Web/Mobile - Reduce unnecessary steps in menus

theeternalmushroom

theeternalmushroom

Sorry if repost, didn't see this in the last few pages. I've been trying out Emby for a couple weeks now. Bought a few apps to support dev. Please consider requests below

Reduce unnecessary steps to play or record media..

Example, playing a music album:

Suggestions should be an option that can be turned off. I do not think many use this and it's an extra step to get to album/artist/etc. So now I select album and from there..

When I click play icon on top of an album, why is there a menu that pops up asking if I want to play, instant mix, or shuffle? Play should just play the album from the beginning, no extra steps. I would add a settings (...) menu on the left side of album art with the additional play options.

Recording a Live TV show:

Once a show is selected, record doesn't record. It takes you to another screen where you have the option to record series & change padding before you can actually schedule it.. wasted step that could be avoided.

Couple of other ideas that I don't want to create a thread for:

- Music, a quick shuffle all mode would be extremely useful and save a few wrecks navigating the menus in the process.

- TV Guide speed - Even with EPG data set to 1 day, ~100 channels takes 15-20 seconds to display in both web & android. Hopefully this can be preloaded/optimized somehow in the future.

Keep up the good work

Hi, sorry, but the record screen isn't a wasted step. People do actually use series recordings, and if we changed it so they had to schedule a recording, then go somewhere else to change it to a series recording, then there would be even more complaints about not being able to find it.

Thank you for the rest of your feedback, we'll take a look at them.

• Like 1

theeternalmushroom

I'm sure they do, but once you have your normal series recordings set, it's not something most would use more often than say one-off record for a live event or similar. Not arguing the option shouldn't be there, but why not make it quicker/easier instead of dedicating an extra screen to it? Maybe like a single tap records once, double tap records series and changes the icon to R>>> or whatever to indicate such. It's not a huge deal but I think a few minor interface tweaks could go a long way. JMO..