Losing connection to the emby server

kodibart

kodibart

I'm running emby on my imac. When I want to start a movie or tv show from my android kodi app It wont find the server unless I get up, walk up to the imac and move a little the mousecursor so the screen wakes up. Is there a way to let the emby server stay awake even when the screen of the imac is black?.The Imac stays on 24/7

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I think that is a coincidence. If the machine is on then i can't see why the screen would matter, unless the operating system is suspending the application. We can look into how to prevent that from happening. In the meantime as a workaround i would suggest looking at your system idle settings.

kodibart

Only when I go to sleep I put the imac in Hibernate. Only then it's ok the emby server also gets to sleep

Any other time the imac stays up , but for screen protection after 10 minutes idle the screen turns dark. For some reason when that happen I cannot connect from a emby client.  Once a client gets connected it stays even when the emby server seems to go into sleepmode

I would love to give my energy saving settings but they are all in dutch and don't know the correct translation

• 4 weeks later...

I've posted the mac version of the new release a little early so that new users can start getting it now. You can grab it from the website if you'd like to try it:

http://emby.media/mac-server.html

The release is not up on the blog yet but you can read the changelist from the latest beta:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

Lots of performance improvements, bug fixes, and a few new features. Enjoy.

• 3 years later...
ickam89@gmail.com

I have the exact same issue. The mac was set to never sleep and since I installed Emby it goes to sleep when it feels like it.

Edit

For whatever reason, the mac was set to go to sleep even though I don't remember setting that.

Edited by ickam89@gmail.com

• 5 months later...

I have this exact same problem. The only thing checked off in energy saver is "wake for network access" and it is set to turn the display off after 10 minutes. When the display is off, embly won't connect. I shake awake, embly client connects and even if the server screen sleeps during a connection it's fine. This is not a horrible problem, just kind of annoying. It is also easily replicable and easily remedied, but I would love a permanent fix that doesn't involve never sleeping my screen.

Thanks,

Limore

• 3 weeks later...