K Series

dukejames

dukejames

I just received a 2016 KS8000 (K Series) TV and can't install the Emby App. I can't attempt the installation because the User ID must be an e-mail address. The User ID currently provided in the instructions is not.

Is the Emby App compatible with K Series TV's?

Is there an e-mail address I could use alternatively to sign in with and download the Emby client?

Thanks!

CBers

I assume the K series runs Tizen, which means the Emby for Samaung Smart TV app will not work, as it hasn't been ported to Tizen as yet.

There is currently no timescale on when it will be ported.

@@cmcg @@FrostByte

MSattler

Someone bought one of the dev's a J series Samsung in the past few months in order to have a test TV for Tizen.  But Nothing has come from that yet.

• 3 months later...
broadcastguy

Have there been any developments on this since June?

I'm a new Emby user and love it, but I'm finding the web browser interface on the KS8000 to be quite tedious. Perhaps there's an app on the horizon? If I knew anything about programming, I'd be happy to help, but unfortunately I don't. Thanks in advance!

FrostByte

I'm a new Emby user and love it, but I'm finding the web browser interface on the KS8000 to be quite tedious. Perhaps there's an app on the horizon? If I knew anything about programming, I'd be happy to help, but unfortunately I don't. Thanks in advance!

You may want to follow the thread below.  There is already a Store app that works on the 2015 J-series TVs in the US and it looks like it may be available for the 2016 K-series TVs very soon.  They are working with Samsung to get it released in other countries also

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27254-status-of-tizen/?p=366986

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

You should like what comes... ;)

Hitsville

Check the app store. Emby on tizzen works well!

Lol.. You're assuming I'm in the U.S I believe ?

Still, now its released for 2016 models I now only have to wait for the European release so I'm a step closer. The regional releases I'm curious about... Neither Orca's great Plex app for 2015 and earlier, nor the abysmal official Plex app for 2016 models had staggered regional releases. But hey ho !! :) 

MSattler

Lol.. You're assuming I'm in the U.S I believe ?

Still, now its released for 2016 models I now only have to wait for the European release so I'm a step closer. The regional releases I'm curious about... Neither Orca's great Plex app for 2015 and earlier, nor the abysmal official Plex app for 2016 models had staggered regional releases. But hey ho !! :)

My bad

Edited by MSattler
  • Like 1