Crystal Theme - Navigation Weirdness

ulrick65

ulrick65

In the Crystal theme (which by the way is pretty cool) the Navigation seems a bit weird on the poster view because of the way the information on the right continue to change back and forth (between director and rating / Genre and star rating).  If I arrow right to go up and change the view, if I am not fast enough when the information changes it dumps the focus back to the left to to the rightmost poster.  If I happen to be on a folder (so no information that is linkable like director) then when I arrow right from the rightmost poster, it ends up in no mans land (no cursor anywhere the screen just dims).

As I sit here an type I was just thinking that if I turn off vertical scroll I am not sure if that would be better...I will try it, but at any rate here's my request.

Is it possible to either:

1. Change the layout of the view such that the information does not toggle back and forth (there seems to be enough real estate)

2.  Make the items in the information area not hotspots such that an arrow right (when vertical scroll is on) goes to the view menu.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
ulrick65

Any chance on getting this looked at in the theme?  My trial has expired and this causes enough issues with trying to change views that I don't want to purchase the theme if this is not going to be fixed.

Thanks.

Edited by ulrick65

leedavies

Good news on this one...  it's fixed in the latest dev build.  When the contents of the panel swapped between star rating and MPAA rating, input focus was lost when the "old" panel was removed.  Focus is now inherited by the new panel being shown.  Solved that annoying navigation issue.

I plan to put up a small Crystal patch release probably later today.  See if anyone reports anything odd with the 1.0.10.0 release before rushing 1.0.10.1 up!

leedavies

Yes, for this weekend only, Crystal, ROC and Breeze are all in "free preview" mode and will work for the whole weekend for everyone - even if you had your 14 trial some time ago and it's now expired.

Just make sure to download the latest v1.0.10.0 version of each theme and you'll be able to use any of them until Monday morning.  A lot of changes have gone into all 3 themes so this is a great chance to see how things have progressed.  And hopefully to decide you like what you see and to buy a licence...  :-)

If you've got any feedback on the latest versions, as always, please post in these forums - always welcome!!!