Coverart Plugin Disk Images Missing in Some Collections

Zerocool15

Zerocool15

Hello,

I'm running the following version of Emby Version 3.0.5972.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS x64 with CoverArt version 4.0.10.0. I am having the same problem as Tanamur in this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29882-coverart-plugin-disk-images-missing-in-some-collections/&do=findComment&comment=287259

I tried the suggestions listed in that post but it didn't help.

I reported a problem about this plug in before in this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34112-emby-web-client-not-loading-images/. The solution there for me was to change treatment style from fan to stack. However, I just updated the emby server recently and the collections failed to display the Stack treatment as well.

So I decided to change the treatment style again from Stack to Sapphire Discs. This got the collections to display correctly but with empty discs. It turned out I was missing disc images which I have since downloaded by enabling discs images in Metadata -> Services and checking the box for Disc. Then I went to each of the movies that are part of the collections under metadata manager and used the refresh option under the 3 dots. The disc images downloaded successfully. After this I went to the Collection itself and used the refresh option there. After that, some disc images started loading for the collections but not for all.

I have cleared the enhanced images cache, refreshed the collection multiple times and even uninstall & re-installed CoverArt plugin, and restarted Emby Server, even ran Clean Database & Scan Library tasks manually but still didn't fix the issue.

Is there another place where these images might be cached or something else I need to do?

Thanks.

Edited by Zerocool15

We would need to look at the details of a specific situation.

Show us what you are seeing in the interface for an item and then what images actually exist for that item.

Zerocool15

This is what I am seeing, see how some of the discs appear blank. Each of those movies in the collections actually has a disc.png in its movie folder. For some reason only the Avengers collection is displayed properly.

5757589620f10_ScreenShot20160607at42624P

Zerocool15

So I fixed the issue.

This is what I had to do:

1. Even though the disc.png file was downloaded for each movie in the collection it seems like that file didn't actually appear in the movie's folder on the server until I went into the Images section in metadata manager for each movie.
  2. Then I had to delete the Primary image at each collection.
  3. After refreshing each collection a new Primary image was downloaded and correctly loaded each of the disc.png files.

Well done. Thanks for reporting back. You probably could have achieved the same thing by just refreshing the collection, but glad you found a solution.

Yes, refreshing the collection probably would have done it.

We got a little less dynamic with these types of sub-images because discovering that they had been added after the fact was causing performance problems for normal operation.  So, now if you change some of these types of things you may have to manually refresh the item to generate a new image.