Chocolate Theme - Block Exit

ulrick65

ulrick65

Is there a setting for the Chocolate theme (or MBC in general) to block the exiting from MBC, or at least ask for confirmation (like some of the other themes do)?  It is not difficult to hit the back button to many times and exit right out...

Thanks.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Not at this time, it maybe something @@ebr may implement in the future but thats his call.

CBers

I'd like to see that as part of MBC rather than individual themes, just so we don't keep pestering those pesky devs to add it ;)

Cheesegeezer

I'd like to see that as part of MBC rather than individual themes, just so we don't keep pestering those pesky devs to add it ;)

Ok i'm gonna add this to Subdued now!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

LOL

you won't be laughing.  I just added it to subdued, new version should be available to download.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@ebr when you get back from your holibobs, i've forked a pull request for you to implement this into Chocolate, if you wish to add it into chocolate.

Cheers and hope you are enjoying your holiday.

• Like 1

CBers

you won't be laughing.  I just added it to subdued, new version should be available to download.

Thanks @@Cheesegeezer, all working as stated - The "Ronseal" effect  :)

@@ebr when you get back from your holibobs, i've forked a pull request for you to implement this into Chocolate, if you wish to add it into chocolate.

Would like to see this in Chocolate as well, or in MBC in general.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

ulrick65

Nice!  Thanks Cheezegeezer....I appreciate the quick edit there.

I have to agree...this would be a nice addition to MBC in general but I would settle for Chocolate at the moment!   :)

lurch9366

Can this be feature be turned off? Perhaps with a checkbox in the configurator please. I am finding it a bit much to have to confirm on exit every time. Messes with the flow a lot more than I thought it would. 

lurch9366

Can this be feature be turned off? Perhaps with a checkbox in the configurator please. I am finding it a bit much to have to confirm on exit every time. Messes with the flow a lot more than I thought it would. 

Found the checkbox but after unchecking it it rechecks it self upon reentry into mbc. If you need logs please let me know.

Cheesegeezer

My bad Ebr, i planted a seed i guess and ended up hijacking this thread. Sorry bud!

Any subdued theme stuff post a new thread please and keep this chocolate oriented for Ask to Quit function.

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Like 1

This feature is in the dev version of Chocolate that is now available if you'd like to test it.  You'll need the new version of MBC (108).

• Like 2

ulrick65

Works perfectly.  Can the default be set to "No" in stead of yes?

Thanks for doing this, will save some backing out and coming back in for my family...I appreciate it.

CBers

This feature is in the dev version of Chocolate that is now available if you'd like to test it. You'll need the new version of MBC (108).

Missed this somehow the other day, thanks Eric.

Cheesegeezer

Works perfectly.  Can the default be set to "No" in stead of yes?

Thanks for doing this, will save some backing out and coming back in for my family...I appreciate it.

No offense, but setting the default to no, would only get another request for some to set it to yes. Its easy enought to set in the config.

• Like 1

ulrick65

No offense, but setting the default to no, would only get another request for some to set it to yes. Its easy enought to set in the config.

I didn't mean setting the config to enable the blocking to default to "on" or anything...what I meant was when the pop up comes up that says "Do you want to Exit"...have the default response set on "No", that way the user has to arrow left then select to exit out.

Not critical either way, just makes it a bit more fool proof to not exit out by mistake.

Thanks. 

Cheesegeezer

I didn't mean setting the config to enable the blocking to default to "on" or anything...what I meant was when the pop up comes up that says "Do you want to Exit"...have the default response set on "No", that way the user has to arrow left then select to exit out.

Not critical either way, just makes it a bit more fool proof to not exit out by mistake.

Thanks. 

Yeah, I'm with you.  Sorry dude, misunderstanding

• Like 1

I think it is still foolproof on the exit isn't it and it seems, if you really want out, you don't want to have the extra key press.

Having said all of that, my preference would probably actually be to implement this a little differently and, instead of a confirmation dialog, simply force the user to hit an actual exit command to quit instead of backing out.  I will probably switch the implementation to that at some point.

• Like 1

ulrick65

I think it is still foolproof on the exit isn't it and it seems, if you really want out, you don't want to have the extra key press.

Having said all of that, my preference would probably actually be to implement this a little differently and, instead of a confirmation dialog, simply force the user to hit an actual exit command to quit instead of backing out.  I will probably switch the implementation to that at some point.

That's even better.