on webclient i get nothing but blank page with nothing showing. And on beta i login click channels go to video bookmarks,and click and it logs me out. i'm posting a screenshot of log off TV. Maybe one of you League of Extraordinary Gentleman can take a look. thanks,and you guys all Kick -Ass and maybe if Hillary Clinton had a emby server she wouldn't have got hacked. :o  :o

If you're saying you are not getting anything on the web client then that will be the problem, you need to fix that first. Maybe the plugin needs updating for the latest server versions.

Blueeyiz702

If you're saying you are not getting anything on the web client then that will be the problem, you need to fix that first. Maybe the plugin needs updating for the latest server versions.

Funny i went to check,and now there showing up,stay tuned in case in don't last.

Blueeyiz702

Well,i'm assuming something got fixed,cause the iptv plugin is working like a charm now on Beta 2.2.0 e  screenshot webclient and another from off samsung tv579c82d79af74_Screenshotbeta220e.jpg

579c81e6be29f_screenshotlocalhost8096201

• Like 3

FrostByte

It may have been what Sam mentioned.  I think it just takes awhile afterward to see the results

Blueeyiz702

It may have been what Sam mentioned.  I think it just takes awhile afterward to see the results

Thats what i was thinking,i think it takes longer that expected for it to refresh on webclient and on beta 2.2.0 e. But i noticed after the task to refresh channels ran couple times it worked really well.Plus it doesn't hurt that i have someone that makes exellent links that always work on iptv.

cmcg

Hey @

Thanks for testing some channels. Your mixed results are broadly in line with mine. Trailers and TuneIn Radio work well, others are a bit hit and miss. I think what I do need to do is handle errors more gracefully. In the past, a server error response was an uncommon event that is handled by logging out the user (and straight back in if you have auto-logon enabled). That's really an overreaction I think. I might try to replace it with a simple notification.

Blueeyiz702

Hey @

Thanks for testing some channels. Your mixed results are broadly in line with mine. Trailers and TuneIn Radio work well, others are a bit hit and miss. I think what I do need to do is handle errors more gracefully. In the past, a server error response was an uncommon event that is handled by logging out the user (and straight back in if you have auto-logon enabled). That's really an overreaction I think. I might try to replace it with a simple notification.

no problem cmcg,anything to help. And people that use a vpn like P.I.A like i do will run into some of the same problems i have. And here is why,the reason i'm not able to access the app remotely is i use P.I.A as my vpn. I can't use port 8096 in pia because its already in use. so here is the problem

when you connect the machine through VPN you are creating a private tunnel.  All traffic at that point is directed through the tunnel thus preventing any non private traffic from connecting. In short it's working exactly like it should.

And since i use torrents over VPN which typically uses random and rotating ports for connections,I'm stuck with having to leave the VPN down in order to access your machine remotely. So i'm just going to get a pia compatable router that lets me host my own vpn to use when i'm out and about and wanna use emby mobile. But,duh i should of known this,thats why i us pia,they are awesome. I'm going to get one of these routers,and it will solve the problem -  https://www.flashrouters.com/vpn-types/privateinternetaccess they have built in fire wall and you can setup vpn to connect both for outgoing,and host your own for remote access or incoming. no more problem.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

Hey @

And what i also found cmcg,is that i have a person that actually makes the iptv channels i use specific for emby for me. i pay him a few bucks and i get about 400 channels,not that i use them all,but hey football is coming soon. And you can never get enough of the Silver and Black.#RaidersNation :D  :lol:

SamES

no problem cmcg,anything to help. And people that use a vpn like P.I.A like i do will run into some of the same problems i have. And here is why,the reason i'm not able to access the app remotely is i use P.I.A as my vpn. I can't use port 8096 in pia because its already in use. so here is the problem

when you connect the machine through VPN you are creating a private tunnel.  All traffic at that point is directed through the tunnel thus preventing any non private traffic from connecting. In short it's working exactly like it should.

And since i use torrents over VPN which typically uses random and rotating ports for connections,I'm stuck with having to leave the VPN down in order to access your machine remotely. So i'm just going to get a pia compatable router that lets me host my own vpn to use when i'm out and about and wanna use emby mobile. But,duh i should of known this,thats why i us pia,they are awesome. I'm going to get one of these routers,and it will solve the problem -  https://www.flashrouters.com/vpn-types/privateinternetaccess they have built in fire wall and you can setup vpn to connect both for outgoing,and host your own for remote access or incoming. no more problem.

You don't connect to port 8096 to download the app, only to connect to your own server (or maybe I'm misunderstanding the statement)  PIA and VPN shouldn't impact which port numbers you can connect to anyway.  It should all work fine through the tunnel (mine does!)

Blueeyiz702

You don't connect to port 8096 to download the app, only to connect to your own server (or maybe I'm misunderstanding the statement)  PIA and VPN shouldn't impact which port numbers you can connect to anyway.  It should all work fine through the tunnel (mine does!)

how do you have your setup,is it possible to share yo setup with me? yhanks

cmcg

2.2.0f
User selectable highlight colour.
Time out when waiting for server during start-up.
Starts quicker.
Don't log user out on server error. @
Mark entire series watched. @@CBers @@FrostByte @@SamES @@speechles
Background not quite so dark. @@SilentAssassin
Screensaver now starts with 1000 images. @Dodgy Bob
Fixed: Fit movie posters to border when using CoverArt. @@SilentAssassin
Rename "All TV" to "Series".
Removed "Unwatched TV". API no longer supported.
TV no longer selected on home page. @@shorty1483
Support 4K H-Series TVs. @@gbone8106

• Like 7

FrostByte

Version 2.2.0f

Log file cuts off bottom of text on long lines

Edit: included pic

57a0a2d1ca75b_WP_20160802_002.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

cmcg

Version 2.2.0f

Log file cuts off bottom of text on long lines

Trying to get a picture, but my phone is messing up.

Oh, yeah. I did see that but forgot to fix it. It's the change in font.

• Like 1

FrostByte

2.2.0f

For the life of me I can't seem to get the app to show my "Playlist" thumb files.  This has been happening for awhile, so not new to this release.  I'm not seeing anything different between the Playlist thumb or primary images and the rest though (same size, etc)

57a0a8b61963b_WP_20160802_004.jpg

CBers

2.2.0f version number is displayed really quick, but I never get the home screen loaded, it just sits there with a ribbon like image with just Exit and the time displayed.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall.

CBers

2.2.0f version number is displayed really quick, but I never get the home screen loaded, it just sits there with a ribbon like image with just Exit and the time displayed.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall.

Uninstalled and reinstalled on my F8000 and all working again.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Okay this is a new for me

Version 2.2.0f

If you don't auto login the text from the next screen overlays the splash screen.  If autologin is enabled you don't see it.

I've attached a pic.  I know, I know it's really bad, but if you look close enough you can see some of the text from the next screen on top.  It's more noticeable on the screen itself where you can see all the text

57a0f9a9ad404_splash.jpg