Beta 2.2.0

cmcg

cmcg

A new beta version is available. This can be installed by using the IP address 82.27.106.58 in place of the standard address for installation.

Standard install instructions are available here.

Version 2.2 includes Live TV and Internet Channels. These features are still pretty rough at present so your feedback is welcomed. It may even be that Live TV gets delayed until 2.3 if we've some features and bug fixes that should be rolled up into the release version sooner rather than later.

Here's the full change log...

2.2.0a
Internet channel support (experimental)
Recorded TV and Live channels (highly experimental!)
DTS-HD HRA and DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio enabled on H series and F series.
New setting: Allow Evo Kit owners to override the model year value.
Support for H.264 variable frame rates.
Support frame rate up to 60pfs at 720p on H-Series.
Fixed: "Unset (mixed content)" Showing in Movies.

• Like 9

fc7

Will start to test this tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrostByte

2.2.0a

New setting: Allow Evo Kit owners to override the model year value.

I believe there is a bug in the H-series transcoding params when dealing with HEVC files.  As far as I know HEVC = H265.  Anyhow, H-series and SEK2000 do support level 5.1 with HEVC/H265 and when I play them they transcode in the app, but play from usb fine with no transcoding.  According to the app's log file on the tv HEVC L5 and L5.1 video files are not compatible and are transcoded because of the Level is too high

Sever transcoding logs at link below (can take a pic of Samsung logs if needed)

http://pastebin.com/Gf1wEixD

Media info for example HEVC L5 input file

575638052d8c0_hevc2.jpg

Emby media info identifies the codec for all H265 files as HEVC.  Notice the Level is identified as 150 for the same L5 file shown above.  That's because you need to use x30 vs H264 which is x10

575642401ce32_mediainfo3.jpg

Looking at the code there is a H265 and a HEVC section though they are the same thing.   Case H265 I believe can be deleted since Emby uses HEVC and not H265 as the codec (or just leave that section in though it probably won't ever get used).  Notice the code says 51 for case H265 which doesn't match what is says for HEVC which should say 153 then to equal L5.1

48     	    case "hevc":    	     
49     	    	this.codec = true; 
50     	    	this.container = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"]; 
51     	    	this.resolution = [1920,1080]; 
52     	    	this.bitrate = 50720000; 
53     	    	this.framerate = 30; 
54     	    	this.level = 120;			//  Level 4  (HEVC is x30 not x10 like h264) 
55     	    	this.profile = ["Base","Constrained Baseline","Baseline","Main","High"]; 
56     	    	break;			 
57     	    case "h265": 
58     	    	this.codec = true; 
59     	    	this.container = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"]; 
60     	    	this.resolution = [1920,1080]; 
61     	    	this.bitrate = 50720000; 
62     	    	this.framerate = 30; 
63     	    	this.level = 51; 
64     	    	this.profile = ["Base","Constrained Baseline","Baseline","Main","High"]; 
65     	    	break; 

I believe if I'm reading the code correctly if line 54 were changed to "153" (5.1 x 30 = 153) then HEVC up to L5.1  wouldn't get transcoded anymore.​

54     	    	this.level = 153;			//  Level 5.1  (HEVC is x30 not x10 like h264) 
  • Like 1

CBers

A new beta version is available.

Will test it tomorrow when I'm home from a business trip.

cmcg

I believe if I'm reading the code correctly if line 54 were changed to "153" (5.1 x 30 = 153) then HEVC up to L5.1  wouldn't get transcoded anymore.​

54     	    	this.level = 153;			//  Level 5.1  (HEVC is x30 not x10 like h264) 

Agreed. Fixed for 2.2.0b

• Like 2

cmcg

Changed for 2.2.0b.

For E, F and H.

case "dca":
   this.audiocodec = true;
   this.audiocontainer = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"];
   this.audiochannels = 8;
  • Like 4

cmcg

Is anyone having problems with the app freezing on the splash screen after restart?

SamES

Not noticed anything on E-series with Beta Server Version 3.1.12.0

Edited by SamES

FrostByte

Is anyone having problems with the app freezing on the splash screen after restart?

I was having that issue until recently and haven't seen it this week yet after loading the new beta app and beta server releases.  In the past it would take up to 3 times to finally get past the splash screen.  I kind of linked it to the first time I used the app after a server scan, but not 100% that was the culprit or not.

cmcg

Thanks. I was worried becaue we made changes to the setting file, but it looks like a coincidence.

CBers

Yes.

Seems to take 2 or 3 attempts to load the app.

Always has been an issue, but have always put it down to a server side issue, which is being discussed elsewhere.

CBers

Three attempt and still not loaded.

So slow the screensaver starts!

I've now deleted the app and reinstalled it and it loaded first time.

CBers

Initial observations.

Unable to use the Program Up/Down button on my remote to page through the TV guide.

Can't jump to a specific channel number.

Lots of shows in the TV guide show as Live, even though I know they're not.

If I page too many pages, the guide disappears and all I get at the top of the screen, is GUIDE, CHANNELS and RECORDINGS stacked in top of each other.

:)

• Like 1

cmcg

Some little fixes. Thanks for your input. These are the kinds of fixes we could not do without a community.

I was right about that start up freeze. Just a null value error related to that Unset (mixed content) fix in the last release.

2.2.0b
Fixed: Correct HVEC level to reduce transcoding on H-Series.
DTS-HD 7.1 audio enabled on E, F and H series.
Fixed: Freeze on start up when View 2 equals None.

• Like 3

FrostByte

The H265 works now, thanks

DTS 7.1 plays fine also

I don't use LiveTV or IP channels so can't test any of that

Did shorty make a H265 icon by chance?  Could you add that next time?  Not a biggie though if there isn't one.

FrostByte

Good day,

So we used this build in this thread instead of this:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277345&do=findComment&comment=277345

Thanks in advanced.

My best

Nice, glad to see you got it running.  The one at the top of this thread is the latest beta.  You can just load the beta in this thread over the one you already loaded if you wish to use the new capabilities listed by cmcg.  The beta seems to be very stable on my TV except maybe the IP and Live channel stuff which I don't really use.  Otherwise I would just wait until this version is released to the other server.

• Like 1

cmcg

Good day,

So we used this build in this thread instead of this:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277345&do=findComment&comment=277345

Thanks in advanced.

My best

Yes, I recommend the build in this thread over the current stable release. Any instability should be confined to Channels and Live TV, while the normal media library has a few fixes that improve server compatibility and reduce transcoding. 

• Like 1

Nice, glad to see you got it running.  The one at the top of this thread is the latest beta.  You can just load the beta in this thread over the one you already loaded if you wish to use the new capabilities listed by cmcg.  The beta seems to be very stable on my TV except maybe the IP and Live channel stuff which I don't really use.  Otherwise I would just wait until this version is released to the other server.

Yes, I recommend the build in this thread over the current stable release. Any instability should be confined to Channels and Live TV, while the normal media library has a few fixes that improve server compatibility and reduce transcoding. 

Many thanks my friends and well done.

shorty1483

Did shorty make a H265 icon by chance? Could you add that next time? Not a biggie though if there isn't one.

Yes HEVC was included if I'm right

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks, I see codec_h265.png in the images folder on GitHub now

Looks like we just need a 'case "HEVC":' statement under the VideoCodec section then:

1187 GuiPage_ItemDetails.processMediaInfo = function(itemsArray) { 
1188 	var htmlToAdd = ""; 
1189 	alert("itemsArray.length: "+itemsArray.length); 
1190 	for (var index = 0; index < itemsArray.length; index++) { 
1191 		switch (itemsArray[index]) { 
1192 		//Container 
1193 		case "mkv": 
1194 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_mkv-2.png)></div>"; 
1195 			break; 
1196 		case "avi": 
1197 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_avi-2.png)></div>"; 
1198 			break; 
1199 		case "mp4": 
1200 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_mp4.png)></div>"; 
1201 			break;	 
1202 		//VideoCodec	 
1203 		case "h264": 
1204 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_h264.png)></div>"; 
1205 			break; 
1206 		case "mpeg4": 
1207 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_mpeg4visual.png)></div>"; 
1208 			break;	 
Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

Good day,

Same thing in this beta as well the released one.

All fine, but the arabic subtitle (for external) show it as un connected character set like in english:

a b c d ... etc

Internal it do not show at all and it some times freeze the options to select other subtitles.

Here the logs for that testing:

logs.zip

My best

cmcg

Thanks, I see codec_h265.png in the images folder on GitHub now

Looks like we just need a 'case "HEVC":' statement under the VideoCodec section then:

1187 GuiPage_ItemDetails.processMediaInfo = function(itemsArray) { 
1188 	var htmlToAdd = ""; 
1189 	alert("itemsArray.length: "+itemsArray.length); 
1190 	for (var index = 0; index < itemsArray.length; index++) { 
1191 		switch (itemsArray[index]) { 
1192 		//Container 
1193 		case "mkv": 
1194 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_mkv-2.png)></div>"; 
1195 			break; 
1196 		case "avi": 
1197 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_avi-2.png)></div>"; 
1198 			break; 
1199 		case "mp4": 
1200 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/media_mp4.png)></div>"; 
1201 			break;	 
1202 		//VideoCodec	 
1203 		case "h264": 
1204 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_h264.png)></div>"; 
1205 			break; 
1206 		case "mpeg4": 
1207 			htmlToAdd += "<div class='mediaInfo' style=background-image:url(images/MediaInfo/codec_mpeg4visual.png)></div>"; 
1208 			break;	 

Done.

• Like 2