[HELP] last update not working [Crashing]

Anthony24

Anthony24

keeps crashing or auto closing itself, its up in my dashboard but after selecting either configuring or library, the icon vanishes, and very slow to load the page anymore. No longer in my "Task Manager" either, need help, driving me nuts/headace. Running an i7. Already rebooted my pc, this has been happening to me with'n that last week after updating.

Log's:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jhm8qn6psbhc3m/AAAI6A_N4lq5TXLsMAQb9C8ra?dl=0

put the last 4mins in latest. 6/5/16 12am-12:05pm

ps, also now takes to long to load library and configuring.

Edited by Anthony24

We're looking into that. in the meantime, you can work around it by disabling the automatic port mapper under advanced -> hosting.

With the port mapper disabled, you may need to manually configure your router in order to access the server away from home.  Check out our wiki on Connectivity for tips on how to do that:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Anthony24

We're looking into that. in the meantime, you can work around it by disabling the automatic port mapper under advanced -> hosting.

With the port mapper disabled, you may need to manually configure your router in order to access the server away from home.  Check out our wiki on Connectivity for tips on how to do that:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Really hard to do that when even that won't load, every once in a while i see the page, i like to redownload the old versions of emby bc i already deleted and my server is no longer working, next time, i will not update it bc this is a pain in the ass to get it working and stop with the auto shut down. this is frustrating.

bc now i have no server.

Edited by Anthony24

• 2 weeks later...
Anthony24

ok, but i Just don't get why it will auto close on me by selecting on any of the options on my OS X, i even clicked on "Visit Community" option, my safari did not open and emby auto closed itself, even in my "Activity Monitor" says its running but selecting anything from the icon, it disappears from both places.

I just don't understand why this is happening now. is there somewhere in the settings to delete without affecting my library? (I have some shows I have are locked) other than uninstalling and reinstalling the app bc i've done that several times with no solutions.

But I'll try the link. probably 3-4 weeks back sounds like a good safe side. I just know that before the refresh design, it did work and then it didn't.

Anthony24

is the issue isolated to the tray icon? if so try avoiding that and just enter the url in the browser. http://localhost:8096. We'll test that for the next release. Thanks.

tried that already, says Safari Can't Connect to Server after the icon disappears, even the processor ends as well, might test on my new machine soon on another OS X and see if there's any problems there.

few hrs ago....Now it works then tried a few hrs later, it didn't work and now it works again after removing and reinstalling again.

Edited by Anthony24

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted the mac version of the new release a little early so that new users can start getting it now. You can grab it from the website if you'd like to try it:

http://emby.media/mac-server.html

The release is not up on the blog yet but you can read the changelist from the latest beta:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

Lots of performance improvements, bug fixes, and a few new features. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Anthony24

didn't respond bc i was on vaca and forgot to switch ip in my router to connect to my server while away but now I'm home and was working but still had a little issues, after installing that link above, the app won't run, i see in my terminal for 2 seconds and then it disappears without doing anything. I'm running on my new and fresh on a different OS X mac and doesn't work for me. can't access localhost with no emby app running by the clock.

Logs #2 zip file

Dropbox

Went back to my last pkg file i still have and instead of clicking on icon, i went to local host and my outside ip works but it won't display my media, constantly loading now even in localhost. not sure which version thou, sometime before June 30.

Edited by Anthony24

go to 

/Users/anthonyjames/.config/emby-server/data

and delete the library.db file. then start the server back up.

Anthony24

I think i somehow fixed it, and i haven't deleted from that location yet but I did start coping my previous server [the folder emby-server] and settings from that mac to this mac, was afraid to touch the icon and been using the address bar for a while, now I can click my icon without vanishing. :D

Wondering why it was still doing that when I just installed it like that on a different mac pc with no settings, I didn't even start thinking on copy the emby folder yet when i had issues scanning my files and just failing, that's when I moved the new embryo files to my desktop and copied from my old mac with the server shutdown to this mac which now has my drives in and able to scan my drives.

I'm going to start making an emby backup for every update just in case something like this ever happens again and then install the update. Everything works fine now and I I'm not gonna delete the "Library.db" file just yet but I will remember the next time around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those still having issues, I would 

Move "emby-server" to desktop 

delete emby fully

install emby

edit that new emby-server folder into ".old"

put or copy that folder back to ".config" -the file you put onto your desktop

and run your server and instead of hitting icon, goto localhost for about 2 days time and then test out clicking the icon again.

Again, this won't delete anything you did in emby, passwords, users, collection, etc will still be intact bc this work for me.

"edit #1" delete Library.db and rescan your library, may take some time depending how much you have, took me an hr to hr 1/2 for 387 tv series and 223 Movies.

Edited by Anthony24

Anthony24

ok, so few hrs later, i'm guessing around 5hrs later, i couldn't connect from another pc so i click the icon, vanished, so i tried your way by deleting the library, took an hr to rescan my library but everything seems to be working now.

old library.db size 152.6MB

New library.db size 123.5MB

hoping it'll stop this auto vanishing thing for good. but from one mac to another was to me was a good idea thou. I'll just edit that out then.

Anthony24

ok now after i don't know what but my mac somehow rebooted itself and now when i try to access emby, the icon disappears, i remove the library.db to the desktop when the icon wasn't up and yet after clicking on the icon, it still disappears. So there's gotta be something else causing it to shut down like this.

Logs#2

haven't updated the new emby release yet. working fine about when i left my house at roughly around 2pm et today. 7:30pm total crash.

Was plan'n to watch Rio since it being on commercial tv right now.

ps, now it works after putting the library.db back in the data folder and pulling it out again, now its working. Is there something corrupted in my library.db file or some other file to keep crashing like this? was recording it to see if it crashes and somehow i failed to fail emby crashing and its working. *slamming my head against the wall* (not really but what it feels like)

Edited by Anthony24

Anthony24

That's what I did and now having problems with the new update.

Here's a video and yes, before the update it was working and this is what's been happening along with other people, nothing loading with the processor terminated, icon disappearing.

It is really frustrating that I have no idea what to do except for going back with whatever file i know that's 80% will work but comes down to the same issue.

4min video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4k3qcw

also watch for the icons name of options change as well.

Edited by Anthony24

Anthony24

vid 2, moved all files one at a time to find the folder what was the issue, then i moved everything out of the folder to desktop, still crashes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4k7g3t

Right now i went back to one of the old version I knows working or at least semi working but not touching the icon again but I still don't under stand the reason why this is happening.

I deleted the "library.db" file and including everything in the "emby-server" folder and yet in the video, Emby will still crash.

I just start from literally start from scratch including usernames and re-added the folders, disconnected the internet so it'll get the files loaded up already there and certain files I locked from getting change are still locked and everything seems to be working a ok right now but afraid to update and probably will never update again unless I wanna waist 1-12 hrs redoing everything.

So at the moment from scratch, its working. something is really screwed up in the configuration internally and not from "emby-server" folder and not the "library.db" file either.

Anthony24

Thanks, gave me 3.0.6000.0 instead but works perfectly and more stable now. I tested out on my last mac before updating my server that has all my files, works!  B) B) B) B) 

Whatever changes you guys made really works now.

• 1 month later...
Anthony24

Having issues again, last month or so either is loading to long from the host showing the tv shows that i usually fix it by rescanning my files again to show them, so i close it out and having issues loading the dashboard now.

I would hate to do this by use a windows pc and localize my network across 2 pc's to locate the files from this pc to get it working bc this is ridiculous why it keeps constant crashing. If not a raspberry pi as my emby server and have access my files from the host pc that has all my files.

Do you have OS X and crashes on you or your team?

I already reseted everything and may had to reorganize by certain shows by name but this is driving me nuts.

Edited by Anthony24

• 2 weeks later...
Anthony24

Here you go, still constant crashing and very slow and half the page is now half loading, broken page like one of you plugins get in the way and doesn't show correctly.

Logs from then till now, I've rename my library.db, also removed and installed the newest emby. can't even scan (apx. 42%) half before it freaks out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nng3ltj3unc24lw/logs3.zip?dl=0

planning on getting a raspberry Pi 3 to use as my server and my mac will be hosting my videos, really getting bad headache of trying to make this dam thing work.

i3 4330, 12GB 1600, OSX 10.11.5

Edited by Anthony24

Ok, I see the crashing is coming from the device discovery layer. That whole part of the server has been rewritten for the next release and is going to be much lighter on it's feet. I don't think that will be a problem anymore.

Also, I need to get sqlite updated to the latest version for the OSX release, and that should result in a pretty dramatic improvement in performance.

• Like 1

Anthony24

Seemed to be faster, after trying to scan and went to the other pages to see if it was still working, its stuck rescanning my library and settings, stopped loading in the interface. Keep seeing the processor around 99%-115.1%

Logs 4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9aot3it7duxbriz/logs4.zip?dl=0

I'll try and report everyday to 3 days and hopefully we can figure something out to stop crashing, I've been going to url router ip/ local & /modem ip and not touching the icon.

Edited by Anthony24