Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

Good day,

Any more like srt file to provide or log to see if a solution will be in the future build.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

FrostByte

Good day,

Any more like srt file to provide or log to see if a solution will be in the future build.

Thanks in advanced.

My best

Can you upload the srt file?  Cmcg may need that to test and I can try it on my system also to see what it is doing.  Thanks

Can you upload the srt file?  Cmcg may need that to test and I can try it on my system also to see what it is doing.  Thanks

Good day,

Here some example:

21.ara.zip

My best

• Like 1

cmcg

Web client...

5764f7c7d53c6_WebClient.png

Samsung F8000 (sorry about camera flash)

5764f87e6e7b0_SamsungF8000.jpg

Does this demonstrate the problem @@Abobader ?

I have tried replacing the font with one recommended for Arabic display but still the letters come out separate.

The problems is that I can not reproduce the problem in the Samsung emulator so it might be an issue with the TV firmware...

Samsung Emulator

5764f97260337_SamsungEmulator.png

• Like 1

Good day Cmcg,

Yes buddy, the web client the correct, the second image the problem I am facing.

Did you tried the "MS-ARAB" set, because that what I mostly used when I add remux the subtitle (srt) with MKVToolNix, but it not always the case as you see in this example:

Not correct:

5765788c7cbec_20160618_193142.jpg

Correct:

576578b94df5c_20160618_193243.jpg

But our issue here not that indeed, it display the correct character set, but it separated it.

I notice as I post before that choosing the "internal" arabic subtitles in the subtitle option will simply freeze the option and will not selected.

Regarding maybe the issue from the Samsung firmware issue, when I test it with DLNA for internal subtitles, it display it without any problem, as I post about it in #3 issue:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/35892-dlna-issue/

Thanks for testing this issue, well done buddy.

My best

cmcg

Interesting, so maybe the Evo kits improves redering of Arabic text. That would explain why I don't see the problem in the PC emulator.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ya, Samsung must have fixed it in 2014 since we all basically have the same tv and it's still broke when running from my HTS.  I've never used DLNA much, but guessing the server is burning in the subtitle before sending it which is why it looks good using DLNA

el_jimbo84

Hi guys, I've just installed the 2.2.0b app on a Samsung UE46F6400. The app installed fine and is working, but on the main screen I'm missing options at the top and also the second home view (attached pic of it on my TV compared to the one off the youtube video). Downloaded the app from the 82.x.x.x address at the start of the page, and the splash screen shows I'm on latest version.

Have tried checking TV settings whilst in the app, but can't edit the aspect ratio to see if it's just on the wrong setting as the TV stops you from changing the settings when in the app. Not sure if I've missed something or if it's not supported on this TV like the one in the video?

post-141258-0-42959400-1466808532_thumb.jpg

post-141258-0-83375500-1466808538_thumb.png

FrostByte

Hi guys, I've just installed the 2.2.0b app on a Samsung UE46F6400. The app installed fine and is working, but on the main screen I'm missing options at the top and also the second home view (attached pic of it on my TV compared to the one off the youtube video). Downloaded the app from the 82.x.x.x address at the start of the page, and the splash screen shows I'm on latest version.

Have tried checking TV settings whilst in the app, but can't edit the aspect ratio to see if it's just on the wrong setting as the TV stops you from changing the settings when in the app. Not sure if I've missed something or if it's not supported on this TV like the one in the video?

I had something similar with my HTS.  I believe I had to go to the hub first and then change the aspect ratio from there before entering the app.  Also, check the Hub size setting if there is one on your device.

el_jimbo84

thanks for the tip, nothing seems to work though unfortunately. When I change the picture size from the hub menu, nothing changes in the app. Still the same view no matter which ratio I choose. I've set the picture to use 'screen fit' across all sources, but it doesn't seem to be applying in the app.

At least it is working I guess and the playback seems unaffected so far.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Took me forever to figure mine out and unfortunately all devices have different hub settings.  From the hub on my HTS I had to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 Original and hub size to 4 and set it to "Current Source only" so I wasn't effecting broadcast tv, etc.  I had to configure settings for the HDMI source my Xbox One is on also so I didn't want settings to cross over to the different sources

You're correct it's just the app itself which runs off the page, streaming is not effected

Edited by FrostByte

cmcg

Hi. It looks as though you have no photos or music on your server and so those menus are not displayed on the client. Home view two is not showing because it "falls" off the bottom when you have half watched shows to continue watching. Finish watching 2012 (or just press the green button to mark it watched) and then both home views will display. You can disable "Continue Watching" in settings if you prefer.

yudicuba

Hi guys,

I’m having some problems with some films 3d.hsbs

Sometimes I have like a line in the middle of the screen when 3D is on

The funny thing is same film don’t do it all the time ;)

Yesterday I have tried San andreas and I had this problem this morning have tried again and nothing happens (nothing was changed in the server or tv settings) Here’s a picture to explain what’s happening  

picture and media info are from Terminator Genisys (same problem)

Any ideas ?

57710daf327bd_P1010051.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help

Server Version 3.1.6008.25309

Player : Samsung HTJ 7750W

Samsung app installed on HT J7750W version: 2.2.0b

media info :

eneral
Unique ID                   : 192073867990624171245853550208714540153 (0x908014D5F549E07957DDC971C3F80479)
Complete name               : S:\Films\Terminator Genisys (2015)\Terminator Genisys (2015).3d.hsbs.mkv
Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                   : 8.74 GiB
Duration                    : 2h 5mn
Overall bit rate            : 9 958 Kbps
Encoded date                : UTC 2015-09-27 09:39:40
Writing application         : mkvmerge v7.6.0 ('Garden of Dreams') 64bit built on Feb  8 2015 15:43:43
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames   : 5 frames
Codec ID                    : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                    : 9 318 Kbps
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 808 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.251
Stream size                 : 8.18 GiB (94%)
Writing library             : x264 core 148 r2597 e86f3a1
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=18 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=9318 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AC-3
Format/Info                 : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension              : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID                    : A_AC3
Bit rate mode               : Constant
Bit rate                    : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                  : 6 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate               : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                  : 31.250 fps (1536 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 575 MiB (6%)
Title                       : VFQ EAC3 5.1
Language                    : French
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Menu
00:00:00.000                : en:00:00:00.000
00:07:40.335                : en:00:07:40.335
00:14:20.735                : en:00:14:20.735
00:20:31.564                : en:00:20:31.564
00:27:48.417                : en:00:27:48.417
00:34:54.801                : en:00:34:54.801
00:41:02.627                : en:00:41:02.627
00:46:28.786                : en:00:46:28.786
00:53:05.516                : en:00:53:05.516
01:01:00.240                : en:01:01:00.240
01:08:22.557                : en:01:08:22.557
01:14:43.813                : en:01:14:43.813
01:21:31.261                : en:01:21:31.261
01:31:01.706                : en:01:31:01.706
01:38:42.750                : en:01:38:42.750
01:45:41.085                : en:01:45:41.085
01:52:48.971                : en:01:52:48.971
01:58:00.115                : en:01:58:00.115

Edited by yudicuba

Tuffnutz

For some reason i cant connect to my server through the beta ip address you provided anyone else having this issue?

SilentAssassin

For some reason i cant connect to my server through the beta ip address you provided anyone else having this issue?

are you putting the IP of your server or the one provided in the first post? The one in the first post is for downloading the beta app. Once downloaded and the app is asking for server connection details you need to be entering your server IP.

Tuffnutz

are you putting the IP of your server or the one provided in the first post? The one in the first post is for downloading the beta app. Once downloaded and the app is asking for server connection details you need to be entering your server IP.

the one in the post i have installed this app on a few tv's before no dramas but for some reason im having problems with the beta and the stable release this time its like the screen only partially loads for me example i use to be able to the the button colours at the buttom of the screen for delete all space settings enter and return but it just has an img error for each button has me baffled to be honest stable and better release are the same i enter log in details says please wait and goes back to the enter ip and port screen again

FrostByte

Appears to be up now.  I just reinstalled the app from the .58 address on my HTS with no problems

FrostByte

Server Version 3.1.6008.25309

Player : Samsung HTJ 7750W

Samsung app installed on HT J7750W version: 2.2.0b

Your 3d file appears to be good looking at the mediainfo.  I just played a movie with similar mediainfo and had no issues on my TV - though I don't play a lot of 3d movies so can't say for sure there isn't some sort of intermittent problem. 

The one thing I noticed is that your HTS is a j-series model.  I believe the Samsung j-series HTS are not using the new Tizen OS like their TVs which is why you can install it, but I don't believe cmcg is using the 2015 SDK to write the app.   I think he is using the 2014 SDK which supports up to and including h-series devices.  That may be the cause of some irregularities in running the app for you.  He would have to confirm which SDK he is using though

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

agraves

Is anyone having problems with the app freezing on the splash screen after restart?

I am still having this issue as of 2.2.0b (I used to have it with the stable thread but with the most recent one it seemed to have been resolved).

2015 H model

First time I launch EMBY after turning my TV on it goes to the "loading screen" then to a black screen and after about a minute the "Smart TV" logo comes up and it goes back to live TV.  If I load it again, it seems to load OK most of the time, although I've been playing with it and it is working every OTHER time now.  The full-screen splash-screen never shows up it goes from "Loading" to black for about a minute then almost like it reboots the TV (Except I don't have to wait past the annoying "Preparing the TV, please try again later" interval, I can immediately load EMBY.  

OK, having said that, this last time, I got the "Preparing TV" on the second try and it crashed again, it took three tries to load successfully.

I know when it's going to work because the "Loading" screen with the spinning ring stays up a lot longer.  When it's going to crash it seems to go to black relatively quickly.  Also, it seems if I get the dreaded "Preparing TV" message it's definitely not going to work.

Edited by agraves

cmcg

A new build. I wanted to move the visual style a little closer to Emby Theatre in this version. I hope you like it. Sound off if you don't!

There is a lovely, crisp new font. It looks great of my F8000. This is a change in that it's accessed from the Internet instead of the font file being local. Let me know if that gives anyone an issue.

2.2.0c
Colours and styles slightly more like Emby Theatre. (Square corners, dark background, green borders etc.)
Use internet fonts.
Larger posters on the home screen.
Improved display of items in the trailers channel.
Added h.265/HEVC media icon.
Page up/down in the TV Guide.
Fix banner menu in LiveTV.

• Like 4

FrostByte

A new build. I wanted to move the visual style a little closer to Emby Theatre in this version. I hope you like it. Sound off if you don't!

There is a lovely, crisp new font. It looks great of my F8000. This is a change in that it's accessed from the Internet instead of the font file being local. Let me know if that gives anyone an issue.

2.2.0c

Colours and styles slightly more like Emby Theatre. (Square corners, dark background, green borders etc.)

Use internet fonts.

Added h.265/HEVC media icon.

Bug?  I don't believe the HEVC media icon code took.   At least I can't find the code for HEVC in the file GuiPage_ItemDetails.js (or is it somewhere else?) and I don't see any HEVC icon being displayed within the app.

1202 		//VideoCodec	 
1203 		case "h264": 
1204 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_h264.png)></div>"; 
1205 			break; 
1206 		case "mpeg4": 
1207 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_mpeg4visual.png)></div>"; 
1208 			break;	 
1209 		//AspectRatios	 

I like the green borders, helps distinguish the highlighted poster

I haven't seen any slowness with downloading any fonts yet

Thanks cmcg, looks good

Edited by FrostByte