DLNA search

josch.hh

josch.hh

It seems that emby is supporting the DLNA/UPNP search function.

At least for example the iOS app PlugPlayer gives me search field, which is normally not the case if the server isn't support this.

But when i search the result is crap.

Is this functionality really implemented?

josch.hh

Sorry, i can't help with that kind of description.

So i try it again:

I want to search the content of my emby dlna server via an app. In this case PlugPlayer.

This app only shows its search field if the dlna exposes the ability to search its content.

But if i enter whatever search string i don't get the expeced result.

It is for example working with minidlna.

• 1 year later...

DLNA search isn't working for me either.  I have tested it on 2 devices.  On both of them, I get the entire list of tracks returned no matter what I search for--even if I search for a term that should result in 0 records returned.

• 2 years later...
adamtoth

Hello,

Old thread bump here...

Any updates on DLNA/UPNP Search capability? When I connect to the Emby DLNA server from my Yamaha AV Receiver, I don't get a search capability (connecting to other DLNA servers does). Since I have a really large music library, scrolling through Artists/Albums/Songs is just not practical. 

Just wondering if there has been any progress on implementing this, or any plans to support this? Thanks!

Hello,

Old thread bump here...

Any updates on DLNA/UPNP Search capability? When I connect to the Emby DLNA server from my Yamaha AV Receiver, I don't get a search capability (connecting to other DLNA servers does). Since I have a really large music library, scrolling through Artists/Albums/Songs is just not practical. 

Just wondering if there has been any progress on implementing this, or any plans to support this? Thanks!

We've already added support for it. What year is the receiver?