Calling all members.... Become part of promotions team

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

We have an exciting opportunity for 5 members initially to become part of a new department within the dev team to help promote Media Browser to the outside world.

Luke and the rest of the dev team, would like to be able to free up time for development and allow a choice few of our community members to take an active part in helping out with our project.

Whats required?

You should be literate and able to express in words... enthusiasm.

It will involve writing up material promoting MB in many different aspects, such as the full project, clients, exciting features, plugins available, etc.

it will also involve writing blogs for some of our partners to actively be displayed on their sites to.

You will need to liaise with other sites where appropriate to ensure we get the right content across for both us and their audience.

You will need to join forums and sites to become active members for our community.

It really is a great opportunity to help out all the dev team who work so hard to bring you this excellent media service.

So, if anyone is interested please put your name down here for consideration.

MEDIA BROWSER NEEDS YOU!!

• Like 5

Ask Redshirt or any of the other app developers, I'm constantly on their case to get them to spend more time promoting their apps, (and less coding). And for me, promoting all of them, the server, and trying to recruit new developers. Every minute we spend on it just pulls us away from all the features you're asking us for, so if we can find a few people it would be a tremendous help.

• Like 2

trusselo

hmm... well. ok. luke knows. thats my application so far. keep posted for edits. lol

Brendon

This sounds interesting, but would like to make sure i have time first before comitting, i don't like doing things half-a**ed :)

The other thing is can you give an idea of the type of places/sites you would want us aiming for?

Delphi

I would totally say yes to this, but I am only able to even put this much effort into the studio images project because I am currently between semesters in college...

Airbender

Hi

Great approach indeed but i dont think i qualified basic simple reason my English writing sucks :(

but if there is anything else i can do to help i will

Thanks in advance

Cheesegeezer

Guys i appreciate your honesty regarding committing to this, although this is why we need a team to work together, I for one don't expect one person to do this all, it way too much work for one individual to take on.

As for sites....

Techy forums such as AVForums, AVS, xda, reddit, plex, mediaportal, xbmc, etc

Potentail bloggers, we already have affiliates in places such as the digital lifestyle

Partners, such as Fanart.tv, tmdb and other sites that by us using their api's help to promote their services and we get to show off our project.

Client side, ios, windowsphone, roku, android, etc to help the developers out alot

Initially there will be a surge, very much like you guys are doing with the studios project. Then it will probably calm down. If your english isn't great why not hit sites in your country/countries that speak your native tongue.

It's really about exposing us more to the world and taking the responsibility away from the devs.

Thanks again guys

Also i would like to add that this is open to each and every one of you.

I have tried to help with this on occasion, i did a small write up on the wp client @wpcentral.

I'll offer help where i can if you're short on numbers but with work and family commitments i don't have a lot of time.(i did the wpcentral bit on tapatalk during lunch at work!)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CBers

Everytime we see a link to a article relating to Plex/XBMC etc., we should visit the site and create an MB3 post.

Cheesegeezer

We are not asking for round the clock support, a couple of hours a week each at most, would be a massive help, it will certainly be more than what we are currently doing.

@@Lee even things like that are well received by us and much appreciated. We are all in the same boat and appreciate any efforts made to help out. @@Luke has about 20 sites he trieds to get to but only manages one maybe two a week. Also we will be on hand to guide you along the way so dont feel overwhelmed and think you need to be plugged in 24/7 hahaha.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

@@Cheesegeezer, @@Luke if u want to pm me a/the list as and when i get time I'll try hit some.

I want to try dvbviewer soon for my own selfish reasons!!!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Cheesegeezer

@@Lee many thanks for your interest, @@Abobader is currently in the process of setting up the promo team in the dev section.  Once this is complete we'll pm you and get you up and running.

Thanks again mate ;)

Hi

I don't mind to join and help up

If you guys ok with it

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, please!

Cheesegeezer

Hi

Add me in please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're in :D please speak with @@Lee to help him out

Koleckai Silvestri

I am fairly new to the HtPC scene but will try to promote as much as possible. I think a lot of people believe that Media Browser is still embedded into Windows Media Center. That can turn some people off who don't want to pay extra for that functionality.

Once the Linux server is out, that will help as well.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I am fairly new to the HtPC scene but will try to promote as much as possible. I think a lot of people believe that Media Browser is still embedded into Windows Media Center. That can turn some people off who don't want to pay extra for that functionality.

Once the Linux server is out, that will help as well.

We are currently setting this up, but we would really appreciate any help you are willing to give. I've seen your posts and even tho you maybe new you are helpful and knowledgable and would welcome you if you were up for it.

Cheers

bloodtaker

I would be willing to help as well. Currently I am apart of several multigaming clans with over 300 members in each and have gotten 20 or so out of each to try and still use media browser. I may not be the best at writing but what i lack in that aspect i more than make up for in enthusiasm and the will to keep this project going. All i ask is if you do accept me for this is just to give me a list of the special feature you would want the most discussed and a list of the places that you would want me to hit the most. The reason i as for these as i am old and forgetful well not really old only 30 but am still forgetful lol.

Edited by bloodtaker

I would be willing to help as well. Currently I am apart of several multigaming clans with over 300 members in each and have gotten 20 or so out of each to try and still use media browser. I may not be the best at writing but what i lack in that aspect i more than make up for in enthusiasm and the will to keep this project going. All i ask is if you do accept me for this is just to give me a list of the special feature you would want the most discussed and a list of the places that you would want me to hit the most. The reason i as for these as i am old and forgetful well not really old only 30 but am still forgetful lol.

Thanks. We can absolutely use your help.

Brendon

We are not asking for round the clock support, a couple of hours a week each at most, would be a massive help, it will certainly be more than what we are currently doing.

@@Lee even things like that are well received by us and much appreciated. We are all in the same boat and appreciate any efforts made to help out. @@Luke has about 20 sites he trieds to get to but only manages one maybe two a week. Also we will be on hand to guide you along the way so dont feel overwhelmed and think you need to be plugged in 24/7 hahaha.

If that's all that's needed Cheesegeezer i could probably fit that in, once the audio side is a little more complete i would happily promote to all my fellow audiophiles anyways (now MB seems to handle flac so much better they are an easy get) also if no-one minds, as i have said before, i have been very heavily involved in the .torrent communities for almost 10yrs now so could push it through dozens of forums in private sites.

Currently i already promote it fairly heavily locally, until recently i owned a retail pc store and it was put into every htpc i built with desktop links pointing to forums and MB2 store, unfortunately last month saw rising costs force us to close the store and operate from home and internet. Still happy to promote it through my online store via a small advert/write-up (when i get that finished and up) and social network pages and just a thought i could write something up and send it to all my suppliers, surely my account managers would pass it around to their colleagues, that's an awful lot of tech-heads taking a look.

The only thing i would ask is don't ever ask me to go to an Apple forum/site you will be invoking WW3 and 4 lmao

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

That's great Brendon, any help is always appreciated.

trusselo

i could definitely help out with xda, branch out to the other android sites.  Android Central and rootzwiki likes to "promote" software.. more than xda, though they are the place to get tallent.  Ive also recently been active on Overclock.net, they have a section for HTPC discussion, same goes for overclockers.com.  I'd be comfortable saying i could get around to these in a reasonable amount of time, xda first.

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1