LiveTV recordings convert to MP4 not working

allen00se

allen00se

hi, please provide the server log as well. thanks

Hi luke, I updated the original post with the new log.

allen00se

See if it happens again on the latest beta server. Thanks.

Still does not work, I attached new log files. Here is the 

2016-06-15 08:29:36.9916 Info MediaEncoder: Killing ffmpeg process
2016-06-15 08:29:36.9916 Error App: Error in ffprobe
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.1.22.0
Command line: C:\Users\krys\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\krys\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\krys\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null.
System.ApplicationException
  at MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.<GetMediaInfoInternal>d__4.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<GetMediaInfo>d__9.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.<ProbeVideo>d__0`1.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<RunCustomProvider>d__66.MoveNext()

2016-06-15 08:29:37.0216 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/75036/4292369.jpg
2016-06-15 08:29:38.0016 Info MediaEncoder: Killing ffmpeg process

logs.zip

I think something is causing disruption with your HDHR such as a momentary signal drop and we're just going to have to make the recording process more resilient to handle that.

allen00se

I think something is causing disruption with your HDHR such as a momentary signal drop and we're just going to have to make the recording process more resilient to handle that.

Interesting theory, could possibly debug by doing a standard recording then transcoding manually? or sharing one of my recordings with one of the developers?

yes try recording without re-encoding, although it could still happen there, probably less likely.

allen00se

yes try recording without re-encoding, although it could still happen there, probably less likely.

Recording without the convert to mp4 works just fine.

denz

I noticed all the recordings that are converted have too many corruptions to be watchable so I have disabled and all recordings are perfect.

Guest asrequested

I'm getting a similar problem. With conversion enabled, just seconds after the recording starts, it stops.

CovertJaguar

Similar to denz, I also tried mp4 conversion for about a week. It consistently produced sub-par video (visual artifacts) so I disabled it as well.

However, I think at least part of the problem was related to available processing power during the recording. Perhaps somewhat unwisely, my recording PC is also the PC I play games on. So I can't really complain if that is causing issues.

denz

My pc is also not very powerful that was my guess why there is so many artifects its the pc that runs wmc perfectly and so does emby as well on it.