NextPVR plugin not working

mutagen

mutagen

Hi,

I have a new setup:

HDHR Prime = live tv working

NextPVR = Live tv, recording, playback all working; local web interface also working

Emby Live TV = if channel selected from GUIDE, it works ; however, if channel is selected from SUGGESTIONS/WHAT'S ON, black screen, no playback nor sound

Emby server Version 3.0.5972.0

NextPVR version 3.6.6

Windows 10.0.10586

Emby and NextPVR are installed on the same pc

I have 2 issues:

1. Live TV not working through Emby Live TV when channel is selected from SUGGESTIONS/WHAT'S ON

2. On the HOME page of the Emby web interface, I do not see anything about the NextPVR plugin. Should I see something about NextPVR under My Media? I have recordings in NextPVR, but I do not seen them anywhere in Emby.

mutagen

Should I have both Emby Live TV setup AND the NextPVR plugin?  Or are they mutually exclusive?

Hi, welcome. Emby has native support for Silicon Dust HD Homerun network tuners. If you have one of these, then you do not need next pvr or any other live tv plugin.

If you have some other kind of tuner and would like to use it with Emby, then you can do so through the use of Next Pvr or one of the other live tv plugins. In this scenario you need both the next pvr standalone application, and the next pvr plugin for Emby. You can learn more on our wiki by clicking "Help" at the top of the live tv setup pages.

Does this answer your question? Thanks!

mutagen

Hi Luke, thank you for your help.

Yes, I do have the Silicon Dust HD Homerun prime.  I was afraid I was duplicating things.

I'll try it without the NextPVR ....