H264 Content Now Remuxing, Video Broken on iOS/tvOS

solabc16

solabc16

Evening

With v3.0.5972.0 installed, H264 content (i.e. BDs in MKV containers), playback is now remuxing rather than transcoding.

There are no perceivable issues with the audio, but with the video is broken.

It's not buffering, the video appears to consistently show the first few frames from every second - pausing on the last frame shown until the start of the next second, when it will again play a few frames. This will continue indefinitely.

This can be reproduced on iOS and tvOS apps, there is no problem in the webapp - example remux logs attached.

H264 playback worked previously, albeit transcoding and occassionally buffering due to CPU limits with BD content.

CPU utilisation, as expected, is significantly lower when remuxing - not peaking any higher than 35% on the CPU.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Best

- James

remux_problem_tvos.txt

remux_problem_webapp.txt

can you see if there's any characteristics of this video not supported by the devices, in other words, something we can use to trigger a full video transcode? thanks.

solabc16

Evening

I'll look into it a bit more tomorrow and get something more concrete, this is what I've pulled together just now...

Remux, With Issues as Noted

574f76bf0f190_mediainfo_titanic.png

Remux, No Issues Playback OK

574f770e9ac84_mediainfo_spy.png

Transcodes, OK With Occasional Buffering (expected)

574f775395cc3_mediainfo_hp.png

- James

perhaps there is a max bitrate the devices can handle that we are not taking into account? aside from the high bitrate of 25mbps the file looks fine to be to be honest.